*The Dates to Remember is not an all inclusive list of the wonderful events happening here on Fort Drum. Please take advantage of using the Preview,
the Mountaineer, the 10th
Mountain Division, MWR, ACS Facebook pages, Fort Drum website and other various avenues to learn about all the
happenings here on Fort Drum.
As of 8/7/2013
DATES TO REMEMBER
Present-9/21 FURLOUGH PERIOD
8/7 CLIF (Summer Break- no meeting) Electronic Distro Only
8/22 Volunteer of the Month Ceremony 1100 The Commons
8/22 Mountain Remembrance Ceremony 1630 Memorial Park
8/23 Retirement Ceremony 1600 Main Post Auditorium
8/28 Family Support Huddle 1000-1130 Eagles Nest
8/28 Women’s Equality Day Observance 1500 The Commons
8/28 Soldier Show 1800 Magrath Gym
8/29 Fort Drum Rides the River 1000-1500 Clayton
8/30 Division DONSA
9/2 Labor Day- Federal Holiday
9/4 CLIF 1000-1100 The Commons
9/5 Super Sign Expo 1000-1500 The Commons
9/11 9-11 Wreath Laying Ceremony 0840 Clark Hall (Memorial Area)
9/12 Mountain Mudder 0700 Magrath Sports Complex
9/18 Fort Drum Information Town Hall Meeting 1030-1200 The Commons
9/19 Volunteer of the Month Ceremony 1100 The Commons
9/21 Superhero 5K 0830 Magrath Sports Complex
9/25 Family Support Huddle 1000-1130 Eagles Nest
9/26 Mountain Remembrance Ceremony 1630 Memorial Park
9/27 Retirement Ceremony 1600 Main Post Auditorium
10/2 CLIF 1000-1100 The Commons
10/14 Columbus Day- Federal Holiday
10/21-24 AUSA National Convention Washington DC
10/23 Family Support Huddle 1000 Eagles Nest
10/24 Volunteer of the Month Ceremony 1100-1130 The Commons
10/24 Mountain Remembrance Ceremony 1630 Memorial Park
10/25 Retirement Ceremony 1600 Main Post Auditorium
10/25 DFMWR Haunted Hay Ride 1800-2100 Remington Park
10/31 Halloween Trick-or-Treat 1700-2000 Housing Areas
August 2013 CLIF Notes 1
CLIF NOTES FOR THE FORT DRUM COMMUNITY
1. AMERICAN RED CROSS (ARC)
2. ARMY CAREER & ALUMNI PROGRAM (ACAP)
3. ARMY COMMUNITY SERVICE (ACS)
4. BETTER OPPORTUNITIES FOR SINGLE SOLDIERS (BOSS)
5. CIVIL AIR PATROL (CAP)
7. CYSS SCHOOL LIAISON SERVICES (SLS)
8. CYSS SKIES
9. CYSS SPORTS
10. CYSS YOUTH CENTER
12. DIRECTORATE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES (DES)
14. FAMILY AND MORALE, WELFARE AND RECREATION (MWR)
15. FORT DRUM MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY HOMES (MCH)
17. INTRAMURAL SPORTS PROGRAM
18. MAGRATH SPORTS COMPLEX
19. McEWEN LIBRARY
21. MONTI PHYSICAL FITNESS FACILITY
22. OFF THE BEATIN' PATH GIFTS (OTBP)
23. PARENT TO PARENT (PtoP)
24. PARKS AND RECREATION
25. USO - FORT DRUM
26. VETERINARY SERVICES
27. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT FUND (VSF)
1. AMERICAN RED CROSS (ARC) CHERYL DEAN, 315-772-6561
• NEW VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION: Will be held on 4 September, 1:00 pm in the ARC Office, RM B1-35 in Clark Hall, please call to
sign up or stop by our office.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.redcross.org
Click the hyperlinks Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. ARMY CAREER & ALUMNI PROGRAM (ACAP) LORRIE GULER, 315-772-3284
• ACAP SEMINARS. Call the ACAP Center at 772-3434/3286 to reserve a seat in seminars. The following seminars are scheduled for
Boots 2 Business – 3-4 September, 8:00 am-4:00 pm
NY Police Department Exam Preparation Seminar – 5-6 September,
8:00 am-4:00 pm
Advanced Resume – 6 September, 9:00 am -11:00 am
Federal Resume – 6 September, 1:00 pm- 3:00 pm
Education – 11 September, 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
Advanced Interview – 13 September, 9:00 am -11:00 am
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com
Click the hyperlinks Website: www.acap.army.mil
3. ARMY COMMUNITY SERVICE (ACS) CATHY FERRAN, 315-772-4979
SUPER SIGN UP: 5 September, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm, The Commons. For more information call, 772-2899.
For flier click: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Drum-Army-Volunteer-Corps/136515043065912?ref=hl
RESILIENCE TRAINING: Module 5: 9 September, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm, ACS. For more information call, 772-2848/0470
For flier click: http://www.drummwr.com/OperationReady.htm
ACS INSTRUCTOR & FACILTATOR TRAINING: 23-27 September, ACS. For more information call, 772-9299
For flier click: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Drum-AFTB-AFAP/251972721545075
ACS CALENDAR including all September events can be found at: www.drummwr.com/ArmyCommunityService.htm
Click the above hyperlinks to go directly to
Agency Section in CLIF Notes
Section in CLIF Notes
Table of Contents
August 2013 CLIF Notes 2
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.drummwr.com/ArmyCommunityService.htm
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/FortDrumACSOutreach
4. BETTER OPPORTUNITIES FOR SINGLE SOLDIERS (BOSS) MICHELLE RODEN, 315 772-7807
• MOUNTAIN MUDDER 12 SEPTEMBER: Mountain Mudder event is a hardcore 4.5 mile obstacle courses to test your all around
strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie. $15 per person. Max of 600 people. Open to 18 and older DOD ID Card holders.
Three categories – "I will Smoke This", "Do It just to Do It", "I think I Can Do This". Everyone participating will receive a t-shirt and
food at the end of the race. There will be different waves at the beginning of the race. Must pre-register at Magrath Sports Complex
starting on 1 August, 2013. This is not a timed event. By running the Mountain Mudder challenge, you’ll unlock a true sense of
accomplishment, have a great time, and discover a camaraderie with your fellow participants that’s experienced all too rarely these
days Click here for the BOSS Flier.
• BOSS 5K SUPER HERO 21 SEPTEMBER: The race will be start at Magrath Sports Complex upper parking lot. Open to active duty
military assigned/attached to Fort Drum, Family members, retirees, reservists, and DoD civilians employed on Fort Drum. Register at
race site starting at 8:30 am the day of the event until the beginning of the race at 9 am. Dogs are welcome. Please remember to
bring your NYS registration and leash if you bring your four legged friend. Come as your favorite Super Hero! Click here for the BOSS
• BOSS CENTERS: BOSS invites you to our two centers. Click here for the Boss Center Flier.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.drummwr.com/BOSS.htm
Click the hyperlinks Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. CIVIL AIR PATROL (CAP) CPT ROBERT ORMSBEE, 315-772-4984
• INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE CAP? The Fort Drum Watertown Composite Squadron conducts junior ROTC type
training for cadets and Search and Rescue training for adult members. Membership for cadets is open to youth ages 12-18 and Adult
membership is open to adults age 18-and up. Upcoming meetings are 6, 13, 20 and 27 September from 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. in
• SEARCH AND RESCUE: NY WING level search and rescue exercises are conducted every two months with Group and Squadron
exercises conducted every month.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/NY406
6. CHAPEL CAROL BURKE, 315-772-4451
• INSTALLATION COMMAND CHAPLAIN: A chaplain is always as close as a phone call away at 772-5591. After duty hours, call 772-
5647 and ask for the duty chaplain.
• RELIGIOUS EDUCATION: will resume 15 September. Please check with your respective chapel service Pastor concerning
• PROTESTANT WOMEN OF THE CHAPEL: Please join us for PWOC kick off 5 September 9:30 am bldg 427B on Fourth & Oswego
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the hyperlinks Website: Fort Drum Religious Support
7. CYSS SCHOOL LIAISON SERVICES (SLS) MICHELE CARLTON/TERRI SPENCER 772-3214/1311
• SCHOOL OPENS ON SEPTEMBER 3RD, 4TH, OR 5TH THIS YEAR: please see the hyperlinked info paper. Please go over bus safety
with your child(ren), remember to check your child's paperwork from school fill out and send back any requested forms. Please
make sure the schools have an emergency number for you.
August 2013 CLIF Notes 3
• CHECK THE SCHOOL WEB SITES: for upcoming open houses, and other school events and plan to attend. Regular involvement
with your child's education is a good indicator of their academic success.
• PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES: will be here before you know it. Please plan to take time to attend your child's conference.
Tips on how to prepare for a conference are available through the School Support Services office.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.drummwr.com
Click the hyperlinks Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
8. CYSS SKIES DEB KENNEDY, 315- 772-6551
• DANCE: Dance classes will begin in September. Dates/Times and Fees to be anounced. Contact the SKIES office for more
• TAEKWONDO CLASSES: Tuesdays and Thursdays, Ages 6 & up. Fee is $70 per month. Students learn the martial art of
taekwondo, and progress through belt levels as they learn. 45 minute classes, between 6:00 pm – 8:15 pm each night.
• CLAY AND HANDBUILDING CLASSES: Learn about clay and how to build useful and whimsical items from a block of clay. Classes
are for youth ages 5-18. Clay 101 Introduction is held on Thursdays from 4:15 pm-5:00 pm and costs $5 (this is a required class prior
to taking any other clay classes). A handbuilding class is held every Thursday from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm, and costs $15.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.drummwr.com/SKIES.html
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/FortDrumSkies
9. CYSS SPORTS JON BURNARD, 315-772-4102
• NFL PUNT PASS AND KICK: will be held on 13 September, at 6:00 pm. Location will be the youth sports fields on Chapel Drive.
Please register at the NFLPPK Website.
• BASKETBALL 1-4
GRADE CO-ED: registration will start on 16 September. The fee for this program is $40. The season starts 4
November – 8 January. For more information, please contact the Youth Sports Office at 315-772-6718 or clink on this link, 2013
Youth Sports Calendar, to view more information.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.drummwr.com/YouthSports.htm
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/FORT-DRUM-MOUNTAINEER-CYSS-SPORTS/214490878183
10. CYSS YOUTH CENTER STEVE FERGUSON, 315- 772-6719
• YC BACK TO SCHOOL PARTY: 6 September –Come join us at the YC for a back to school celebration with music, games, and food!
This event is open to grades 6th -12th from 7:00 pm-10:00 pm and is Free! Hope to see you all here. Call 772-6719 for more
• YC SMART MOVES: 9 September – 30 December –will be held from 4:30 pm-6:00 pm and is a Boys and Girls Clubs of America
Program that uses a team approach involving Club staff, peer leaders, parents and community representatives. More than simply
emphasizing a “Say No” message, the program teaches youth people ages 11 to 18 how to say no by involving them in learning and
practicing skills to attain responsible behavior. The Youth Center will conduct a program orientation on 9 September at 4:30 pm.
Teens and parents are encouraged to attend. A signed parental consent is required for this program. Please register by 3
September. Registration is permitted at the orientation. Refreshments provided. Call 772-6719 for more information.
• YC MIDNIGHT SPORTS: 13 September –will be happening for 6th-12 grade youth at the YC from 8:00 pm-12:00 am. So get your
friends together and come have a night of fun competition. Snacks provided. Cost is $3 for members and $5 for non-members. Call
772-6719 for more information.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.drummwr.com/YouthServices.htm
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Drum-CYSS-YouthProgram/370723860409
August 2013 CLIF Notes 4
11. COMMISSARY PATTY MUSHTARE, 315-772-6185
• NEW COMMISSARY APP FOR YOUR IPHONE: On August 8 The Commissary will observe the first anniversary of the Rewards Card.
To coincide with this milestone, a mobile application will be available for patrons using the Apple iPhone. The application can be
found in the app store on all iPhones and pads to allow patrons to access their rewards card account, select coupons, and review
and clipped, redeemed and expired coupons.
• BACK TO SCHOOL SAVINGS: The Commissary will be offering significant savings on BACK TO SCHOOL products. They are on display
as you enter the store. Get your healthy pack lunch items and after school snacks.
• HALLOWEEN CANDY: is here as the holiday seasons begin.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.commissaries.com/stores/html/store.cfm?dodaac=hqcney
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/YourCommissary
12. DIRECTORATE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES (DES) CHIEF JULIAN, 315-772-4483
• TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT: There will be several additional speed enforcement operations in and around the Installation housing
• 774-TIPS (8477): Each Soldier, Family member, Civilian and Contractor is a set of eyes and ears for the Law Enforcement
Community. Remain vigilant in your daily activities, both at home and at work.
• OUTDOOR COOKING ACTIVITIES: Routinely inspect your propane grill for leaks!
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION?
Click the hyperlinks Email: email@example.com
13. EXCHANGE THEA SARVER, 315-773-5631
• MAIN STORE: 14 September: Prestige Cosmetic Skin Care. Kids are back to school, time to think about Mom! 21 September :
Powerzone Interactive Home Entertainment Event; Coming September Michael Kors Concept shop. Handbags and accessories will
be available in September. In a partnership with Fort Drum Retirement Services, We are hosting the Fort Drum Retiree Appreciation
Day on 25 September beginning at 9:00 a.m. and running until 1:00 p.m. In the Main Store and the Main complex Mall
• MAIN FOOD COURT: Charley’s – New smokehouse barbecue cheddar sandwich, Steak, smokehouse cheddar, diced onions.
Anthony’s- Med 1 topping pizza 7.99 Great deal for a quick family dinner! Manchu Wok – new Mongolian Beef, Spicy and delicious,
Beef, Garlic, chili peppers, ginger, and veggies all cooked to perfection served with rice or noodles; Captain D’s - Hand breaded
catfish bites, delicious catfish, hand breaded and fried to perfection with your choice of sides for just $4.99; Subway – Apple wood
pulled pork sandwich is back!
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.shopmyexchange.com
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/AAFES.BX.PX
14. FAMILY AND MORALE, WELFARE AND RECREATION (MWR) HAROLD GREER, 315-772-5685
• FAMILY NIGHTS AT THE COMMONS: will begin in the month of September every Tuesday night from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. There
will be a different buffet served and a different family themed activity.
August 2013 CLIF Notes 5
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.drummwr.com
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/DrumFMWR
15. FORT DRUM MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY HOMES (MCH) MEGAN KLOSNER, 315-955-6810
• HOMES AVAILABLE:
Outgrown your space? If you are a PVT-SSG and are interested in living with Mountain Community Homes, contact the staff
at the Welcome Home Center 315-955-6644. Lots of homes available with short wait times.
Brand new and newly renovated five bedroom homes for PVT-SSG available. All Soldiers and Families that do not
currently live with Mountain Community Homes, or current residents that have had a change in rank or have gained a
Family member are encouraged to contact the Welcome Home Center for details 315-955-6644.
The Timbers has one and two bedroom apartments available today for unaccompanied Soldiers (SSG and above). Contact
the Timbers Leasing Office 315-777-8000.
• GO NUTS FOR DONUTS: As a thank you for living with us, we want to fill the bellies of our Residents with yummy donuts and juice!
10 September beginning at 8:00 am (until supplies last) in designated areas throughout all four communities.
• TRASH TO TREASURE: Mountain Community Homes 4
annual held Saturday, 22 September from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. at the
Crescent Woods Community Center. Drop your donation at the Crescent Woods Community Center BEFORE the event. In exchange
for your donation, you will receive tickets redeemable for any treasure that catches your eye. Feel free to visit our website or give
your community center a call for details.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.fortdrummch.com
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/fortdrummch
16. HOUSING BILL BAMANN, 315-772-7256
• OFF-POST HOUSING RESOURCES: The off-post rental housing market has multiple vacancies available with lessening demand from
ongoing deployments as well as new inventory from ongoing new construction; as of 29 July there are some 5 % vacancies in rentals
being reported from the area's largest apartment complexes. Go to the Fort Drum Housing website for more information and links
to resources. There are some 600 new market rental housing units in various stages of construction being delivered now and
throughout the summer and fall. Two new housing complexes in the Town of Watertown are now open and one in Sackets Harbor is
due to open by 1 August. Three others, in Watertown, Town of Pamelia and Town of LeRay will be opening later this fall and early in
• COMMUNITY HOUSING OFFICE CAN HELP: The Army Community Housing Office at Clark Hall (Rm A2-54) is always available to
assist Soldiers with any off-post housing issues to include landlord-tenanct disputes. Stop in or call 772-6883/772-9397 to speak to a
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.drum.army.mil/PublicWorks/Pages/Housing.aspx
Click the hyperlinks Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
17. INTRAMURAL SPORTS PROGRAM BRANDON DOHERTY, 315-772-6663
• SOFTBALL, BASKTBALL AND FLAG FOOTBALL TOURNAMENTS: Softball Tournament will be conducted 7 September on the
Magrath Softball fields. Basketball Tournament will be conducted 16-20 September at Magrath Sports Complex. Flag Football
Tournament will be conducted 23-27 September on Monti fields. Open to active duty military assigned/attached to Fort Drum,
Family members, retirees, reservists, and DoD civilians employed on Fort Drum. Register your teams with the Intramural Sports
Office at Magrath Sports Complex.
August 2013 CLIF Notes 6
• INDIVIDUAL BOWLING TOURNAMENT: Individual Bowling Tournament will be conducted 21 September at 4:00 pm at the Pine
Plains Bowling Center. Individuals will bowl three games with handicap. Event is Free. Open to active duty military
assigned/attached to Fort Drum, Family members, retirees, reservists, and DoD civilians employed on Fort Drum.
• GOLF TOURNAMENT: Golf Tournament will be conducted 14 September at 8:00 am at Willowbrook Golf Club, Route 37,
Watertown. Teams will consist of two person and is Captain & Crew (Best Ball). Cost is $30 for 18-holes of golf, cart and prizes.
Open to active duty military assigned/attached to Fort Drum, Family members, retirees, reservists, and DoD civilians employed on
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com
Click the hyperlinks Diane.firstname.lastname@example.org
18. MAGRATH SPORTS COMPLEX ALLEN JANSSEN, 315-772-9670
• SWIMMING LESSONS AT MAGRATH: Swimming lessons Monday thru Friday 9:00 am-1:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am-
• ALL MALE SELF-DEFENSE COURSES: Self-defense course will start mid-August, need 50 participants to conduct a class if interested
please sign up at Magrath Sports Complex front counter or call. The classes will be conducted 7:00 am -8:00 am at the Magrath.
• ALTERNATE APFT EVENT: Magrath Sports Complex provides stationary bike for the alternate APFT, there is only one certified bike
on Fort Drum so please contact front counter for reservations.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: http://www.drummwr.com/MagrathSportsComplex.htm
Click the hyperlinks Email: email@example.com
19. McEWEN LIBRARY ALLEN GOUDIE, 315-772-9099
• STORY TIME: 10:00 am on Tuesdays and Fridays starting on 6 September.
• WI-FI AT THE LIBRARY: Library now has Wi-Fi. Ask at circulation desk for log on information.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.drummwr.com/library.htm
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-C-McEwen Library/269047099442
Online Card Catalog: http://mylibraryus.armybiznet.com/search~S24
Blackberry or iPhone Access: www.mylibraryusmobile.fmwr.net/
20. MEDDAC COL MATTNER, 315-772-4024
• WELCOME: Please join us in welcoming our new CDR, COL Matthew Mattner and his family to the MEDDAC and Fort Drum.
• ARMY PROVIDER LEVEL SATISFACTION SURVEY: Army Provider Level Satisfaction Survey aka APLSS (pronounced APPLES)
provides you with the ability to use your voice to help your MEDDAC meet or exceed your health care needs. Each survey returned
could bring $500 back to the facility to help us improve your service. Surveys are received in the mail to randomly chosen patients
within 3-5 days after their doctor’s visit. Please remember to keep your demographic information updated with us so that your
voice can be heard.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.drum.amedd.army.mil
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/US-Army-Medical-Department-Activity-Fort-Drum-
August 2013 CLIF Notes 7
21. MONTI PHYSICAL FITNESS FACILITY TERRY BUCKLEY, 315-772-4806
• SWIMMING LESSONS AT MONTI: Soldier Swim Lessons, Tuesday 12:00 pm – 12: 30 pm, Beginner and Non Swimmers,
WEDNESDAY 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm. Lessons are first come, first serve and are limited to 5 participants. No reservations will be taken,
except for the day of the lesson by stopping at the pool desk or calling 772-4807.
• AEROBICS/WORKOUT CLASSES ARE BACK – Stop by for the monthly schedule or check on line on our FACEBOOK page; MONTI
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.drummwr.com/PhysicalFitnessCenters.htm
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monti-Physical-Fitness-Center/175507862493965
22. OFF THE BEATIN' PATH GIFTS (OTBP) KIM HOLT, 315-774-0253
• POLISH POTTERY: We have Fort Drum Polish Pottery plates available, $45 and Fort Drum Polish Pottery Houses $10.25
• OTBP AT RETIREE APPRECIATION DAY: We will be set up at the Retiree Appreciation Day, 25 September,MPA
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/otbpgifts
Click the hyperlinks Email: OTBPGiftshop@gmail.com
23. PARENT TO PARENT (PtoP) ALISON FISHER, 315 777-44496
• PARENT TO PARENT IS TEAM RETURNS FROM SUMMER BREAK: Book your groups workshop now because our year is filling up
fast. We are now booking for 15 August -June 15, 2014. We now offer several new workshops including Bullying, Internet Safety,
Test Prep and many more. Check out our Facebook page for a full listing of our curriculum. Remember as always our services and
resource material are FREE to use!
• Storytime Events: 10 September, 10:00 a.m. McEwen Library, Fort Drum, “The Impossible Patriotism Project”
24 September , 10:00 a.m. McEwen Library, Fort Drum, “The Very Busy Spider”
27 September, 10:00 a.m. McEwen Library, Fort Drum, “Where the Wild Things Are”
• SAVE THE DATE FOR UPCOMING TELL ME A STORY AND CELEBTRITY READER EVENTS: Fort Drum Parent to Parent’s Fall Tell Me a
Story. Click Clack Moo will be held on Saturday, 26 October, 2:00 p.m. at The Commons. This is a FREE event each family will receive
a copy of the book. Registration will begin 1 September. Celebrity Reader is also back this year the first Tuesday of each month
beginning 8 October. The first 25 families to purchase a buffet at Family night receive a copy of that evenings book. All are welcome
to participate in story and craft time hosted by our local celebrities. Check out our Facebook page for more details coming soon!.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: http://www.militarychild.org/parents-and-students/programs/parent-to-parent/
Click the hyperlinks Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
24. PARKS & RECREATION EUGENE SPENCER, 315-772-6568
• BOW HUNTERS EDUCATION CLASS: will be held on 7 September from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This class will go over the rules and
regulation pertaining to New York State Bow Hunting. Please call 315-772-4010 for additional information. Bow Hunters Safety Class
• FORT DRUM HIKING CLUB: will be going on a overnight hiking adventure on 13-15September. We will be hiking Mount Marcy for
this trip. For additional information please call 315-772-5169 . Mount Marcy Hike Flier
• SEAWAY WINE TASTING TRIP: will be on 15 September. We will be departing Fort Drum Outdoor Recreation at 8:30 am for our
first of four winery tours. A Brunch Buffet will be served at the first winery which is included in the price. After this tour we will
proceeded to another three winery’s for a day full of wine tasting! The trip price includes transportation, entry into each winery, and
breakfast buffet. You must sign up for this trip before 2 September. You must be 21 years old or older to attend this trip!! Seaway
Wine Tasting Flier
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Drum-Recreation/546416075378830?ref=hl
Click the hyperlinks Website: www.drummwr.com/ParksandRecreation.htm
August 2013 CLIF Notes 8
25. USO - FORT DRUM KAREN CLARK, 315-774-0356
• INTERESTED IN BECOMING A USO FORT DRUM VOLUNTEER? Log onto www.usovolunteer.org to register. New Volunteer
Orientation dates will be posted on our Facebook page. Questions? Contact Molly Manning, Volunteer Coordinator, at
• COMING SEPT 7: Arts & Craft Classes for Adults and Children. September’s class will focus on back to school crafts for the
children, and portrait drawing for adults. https://www.facebook.com/events/587075717991432/. Please email
email@example.com to reserve your spots for the upcoming Arts & Crafts classes. Please view our FB page for up-to-date
info and deadlines or email us.
• USO STRONGER FAMILIES/OXYGEN WORKSHIP IS TENATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR SEPT 24 & 25: The USO/Oxygen program
helps wounded, ill or injured couples strengthen their relationship - working on tough issues in a fun and nonthreatening
environment. Couples learn to improve their communication, better understand each other’s needs, resolve conflict,
rekindle romance and find renewed hope. For more information, contact Carrie Tate-Meyer, Programs Manager at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or 315-777-8006.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Facebook: www.facebook.com/USOFortDrum
Click the hyperlinks Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
26. VETERINARY SERVICES CPT DAVID MARQUEZ, 315-772-4278
• PET TRAVEL: Pets are required to have a veterinary exam before airline travel, including flights within the U.S. International
destinations have additional requirements, some of which must be initiated 3-6 months before travel. Please contact us (or stop by)
for details as soon as you find out about upcoming OCONUS travel.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com
Click the hyperlinks
27. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT FUND (VSF) KARYN MINTZ, 315-646-7080
• BOARD MEMBERS OPPORTUNITIES: Are you interested in being on the board for VSF next year? Contact VSF at the email below.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerSupportFund
OPEN Every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9:30-2:00
Taking Consignments Daily 9:30-12:15. We accept DONATIONS 24hrs a Day in
our NEW DONATION SHED located by the stores Main entrance. (Tax Receipts
are available for donations) For more information visit us on Facebook or the Web.
The Thrift Shop is a 501(C)3 non-profit private organization charity that relies on donations and profits from
consignment sales to fulfill our mission of providing welfare grants to local organizations within our
Fort Drum Army Career and Alumni Program
Career & Educational Research
Resumes Civilian & Federal
Small Business & Education Seminars
Interview Tips & Techniques
(315) 772-3434/3286 www.facebook.com/DrumACAP www.acap.army.mil
GET TO KNOW
To find out these answers and more, call the American Red Cross office to
request a "Get to Know Us" brief for your next FRG meeting!
Phone: 772-6561 or email: Drum@redcross.org
Protestant Gospel Service
Po Valley Chapel
Come as you are to a service that is
Christ centered and biblically
POC CH (MAJ) Primitivo Davis
Agape Café Chapel Service
Contemporary Protestant Service
Saturdays 1800-1900 with fellowship following from 1900-2000
P4405 Po Valley Road
Family Life & Spiritual Fitness Center (Po Valley Chapel)
We also offer:
Agape Teens: a safe, fun and welcoming ministry with the purpose of buildin
relationships. Saturdays 1800-2000.
Agape Kids: a worship service just for kids where we learn about God’s agap
love. Saturdays from 1745-1900
Watch care: loving arms, ready to care for your little ones while you attend
Watch for our new chapel service ~ Chapel Next coming soon!
Ft. Drum Liturgical Protestant
Riva Ridge Chapel
A service of Biblical
Preaching & Communion
Serving those from Liturgical Traditions: Anglican, Episcopal, Lutheran, Presbyterian,
Methodist, and others
Weekly communion, children's church, fellowship
For more information contact PW Environmental Educator, Heather
Wagner, 315-772-9323 or at email@example.com.
check us out on Facebook at
& coming soon:
Fort Drum BOSS Centers:
T-2190 Nash Blvd
Jack T Sweet BOSS Center
P-10207 North Riva Ridge
Volunteer Support Fund
American Red Cross
Army Volunteer Corps
Child and Youth Services
Off the Beatin’ Path Gift Shop
USO Fort Drum
North Country Spouses’ Club
Volunteer Support Fund
*VSF supports non-profit organizations
and non-appropriated funded
The Voucher System
Volunteers obtain a signed voucher
from the organization at the end of
their volunteer time each shift they
If using Memorial Hourly Care,
volunteers submit completed/signed
vouchers to Memorial when picking
up child(ren). Volunteers are not
responsible for payment for
If using off-post Preschool/Home
Child Care, volunteers submit
completed/signed vouchers to care
provider for their signature.
Volunteers then submit the
completed voucher back to the
organization. A check will be sent
directly to the volunteer.
• VSF will reimburse up to $150
per month per volunteer
• VSF will reimburse up to $4
per hour per child (current
• Volunteers must be
approved/registered on VMIS
• 15 minute travel time to and
from (total of 30 minutes)
automatically added to shift
• Home Care givers must be at
least 13 years old and not a
member of volunteer’s
• Vouchers must be submitted
to VSF before the end of the
Sunday Morning 0915-1030
Family Life and Spiritual Fitness
(Po Valley Chapel)
Contemporary Worship blended
with traditional style preaching
and lot’s of family style
All are welcome
Who Can Join: Any woman of any age!
What is PWOC: A congregation of women who come together for
Bible study, worship, and fellowship. We offer numerous studies
to choose from!
When is it: Every Tuesday at 9:30am
Where: Religious Education Building 427A 4th St W, Fort Drum.
Why Join: We love building relationships, and celebrating our
love of our Lord together as we learn and grow as women of
Please contact President Judy West with any questions at
Protestant women of the Chapel
$30 per day for Paintball
Package which includes
marker, mask, hopper, and all
are $300 for the
Large and $150 for
Cases of paintballs are
available for $40 per
case which includes
We have a Woodsball Course
and a Speedball Course
contact Parks &
Recreation Staff at
Catholic Women of the Chapel
Please join us as we meet to pray the
rosary, read God’s Word, and be inspired
by special guest speakers.
We meet on Wednesdays from 0930 to
1130. Watch care is provided with prior
For reservations or information
POC Nicole Lockhart
Post 9/11 GI Bill Additional Duty Service
Obligation (ADSO) Policy Change
On 1 August 2013, the graduated ADSO for
Soldiers with 17 years or more of Creditable
Service will end, and ……..
Fort Drum BOSS Centers:
T-2190 Nash Blvd
Jack T Sweet BOSS Center
P-10207 North Riva Ridge
Myth: Pizza boxes cannot be recycled on Fort Drum.
False: Pizza boxes CAN be recycled on Fort Drum, at work or at
How do you recycle Fort Drum’s favorite take out? Empty the
container. A bit of grease, a bit of cheese, a stray pepperoni—
those are all fine and that pizza box can go in any cardboard
recycling bin, just take out the slices.
PIZZA BOXES : A Recycling Myth Busted
Questions about recycling on Fort Drum, contact PW Environmental
Educator, Heather Wagner, 315-772-9323 or at
or check us out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FortDrumRecycles.