K.VIJAYAKUMAR CV FOR FIELD ENGINEER- PAINTING INSULATION FIREPROOFING04122014
K. VIJAYAKUMAR CV FOR FIELD ENGINEER- PAINTING, INSULATION & FIREPROOFING
26e,Ramanujam Nagar, Cuddalore,India-607002
Mail id; firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
Linkedin id; sg.linkedin.com/pub/kannaiyan/vijayakumar/8a/618/5bb/
D.O.B:10th May 1972
Marital Status; Married
Passport no: K2240380 valid up to; 19/04/2022
I am a Painting and Insulation Engineer having 18+ years
of experience in insulation, painting and piping field. I am holding Diploma in
electrical and electronics engineering, NACE, PDMS, primavera, OPISCS and SSI.
Olefin supervisory certificate etc .
My strength includes delivering specialist insulation/coating projects for all
industries across Singapore and India. Areas of expertise include strong technical
skills with the ability to understand complex technical requirements in order to create
fit-for-purpose solutions; specialist knowledge in cryogenic insulation, heat tracing
insulation, thermal insulation, acoustic insulation ,piping insulation, dual insulation,
PU cast in-situ insulation, cold insulation, spray insulation, HVAC duct insulation,
PFP coating/insulation, pipe line coating ,painting. Wrapping &Coating etc.
I have through knowledge Planning, installation, selection of materials, Corrosion
prevention, protective coating, Cladding, Materials testing, Material certificates, QC
Inspection, Industrial safety standard, Industrial code Etc.
· NACE CIP 1 – June 2014/Certificate No;53443
Industrial Quality Concept (IQC)
· PDMS – MARCH 2014
CADD Centre Training Service
· Course On Prima Vera(P6) –June 2012
CADD Centre Training Services, Cuddalore, INDIA
· Diploma In MS Office – Dec 2003(Grade A)
CSC Computer Education Centre, Cuddalore, INDIA
· Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engg –Oct 1992
State Board Of Technical Education and Training, Chennai, INDIA.
Certificate and Award,
· Shipyard Safety Instruction course – May 2013
Safety Academic Pte Singapore.
· Certificate of Recognition for good leadership and dedication- March2013
Issued by Exxon mobil and MES Singapore
· Oil/Petrochemical Industry Safety Course For Supervisor(OPISCS)-Sep
ITC(Industrial Training Centre) Singapore
· Olefins Supervisory Training - November 2012
Issued By EXXON MOBIL Singapore.
· Certificate for participate Seminar on Construction Safety –Aug 2011
Issued by Karnataka State Safety Institute, Bengaluru, INDIA
· Certification of Appreciation – July 2006
Received From Lloyd Insulations (India) ltd, (Punj Lloyd Group) INDIA
· Certificate of Appreciation.
Received from TANFAC Industries Ltd (Aditya birla group) and NFCL
(Nagarjuna Fertilizer and Chemicals Ltd), Kakinada, INDIA
Dyna-Mac Engineering Services Pte Ltd- Singapore
Role ; Piping Insulation Engineer cum QA/QC Inspector ( May’13 to Jan’14)
SBM- BP QUAD 204 Turret Mooring
SBM- N’GOMA FPSO
Bumiarmada - Claire FPSO
SBM- OSX2 FPSO
SBM - Shell Stone Disconnectable FPSO
SBM - FPSO Cidade de Marica
SBM- FPSO Cidade de Saquarema
SBM- FPSO Cidade de Ilahabela (China)
· Responsible for piping insulation work at all FPSO module.
· Responsible for PFP coating for structural.
· Responsible for preparation of project document
· Member of Risk assessment team.
· Co-ordinate with HSE team, piping fabrication, installation team, QC team
· Responsible for Engineering, , planning, Procurement and inspection services of
all kind of insulation work
· Involved on the conception studies, Basic and Detail Engineering of various
· Solving design and engineering issue.
· Maintained the tracker record for Request for info, Design instruction, Design
· Raising TQ & SVR for design issue and variation in specification
· Organizing hands on training for new work
· Conduct mock-up with vendor/supplier
· Study and understand specification and prepare MOS
· Conduct material inspection
· Liaise with supplier, vendor and sub-contractor
· Review/preparation of insulation Specification and MTO.
· Review ITP/ITR according to specific project requirement.
· Prepare RFI/ AFI and conduct inspection for work completion
Austin Energy (Asia) Pte Ltd – Singapore
Role; Site Engineer (Painting & Insulation) Aug’12 to 28’mar’13
Project Handled- SPT OR Project, Exxon Mobil, Singapore -MES
Lead the painting & cryogenic insulation team to deliver project in order to maximize
customer satisfaction, deliver project on time and within budget, managing the cost,
quality of work done maintained and improve profit margin. Provide regular and
accurate status report for client. Attending co-ordination meeting at site before starting
of work activities and work assigned to supervisor, conduct and monitoring JSA,
interact with client, safety coordinator, QC Engineer, scaffold coordinator and other
contractors, managing the manpower Resources, Prepare Procedure and WMS ,
prepare daily plan, three week look ahead schedule, weekly progress report, daily
progress updation, co-ordination meeting with client, consultant and all other
contractors daily explaining about next day activities and site issues, attending weekly
review meeting, Involvement in inter - disciplinary Squad checking.
Lloyd Insulations (India) Ltd, INDIA
Role;Resident Engineer (Insulation, Painting &Fireproofing)April 2005-May’
Lead the site team to deliver project in order to maximize client satisfaction,
over all responsible for quality inspection, good understanding of
contractual/commercial terms and condition, site co-ordination, attend weekly
safety and construction meeting, quality inspection prepare Scope of work, over
all planning, controlling, monitoring, execution, technical interfaces with other
discipline, vendor and client Enquire quality of work done. sending report to
management. Prepare bar chart, DPR(daily progress report) include scope of
work, material stock statement, progress in detail, manpower deployment etc.
monthly plan, monthly progress report, attending daily site meeting, weekly
review meeting(both work & safety),monthly review meeting etc.
Name of project/site Handled ,
· CPCL-TOYO (chennai petrochemcals ltd) Chennai-Thermal insulation
work at new HGU unit.
· MRPL –JACOBS (mangalore refinery and petrochemical ltd) Phase-III
project- Painting, Thermal insulation, personal protective insulation, steam
tracing insulation and refractory work at CDU/VDU,ATF&LPG Treating unit
reporting to JACOBS consultant.
· MRPL-TECHNIMONT ICB (mangalore refinery and petrochemicals ltd)
phase-lll- Painting, Thermal insulation work and steam tracing insulation
work at CHTU unit reporting to Technimont ICB -Mangalore (Karnataka).
· CPCL – BRIDGE & ROOF (Chennai petrochemicals ltd) Chennai - Thermal
insulation work at CDU/VDU Phase-III report to Bridge and Roof.
· HWP (Heavy water Plant)Thermal insulation work- Annual Shutdown-
Manuguru (Andhra Pradesh)
· NFCL(Nagarjuna fertilizer and chemicals Ltd)- Hot, Cold and Steam Tracing
insulation work during Annual Shutdown- Kakinada (Andhra Pradesh)
· Spectrum power generation unit- turbine spray insulation and thermal
insulation –kakinada , Andhra pradesh
· Chemplast Sanmar –TECHNIP Cuddalore- Thermal insulation and pu cast-in-
situ work at PVC project.
· TANFAC Industies Ltd Cuddalore India -Painting, Thermal insulation, dual
insulation, pu cast-in-situ, steam tracing, supertherm pipe support, rockwool
panel insulation during Annual shutdown, Maintenance, project work.
· Chemplast samar – JACOBS cuddalore - Hot and cold insulation work at
Offshore Plant (jetty) , working under Afcon infrastructure.
Lloyd insulations (India)Ltd, INDIA
Role; Site Engineer (Insulation,Painting&Fireproofing) Oct 1996– Mar 2005
Feasibility Study ,Cost Estimate, prepare the Scope of work, understanding of
commercial and technical terms , responsible for quality inspection, Handling kick of
meeting, site co-ordination, over all planning, controlling, monitoring ,executing and
reporting. Attending weekly, fortnight and monthly meeting with client/ consultant,
prepare weekly/fortnight plan and progress report etc
Name of project/site Handled in India
· TANFAC Industries Ltd –Cuddalore –Hot& cold insulation, dual insulation, puf
sandwitch cold storage, steam Tracing, water proofing, pu cast in-situ etc during
Maintenance, annual shutdown, expansion, project work.
· TPL-Cuddalore -cold insulation work at Propolyne storage Plant.
· Tagros Chemicals & drugs cuddalore –Hot, cold and dual insulation project work-
· Pentafour chemicals –cuddalore- cold insulation and hot insulation with calcium
· SPIC Pharmaceutical Unit cuddalore –Hot and cold insulation work at PEN-G
· JK- Pharmaceutical Unit cuddlore, Hot and cold insulation work at PEN-G project.
· EID Parry(I) Ltd-Sugar Plant-Nellikuppam- Thermal insulation, water proofing
· EID Parry (I) Ltd-Co-Gen Power Plant-Nellikuppam, Thermal insulation and duct
· DLF Turbine spray Insulation & thermal insulation work C/O EID Parry-
· EID Parry(I) Ltd-cuddalore - Hot, cold & dual insulation work at chemical unit
and neemazal unit
· NLC(neyveli lignite corporation)-Thermal insulation work at Thermal power
station –ll Neyveli
· Hindustan uni Lever Limited (HUL)project-podicherry - Hot&cold insulation,
Roof&wall cladding work at Soap Unit.
· Chemfab alkalis, Kalapet Pondicherry- Hot and cold insulation with pu cast in-situ
& puf material.
· SICA breweries -pondicheery - cold insulation with pu cast in situ & puf materials
· Airtel telecom puf sandwitch cold shelter work at cuddalore & pondicherry
Lloyd insulations (India)Ltd, Chennai
Role; Site Supervisor(Apr1995-Sep1996)
Study and understand project specification ,Conduct tool box talk, arrange
materials and tools, execute quality of work, Good understanding of contract
commercial terms and condition, prepare plan, attend co-ordination meeting with
client, taking measurement, reporting to project manager, prepare progress report,
raise R.A bill, follow up bill for payment etc.
Name of Project worked,
· TANFAC Industries Ltd (Aditya birla Group) Cuddalore - Hot and cold insulation
· TANTECH project-Cuddalore- Hot, cold Insulation work
Skills & Strength
· Strong Knowledge On Field all kind of Insulation, painting and piping work
· Specialist in reducing CUI
· Through knowledge of all insulation product and method of application.
· Familiar with Industrial Standards and Code
· Familiar with ITP/ITR/TQR/EQ/SVR/QMS/HSE/AFI/RFI/
· Study & understand project specification and prepare MOS
· Solving complex engineering and design issue.
· Better team leader to interact with other discipline engineers and vendors
· Good lead co-ordinator with vendor / sub-contractor
· Sound knowledge in Industrial safety standard and Quality management systen
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications Word, Excel & PowerPoint
· Commitment to the task assigned, self initiative and having skills to troubleshoot
the problems in effective manner
· Preparation of installation procedure and technical specifications.
Notice period; Immediate