agilebossanova.org | @JuttaEckstein17
Is Trust Cheaper?
– Traditional travel expense procedures are burdensome and
assume people can’t be trusted.
– Such procedures cost more than they save and are
– Pre-survey and audit. Try for three months in a few units
with other units as controls. Post-survey and audit.
agilebossanova.org | @JuttaEckstein18
How can we include customer feedback in each
– Not every decision by the board is in the best interest of the
– If a board checks its proposed decisions before finalizing it,
by asking, “How will our customers be impacted by the
decision?” the quality of its decisions will improve.
– Before formally adopting a proposal, the board meeting
facilitator asks each person on the possible impact for the
customers. If there are any doubts about the positive impact
for the customer, the decision will be improved.
agilebossanova.org | @JuttaEckstein21
Society is demanding that companies, both public
and private, serve a social purpose, …
To prosper over time, every company must not only
deliver financial performance, but also show how it
makes a positive contribution to society.
Larry Fink, Chairman and CEO of BlackRock,
January 2018 open letter to CEOs.
agilebossanova.org | @JuttaEckstein23
It is time for the computing community to face up
to computing’s growing environmental impact
– and take responsibility for it!
Andrew A. Chien, Editor-in-Chief of the CACM
agilebossanova.org | @JuttaEckstein27
“No single entity, (or sector) no matter how large
or powerful, can solve the complex problems in
our current systems.
Rather, the key to our success lies in optimizing
the activities, relationships, and interactions
among all the parts of the system.”
Srik Gopal, & Tiffany Clarke
agilebossanova.org | @JuttaEckstein28
Transparency & Societal Awareness
◼ Collects & publishes research data – also to competitors –
about climate change since the 70’s.
◼ They’re convinced that
– …only transparency allows them to learn from others &
to improve the data.
– …this increases the general societal awareness of
climate change & their own resilience.