© 2015 The Karen Martin Group, Inc.
1. Define and Breakdown the Problem
• Example: “Data integrity problem”
– Says who? What are they saying
SPECIFICALLY? Go interview!
– Are we talking about inaccurate data,
missing data, incomplete data, data in
wrong location, similar but slightly
different data stored in different
locations, incorrect conclusions about
accurate data, or…?
• Example: “No control of refrigerant
inventory (controlled substance)”
– Is this true in all locations? All types of
– Is physical inventory quantity higher,
lower, or both when compared to