A voluntary group of like-minded staff have now put together a sharing deck for all of you, which highlights some of these learnings and more importantly, how being a creative person impacts them personally and in the work they do at Collab Asia
- To encourage the mindset of continuous learning and to seek new information,
knowledge and new ways to do things in our projects.
- To help Marketing/Brands to achieve Collab Asia creatives brief with more
eﬃciency in order to generate conversion rate.
What can we oﬀer?
- A solid creative idea as a group with various types of backgrounds.
- Deliver every visual with standardisation as a whole Brand.
- All sort of Design trends that can be a good use for editing, podcast, publishing,
events and etc.
5. Many unique ideas come from just one
person but they are molded by a team to
become fully formed.
Who is Chris Do?
Chris Do is an Emmy award-winning designer, director, CEO and Chief
Strategist of Blind and the founder of
—an online education platform with the mission of teaching 1 billion
people how to make a living doing what they love.
Be More Entertaining
Solving The Obstacle/s
● Figure out what people want:
My manager wants all these game contents of us to be Funnier and
more Entertaining for the viewers. So we act dank/funny as possible
while playing games. Sometimes we roast each other and we make
some weird death sounds when we died in game. For the video to be
more entertaining and funnier, I put meme eﬀects and funny sfx.
● Take small steps towards making it a reality:
On editing funny game content, always look for funny/fail/epic parts in
the video and line the scenes properly. Remove all the dull moments.
● Adjust as you go:
On putting memes and funny sfx, you have to put appropriate memes
on those scenes and not just random memes that is not even connected
to those scenes. Also putting those memes and funny sound eﬀects
should be properly timed. Because in comedy, timing of delivering
something (like a joke) is so important. And we all know that.
● When you hit an obstacle, do as the Marines -
“Improvise, Adapt and Overcome”:
Expect that there will always parts on the video that are just
plain, dull, no funny moments or no epic plays. What editors
commonly do is just cut them out or remove those scenes from
the video. But sometimes cutting out those scenes could reduced
a large chunk of run time of the video. Which leads to the video
not reaching the recommended 10min. run time on YouTube.
Those watch times are very important on YouTube you know. So
what I do is improvise. I make an buildup scene that is
funny/entertaining enough before the actual funny or epic scene
happen. Just like what I did on this video (start at 6:55 onwards).
The video game culture was an important thing to keep alive in the ﬁlm
because we're in a new era right now. The idea that kids can play video
games like Grand Theft Auto or any video game is amazing. The video
games are one step before a whole other virtual universe.
I was scared to give up my full-time job to pursue my dreams.
But, my family and friends have always been so supportive of
my decisions, and in the middle of being in a pandemic, it made
me realize how short our life is.
We cannot achieve what we want to accomplish if we don't do
something about it.
It took me a long time to decide, and I don't know if i will
succeed, but I know that I won't regret these decisions in the
I will be oﬃcially going back to studying acting starting my April.
Why Full-time to Part time:
I believe Acting and designing have a lot in common.
These two are also a form of art and creativeness.
In Acting, you can express yourself through movement
and expression and tell diﬀerent stories.
In Designs, you can express yourself with colors and
patterns, giving out diﬀerent perspectives.
The Beauty of Acting and Design
James Martin is a creator of logos & builder of brands who
runs a design studio in Southampton, England, UK. James
has been a designer for 15 years and now specialises in
brand and logo creation.
What I like about him
● Interesting process
● Great hand drawing skills
● Diverse skills & styles
● Simple and clean
● Enjoys his work a lot
19. The process
People are excited with his process because of the
But behind all the fun, there are a few things to look
1. Ask the client for a mood board and project
brief (Why you? Why now?)
2. Call them to decipher body language and
identify potential disconnects
3. Deconstruct the brief (print it & highlight the
4. Written thought generation/word mapping
5. Reﬁne! Choose approximately 3 elements
6. Rapid prototyping
7. Focus & reﬁne (put all that goodness into
20. Everything that you’re putting out into
the world has your name on it.
So, make sure it’s banging.
Why everyone needs to have hobby?
● To relieve stress
It's a common misconception that hobbies will lead to more stress. Hobbies are not meant to be perfect. There are
no hard-and-fast rules for how long you need to spend on a hobby. As long as you get to enjoy what you do, having
a hobby can be a perfect outlet to relieve stress.
● Personal Growth
Hobbies help you develop new skills and knowledge that can enrich your perspective on things. You'll also get to
know yourself better by exploring things that pique your interest.
● To maintain a work-life balance
Not having breaks from work can make us less creative and enthusiastic. We all need hobbies to recharge and
Why I choose Art Direction as my hobby?
Art direction enables me to have the freedom to choose whatever feels right for the medium that I’m working on. As
someone who designs channel art and videos for clients/content creators who have specific preferences, my hobby in art
directing gives me the creative freedom to just express myself through my personal projects. And since, it's something that
influences everything the we interact with; films, apps, magazines, music, etc., the skills and knowledge that I learn from this
hobby can also be applied to other activities that I find interesting.
What can we learn from Art Direction?
● Through art direction, we can all learn to convey our message with our concepts. Before we can pick the right fonts,
color palettes and layout, art direction is the backbone of every creative project.
● Art direction enables people to be more collaborative in coming up with a cohesive vision of a project.
● Art direction is diﬀerent from design. Art direction focuses on how the art feels rather than how it simply looks.
● It allow artists to experiment creatively while still considering what the audience/market needs.
I usually do brand design for marketing events and
creators, and I really enjoy this job. The most important
element of brand design is obviously typography. A
logotype is a great visual outcome that can explain
brand identity. It is really important element not only for
the brand design but also any design. Then what is a
good typography and How to be a good typographer?
It’s the question that I always think about.
What makes a good typography?
● Consistency and simplicity; make it easy to read
● Typeface; use less multi typefaces
● Letter-spacing; It’s the main key of good typography
Typography trends 2021
● Svelte Serif Fonts
● Outline Fonts
● Evolved Brutalist
● Text Layering with Other Elements
● Text-Image Blending
● New Psychedelic
● Bold Modern Serif Fonts
● Cyberpunk & Vaporwave
How to be a good typographer?
● Using Margin well
● Following the trends
● Reading as many references as you can and try to get
an eye how to read a typography.
Typography Trends 2021
What is Design Thinking?
● Generally deﬁned as an analytic and creative process that engages a person in
opportunities to experiment, create and prototype models, gather feedback, and
| Design is a process
How Nature gives the most inspirations for Design Thinking?
● Nature has a way of creating positive disruptions by pulling us out of our interests,
ideas, and systems and into something that is often humbling.
● Nature has the most tested, oldest and most innovative process of dealing with
● It is an innovative way of dealing with a problem, whether it may be food shortage,
defending against a predator or even ﬁnding the perfect mate and etc
How can we learn from nature to improve
our design thinking?
● Discovering new ways to solve problems by
considering the broader context
● Exploring nature's strategies with
biomimicry, circular economy and design
● Experiencing a lot of outdoor activities and
fun exercises along the way !
● Implementing new solutions in your
Everyone around the world have been facing a
unexpected changes because of the pandemic, feeling
unmotivated is almost everyone's problem right now,
me as a graphic designer is important to always have a
creativity and to be inspired. This is how the Graphika
Speaker have inspired me as a creative:
● Lack of motivation
● Feeling not good enough
● How to always be inspired?
How to still be inspired?
● Find what you really like and work on what you like, don’t
always work for client
● Have a less ego to easily ﬁnd yourself
● Get lost on something and have no expectations
● Remember that doing something is greater than not doing
● Keep positive and ﬁnd a way (surround yourself with positive
● Do not think about tomorrow, do not think about past, just
focus on today
● Don't always think about the result, just focus on the process
● Have a high ambition is the key to success. Remember that
success doesn't come to the most talented one, it comes to
those who work the hardest!
Why I love Photography and Video Editing:
I enjoyed it because it has allowed me to capture
moments in my own life that I don’t want to
forget. It has given me the opportunity to share
in people’s most special moments.
It allows us to express ourselves through an art
form. It also can grab our attention and speak
directly to our emotions. It’s our personal story, a
timeline of our lives ﬁlled with faces and places
that we love. They are our story, which we can
share to others.
38. Importance of Photography and Video Editing in our life:
Photography helps us to notice our world and
stay in the moment. It helps us to be aware to our
surroundings. We notice things like shadows,
patterns, colors, and frames. More importantly, we
notice meaningful things like emotions, gestures,
Video Editing is the key to blending images and
sounds to make us feel emotionally connected. It
can tell us things we never could have known.
What is Rotoscope Animation?
Rotoscoping is a technique used in animation to trace over
live-action motion picture footage frame by frame. Back in the day,
animators would project live-action images onto a glass panel and
then trace over that image.
From the classic Disney animations to the epic Star Wars movies,
From traditional animation to high end visual eﬀect, this technique,
that was invented in 1918 by Max Fleischer, has been redeveloped
and used in variety of ways.
Like any other technologies, rotoscoping that once was only available
to the artists in Hollywood, are now available to the masses as well,
and they are also using it in many creative ways.
I recently found some artists are using the technique
on their favourite K-pop artists dancing video and create
new unique animation videos.
Some of them went even further and combine K-pop dancing
videos with Japanese animation characters,
which resulted in contents that can be enjoyed by both Korean music
lovers and Japanese animation fans.
BTS Mic Drop | Rotoscope Animation
150905 DMC festival exo opening VCR animation
Haikyuu!! & BTS- Blood Sweat and Tears (하이큐로 피땀눈물!!)