Econet Zimbabwe in partnership with JUSTPALM.com launched in February 2015 one of the largest mobile marketing campaigns aimed at helping brands connect with their consumers, engage with them and convert them to shoppers.
How can we leverage the
ubiquitous mobile penetration
in Zimbabwe to catch
towards Unilever brands?
How can we leverage
mobile to stimulate
consumers to engage with
Unilever ads and grow
How can we leverage
mobile to smartly push
consumers to buy Unilever
products and grow sales in
an measurable way?
Sponsor Econet prepaid subscribers’
calls to snatch their attention.
Buddie Free Call, is an open telephone
line sponsored by various brands which allows
Econet prepaid subscribers to call their loved
ones for free provided that they opt-in to listen
and engage with short Ads from
those sponsoring brands.
BUDDIE FREE CALL
HOW DOES THAT WORK?
Every time a Buddie Free Call
subscriber will want to call their loved ones using
this open line service, they will first have to
listen to a pre-selected 20 seconds radio
Ad (with a Call-To-Action) then
after get automatically connected to
talk to their loved ones for 30 seconds free.
Pretty dials on Econet
Charles receives a call from Pretty
and at the end of the call he
automatically gets a SMS:
“You too can call a friend for
free. Dial *154*Friend Number#”
Buddie Free Call Demographic is
Young, ready to try new things, very influential within
their communities and
has a sizeable purchasing power.
55% Male & 45% Female
8% 45% 27% 11% 7% 2%
> University students, newly graduates (18 to 25 yrs.)
> Semi-professionals (26 to 34 yrs.)
> Experienced professionals (35 to 44 yrs.)
BUDDIE FREE CALL ADVERTISING CHANNEL
• Buddie Free Call is a very effective way of delivering advertising to consumers
compared to traditional advertising.
• Buddie Free Call offers the additional benefit of serving Ads only to target
demographics. Hence, ZERO wastage!
• The campaign amplified itself by 2,000% in just less than 14 days.
• This user growth shows a remarkable demand for this service among mobile
COUPON REQUESTS RATE
• 12.3% Coupon Request Rate (or Click-Through-Rate) is one of the highest in the
digital marketing industry and certainly the highest in the Zimbabwe market.
• Any other media (TV, Radio, Print, etc.) have a maximum of 3% Coupon Request
• Consumers understand the mechanic of dialing the USSD string to call their
loved ones (i.e.: *154*Your Friend Number#)
LEARNINGS FROM UNILEVER CAMPAIGN
For Buddie Free Call Media
Booking or general information,
Tel: +27 (0) 10 035 1111
JUSTPALM.com is the Service Provider and exclusive Media Sales Partner
for Econet Buddie Free Call.