● 3rd grader deleted all the editors to the
Newspaper's shared Google Site.
● 8th graders teasing each other by changing
fonts on a shared Google Doc.
● 6th graders friending each other on our in-house
● 5th graders cleaning up their lunch table.
Recent teachable moments
The new media literacies: a set of cultural
competencies and social skills that young
people need in the new media
Participatory culture shifts the focus of
literacy from one of individual expression
to community involvement.
Henry Jenkins, et al.
NETS for Students
NETS for Teachers
NETS for Administrators
ISTE’s National Education Technology Standards
NCTE Definition of 21c Literacies
● Develop proficiency and fluency with the tools of technology;
● Build intentional cross-cultural connections and relationships with others
so to pose and solve problems collaboratively and strengthen independent
● Design and share information for global communities to meet a variety of
● Manage, analyze, and synthesize multiple streams of simultaneous
● Create, critique, analyze, and evaluate multimedia texts;
● Attend to the ethical responsibilities required by these complex
Feel free to add any additional information and resources to the
shared GoogleDoc linked below: