“ To bring inspiration and innovation to every
athlete* in the world ”
US$100B Market Capitalization
Key Markets North America,
30.6 B Revenue
Brand Endorsers Michael Jordan
January 25, 1964 Founded
Market Presence in 120
Traditional Marketing Communication
Traditional media include broadcast channels (television, radio and cinema), print (newspaper, magazine, books, directories) and public advertising such as
billboards, posters and public transport. TV, radio and print remain the largest media to advertise in, accounting for approximately 70% of all media
expenditure. These are known as traditional media as they have existed effectively for the longest. The effectiveness of traditional media is its ability to
reach large numbers of people. For this reason, it is also referred to as "mass media"
Personal SellingPublic RelationSales PromotionsAdvertising
• American advertising agency Wieden + Kennedy (W&K) is responsible for Nike’s brilliant TV advertisements.
• Nike believes in making Transformational advertisements instead of conventional advertisements.
• Nike designs its advertisements to capitalize on consumer’s emotions and emphasise individual feelings such as pride,
achievement, ambition and actualisation.
• Nike spent $3.031 B on Advertisement what they call ‘Demand Creation’ in last two fiscal year(2016). Source Nike Annual report
• Nike is also famous for its creative billboard and print media advertisements.
Social Media platforms and followers
Nike has developed a strong brand over the years and social media and PR played important role in creating the brand of Nike.
have total around
2.7 CR followers
Nike Football FB
Nike have another official
account in facebook
dedicated to football.
Nike soccer Instagram
Nike have another official account
dedicated to football.
Nike Twitter Handle
Nike is currently having
highest numbers of followers
in sports segment
Nike utilizes the major social networks to its advantage by tapping into the core of our generation. Social media is such a big aspect of our everyday lives
and Nike recognizes that. By making themselves available on different social networks, Nike’s marketers can continuously market their products without
spending millions of dollars on TV ads. Just by posting a video, millions of people can view and share it, thus spreading awareness of their brand name
Public Relation & Promotion
• Nike uses social media campaigns to promote their products.
• 2010’s Write the future campaign of Nike was the most shared campaign of the planet in 2010. It
created twice as much brand buzz as official sponsor Adidas at world cup.
• Global growth of 7% following the campaign
• Write the future, Spark Brilliance, Make it count, Equality, Just do it , Risk Everything, Find the
Greatness are the popular social media campaigns of Nike.
• In 2012, Nike is listed as a partner of the (RED) campaign, The campaign's mission is to prevent the
transmission of the HIV virus from mother to child by 2015 (the campaign's tagline is "Fighting For An
AIDS Free Generation")
Promotional Events of Nike
• Nike always create lot of buzz by organizing unique events and bringing together stars on same field.
• Nike has also launched Nike+ segment of its own in which plus indicates more, to promote Nike+
applications and fuel bands, Nike is organizing events very frequently all over the world and as a result
Nike+ running sensor, the blockbuster performance-tracking tool developed with Apple have around 5
million runners now log on to Nike+ app to check their performance.
Nike Store Experience(Personal selling)
• Nike’s New Stores Looks To Revolutionize The In-Store Experience, Nike is always in a state of flux, continually adapting to
resonate with new and changing audiences. Bearing that in mind, it’s somewhat fitting that on Nov 2015 , Nike opened
twenty 55 square-foot tech-infused store right in the USA that could potentially be a blueprint for the future of retail and
the in-store experience. the store contains digital screens virtual fitness zones.
• Nike said in June marketing investments had improved retail presentation, consumer experiences, storytelling,
merchandising, product flow and assortment planning.
Contemporary IMC elements include a wide variety of new options, such as online marketing, social media, cell phone marketing, buzz-marketing, branded entertainment, product
placement. These new marketing communication elements and online media have changed the interface between consumers and organisations, where there has been a shift in
power between the media and the consumer, with consumer-generated media turning consumers into content creators. Consumers now demand greater control over what, when,
where and how they are exposed to corporate communications, thereby blurring the traditional boundaries between public and private, producers and consumers.
Contemporary Marketing Communication Elements
Nike is not only good in handling product queries but they are way ahead in responding to customers on digital platforms
compared to their rivals. based on Rational interaction report 2015 Nike responded to 96 percent of all customer service
inquiries in their twitter instantly.
Nike’s products were packed in air-cushion. The benefit of the product is transferred into the packaging, and made visible. The
package provides the best possible presentation of the product and a height advertising effectiveness. Due to less usage of
materials, it also contributes to sustainability.
Nike uses different digital marketing tools and techniques to tap their customer. Approx. 93% of all consumers use search before
making a purchase — and on top of that, 86% of people are conducting non-branded queries and Nike knows it well. Nike has
developed it own analytics software which is known as ‘Nike analytics’.
Endorsement and Sponsorships
• Whether football or basketball, tennis or golf, running or Olympic sports, Nike has always recruited top performance athletes
from all over the world with strong personalities consistent with the brand values. the target audience admire and connect to
their role models as people who have achieved top performance through their individual skills and often identify with them.
Karan Mehta 20161023
Presentation by School Of Petroleum Management
079 2327 5109