Business Agility needs to address the company’s structure, strategy, and processes, all of which depend upon and influence each other. This insight means the simple view that structure follows process follows strategy is wrong; in fact, everything follows everything and in repeated small steps. Thus, the relationship between strategy, structure, and process is complex. The patterns in the relationship can’t be pinned down logically or, in other words, there is no logical entry point. The BOSSA nova approach recommends using probes to make these emergent patterns more visible and to leverage this complexity. (BOSSA nova synthesizes (B)eyond Budgeting, (O)pen (S)pace, (S)ociocracy, and (A)gile.) This presentation provides examples of probing your perspectives on the organigram.
@JuttaEckstein | agilebossanova.org4
◼ Beyond command & control
– Toward a management model that is more empowered and
◼ Separate the 3 budget purposes
– Resource allocation
@JuttaEckstein | agilebossanova.org5
◼ Open Space principles for implementing an innovation
strategy based on:
– Open invitation
– Self-organization through empowerment
– Passion bound by responsibility
– Self-responsiblity for learning & helping others learn
@JuttaEckstein | agilebossanova.org6
– Shared decision-making by consent
– Feedback embedded in the structure: double linking
@JuttaEckstein | agilebossanova.org7
◼ Continuous learning through feedback:
– Rapidly, regularly, and frequently
– On needs, product, technology, process, quality, …
@JuttaEckstein | agilebossanova.org14
Is Trust Cheaper?
– Traditional travel expense procedures are burdensome and
assume people can’t be trusted.
– Such procedures cost more than they save and are
– Pre-survey and audit. Try for three months in a few units
with other units as controls. Post-survey and audit.