Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Food Matters Documentary Recommends at Least 51% Raw Food


Published on

  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Food Matters Documentary Recommends at Least 51% Raw Food

  1. 1. Food Matters Recommends 51% Raw Foods for HealthThe documentary sites a study done by a Swiss doctor in the 1930?s, Paul Kouchadoff. Hefound that eating a diet that was at least 51% raw can stop the bodies immune response that istypically triggered by the cooked foods. Cooked foods become denatured (the proteins change)and it “looks” like foreign matterial to the body. According to Dr. Kouchadoff, consuming 51%raw while the other 49% is cooked, can stop this process. Juicing and smoothies are a greatway to get your daily intake of raw food up to 51% like Food Matters movie recommends.Here is an 8 minute clip from the beginning of the Food Matters documentary:Watch the rest of the video on YouTube or on Netflix if you have a subscription.It might not be easy to eat 51% of your diet in raw foods. What if you could juice or makesmoothies to increase your consumption of fresh, uncooked foods? Drinking a smoothie orfreshly prepared juice with every meal could easily up that percentage to over 51%. Drinking araw food smoothie for breakfast is a great way to start your day. Having a fresh juice with yourlunch is easy to add. Drinking a smoothie for a snack can curb your appetite and wake you upfrom your afternoon slump. Drinking a freshly made juice with dinner, or even before dinner canup the percent even more.Adding fresh juice and smoothies is an easy way to add to your raw food consumption.See how easy it can be to add up those raw foods? It really is as easy as just adding fresh juiceor whole foods smoothies made from fresh raw fruits and vegetables. Commercial juices orsmoothies DO NOT count though. Most commercial juices and “smoothie” drinks are 1/4
  2. 2. pasteurized and have added sugar. They are nothing like the original fruits and vegetables theystarted out as. These are not healthy additions to any diet. There may be some exceptions,like the fancier juices that are typically sold in a special refrigerated section of the grocery store. These have a higher nutrition score than the unrefrigerated juices, but still aren’t much better. They have been sitting on the refrigerated shelves for a while. There is a lot of time thatpasses from creation of the juices and when you consume them. During this time, much of thenutrition is degraded. Aside from the lower quality of the juices, cost is another factor. Many ofthese high end juices are very expensive. They can work in a pinch, but freshly preparing yourown juices and smoothies is a much healthier and less expensive way to go.A juicer and a power blender like the Vitamix are two vital appliances for any kitchen. Especiallyif you want to get and stay healthy. Juicing and making healthy green smoothies daily will be aneasy way to get more raw fruits and vegetables into your diet. A regular blender just won’t cutit when it comes to making a “smooth” smoothie instead of a grainy tasting one.These are some of the best picks for juicers and any Vitamix will be great. Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor (about $299) My FAVORITE juicer Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor (about $150) A very good juicer for the price 2/4
  3. 3. Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor (about $59) A Good Value juicerVita-Mix 1300 TurboBlend 4500 (any of the Vitamix products are great.)Aside from just adding juices and smoothies to help up thepercentage of raw foods you eat, you can add other foods.Juicing fresh juice, or creating smoothies may not always be possible during your day. You cantry bringing juice to work, but smoothies may not quite work. For this reason, you can consideradding other raw foods during your work day. Salads for lunch are nice, but watch thedressings. Most commercial dressings are full of unhealthy oils (soybean oil is a big one towatch out for, since almost all soy produced in the United States is genetically modified) thatincrease inflammation in your body. Adding the raw foods it to try to reduce the inflammation inyour body, so watch out for foods that increase it.Other raw foods that make great snacks are:Raw nuts and seeds 3/4
  4. 4. Fresh fruit. (try making a fruit salad by cutting up a bunch of fruits so it is more fun to eat) Fresh vegetables (try adding a dip like hummus or making your own healthy dip out of cottage cheese or Greek yogurt.) Dried fruits (always go organic with these because they are concentrated) (I like to eat raw almonds with organic raisins, YUM!) Check Out My Recent Post on Food Matters Documentary Recommends at Least 51% Raw Food 4/4Powered by TCPDF (