What is your thinking?
• If I had to reduce all of educational
philosophy to just one principle, I
would say this: the most important
single factor inﬂuencing learning is
what the learner already knows.
• Know the features and strategies of this
stage of the process
• Explore and use strategies and tools for
this stage of the Inquiry Process
• Identify our next steps in the process
• Explain how to help your students
explore this stage of the process
Tools used in Tuning In
• Exploring some of the possible tools in
• What is thinking? An example of
Socratic Questioning - links can be
provided if you’re interested
• Wordle - online - The Brain
• Promethean Resource Pack - link
Our prior knowledge
• What have we used previously that has
• Reﬂecting on what the Tuning In stage
might look like in each room.
• What links can be made across all
• How do ICTs support the learning?
Where to next?
• Take the unit to the QLC days
• Write all over it, discuss with others,
make any changes
• Share our thoughts as a team
• Meet back together as a staff to tidy up
the unit and use it in class
The Brain Day
• Choose another name??!! (I had to put
• Plan how we want this to go as part of
the Tuning In process.