Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
Case Study: Red Hat Inc.
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT) is an S&P 500 company in the free and open source software sector, and a major Linux distribution vendor. Founded in 1993, Red Hat has its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina with satellite offices worldwide. Red Hat has become associated to a large extent with its enterprise operating system Red Hat Enterprise Linux and with the acquisition of open-source enterprise middleware vendor JBoss. Red Hat provides operating-system platforms along with middleware, applications, and management products, as well as support, training, and consulting services.
Red Hat has an extensive array of Social Media properties. There are significant customer/ prospect visits to those sites and a lot of content is consumed. However, there was no accurate measurement of how engaged the customer was in the process, how they felt about the engagement, what they said about the engagement and how these comments compare to what is said about competing brands. KINSHIP digital suggested to Red Hat Australia and New Zealand that their challenge was to understand:
• Where are their customers online?
• What are their customers’ social behaviors online?
• What social information or people do Red Hat customers rely on?
• What is the customers’ social influence, i.e. who do they trust?
• How do Red Hat customers use social technologies in the context of your products?
KINSHIP digital undertook a comprehensive assessment to identify relevant places and spaces occupied by Red Hat customers and looked at what concerns or issues they have with ‘like’ products and services. In order to get a holistic view of Red Hat’s social media situation, KINSHIP digital undertook the same assessment for Red Hat partners, customers and competitors.
• A factual outline of the current Social Media engagement for Red Hat Australia and New Zealand brands, customers, and competitors as outlined above.
• An analysis of those findings and the implications for Red Hat Australia and New Zealand.
• A SWOT analysis of Red Hat Australia and New Zealand social media situation.
• A set of strategic recommendations to further improve the engagement of Australia and New Zealand customers through social media in order to support Red Hat’s business goals.
“The team at KINSHIP digital has helped Red Hat define our social media strategy, planning and executing within a cross functional business strategy. Through a Social Media Assessment KINSHIP digital assisted Red Hat leverage social media for demand generation, improving brand reputation, creating a better customer experience, analyzing market dynamics in near real time.” Stella Kordonis
Red Hat Australia New Zealand
Be the first to like this
Number of Embeds
You have now unlocked unlimited access to 20M+ documents!
Learn faster and smarter from top experts
Download to take your learnings offline and on the go
You also get free access to Scribd!
Instant access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts and more.
Read and listen offline with any device.
Free access to premium services like Tuneln, Mubi and more.