Talk I delivered April 25, 2014 to the "Gathering of Titan's" event in Boston, a room full of entrepreneurial CEOs, building businesses. Pulled from my "Way of Innovation," here are the five phases the journey of any innovator/ titan/ outthinker passes through:
1. Metal - grow discontented
2. Water - create possibility
3. Wood - formation, pushing through resistance
4. Fire - breakout, passing the tipping point
5. Earth - consolidating your gains
Then you destroy your innovation and start again, as Pablo Picasso said "All creativity is at first an act of destruction."
Link to book: http://www.amazon.com/Way-Innovation-Elements-Reinvent-Organization-ebook/dp/B0045U9UGQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398457130&sr=8-1&keywords=way+of+innovation