Agenda• Social Media Overview and Trends• Top 10 Facebook Tips For Business• Time-Saving Tools and Resources
Social Media Overview• Biggest Players in Social Media Field:• Facebook• Twitter• LinkedIn• Google+• You Tube• Pinterest
Facebook Stats• Facebook: 900 million+ active users• Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events• People who use Facebook on their mobile devices are 2x as active on FB as those on non-mobile users
Twitter Stats• Twitter - 500 million users/140 million active users• Apple integrated Twitter into iOS 5 last Fall• 2012: 340 million tweets per day
You Tube Stats• 800M unique users visit YouTube/month• Over 3 billion videos are viewed a day• YouTubes demographic is broad: 18-54 years old
Pinterest• Fastest growing: 10+million plus• Pinterest is an online pinboard• If your content is picture-heavy (think food, fashion, movies), try it!• Pinterest is a pinboard-style social photo sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as events, interests, hobbies, and more.
3 Social Media Trends• 1. Mobile devices• 2. QR Codes: A QR code (abbreviated from Quick Response code) is a type of matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code)• 3. Video! You Tube, Vimeo, Animoto
1. Mobile Phone SitesDesigned by Eric Bloom of Mobile MarCom
2. Trend: QR Codes• #6: Use QR codes to drive trafﬁc• QR codes are two-dimensional bar codes that can be scanned by smartphones with cameras. Once scanned, they can redirect people to a website (among other tricks).
3. Trend: Video• Having video on your website, Facebook or other social networks help boost the SEO of your
1. Facebook Tip• 1. Add social media buttons to your website home page• By getting someone to follow you on Facebook, you have the opportunity to keep the lines of communication open long after they’ve left your website.
2. Facebook Tip• 2. Connect Facebook to your BLOG• Use Networked Blogs: http://www.networkedblogs.com• Also connect your Blog to Facebook, LinkedIn and Tweet your Blog posts
3. Facebook Tip• GET PERSONAL on Facebook - but not Too Personal!• Your community wants to get to know you and wants to be able to relate to you and your company!
4. Facebook Tip• 4. Make your website shareable• Facebook Like buttons are a great tool• You can add them to any page of your website to get visitors to share the content more easily with their networks.
5. Facebook Tip• PHOTOS Rule on Facebook!• Pictures are very powerful on Facebook• They take up more space in the news feed• Photos can get more engagement than a straight text post
6. Facebook Tip• 6. Use Analytics• Facebook Insights• Pay attention to the way in which individuals are using your social media buttons by tapping into Google Analytics• Google Analytics added a social media component to their tools
7. Use Facebook’s Features • Use some of Facebook’s features to help your page stay interesting • applications • pinning posts • highlighting
9. Promote Social Sites• Your website• Your business cards• Your storefront window• Your front desk• Print advertisements• Email signature• Newsletter, blog, other social media networks
10. Facebook Tip• Review your Personal Facebook page• Privacy Settings• About Section• Link to your Facebook Biz page
Favorite Social Sites• Hubspot: http://www.hubspot.com• Mashable: Social media and tips, http://mashable.com• Smartbrief: https://www.smartbrief.com• Social Media Examiner: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com• Social Media Today: http://socialmediatoday.com• Techcrunch: http://techcrunch.com• New York Times Tech Blog: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com
Resources - After the Talk• LIKE Karen’s Facebook Business page: www.facebook.com/karen.kefauver.business• Visit www.karenkefauver.com