GROUP N°09 PROFESSOR : DRA. ROSA GONZALES LLONTOP STUDENTS: BALLENA RÁZURI, LUIS ANDRÉ. CORONADO VIDARTE, KRISTIAN ALBERT. DÁVILA DÍAZ, JOB JOEL. SALINAS GUTIÉRREZ , CINTHYA MARILIA. SUYÓN DELGADO, MARÍA ALEXANDRA. YONG CADENA, HUGO ALBERTO.
• 2nd leading cause of death• 2nd most common cancer• All women are at risk• Incidence increases with age
The breasts sit on the chest muscles that cover the ribs. Each breast is made of 15 to 20 lobes. Lobes contain many smaller lobules Milk flows from the lobules through thin tubes called ducts to the nipple.The nipple is in the center ofa dark area of skin called theareola
Ductal Carcinoma Originate in ducts that carry milk to nipples.If cancer confined to If moved beyond ductduct = in situ (DCIS) = invasive or infiltrating Usually found on mammogramLobular Carcinoma rare
Breast cancer is always caused by a genetic abnormalityHowever, only 5-10% of cancersare due to an abnormalityinherited from your mother orfather
Gender• Female (1% males)Race• More common in whitesAge• Increases as a woman gets older.Relative• Mother or sister
Menstrual history• Early on set late menopauseChildbirth• First child after the age of 30 or having no children at allObesityDiet• Fat and alcoholLack of physical activity; stress
Radiation ExposureHistory of cancer• Breast, uterus, cervix, ovaryHormones• Estrogens in Hormone replacement therapy and Birth control pills.Genetics• Certain conditions that are inheritated
A persistent Changes in the A newly lump of colour or skin of retracted/invertthickening in the edthe breast or breast,areola or (pulled inarmpit area. nipple(e.g. nipple) dimpling,puckeri ng or scaling)
Blood or A change in the discharge from size or shape of the nipple. the breast.Early breast cancer may not have symptoms.
Obesity Exercise All women areNot having at risk Hormone children Replacement Therapy Breastfeeding Alcohol
A Good Breast Health Plan • Self Awareness (Monthly SelfA Exams) (BSE) • Clinical Breast Examination (CBE)B • MammogramsC
• Average-size lump found by woman practicing occasional breast self-exam• Average-size lump found by woman practicing regular breast self-exam (BSE)• Average-size lump found by first mammogram• Average-size lump found by getting regular mammograms z i r
• Opportunity for woman to become familiar with herA breasts • Monthly exam of the breastsB and underarm area) • May discover any changes early • Begin at age 20, continueC monthly
• Menstruating women- 5 to 7 days after the beginning of theirA period • Menopausal women - sameB date each month • Pregnant women –same dateC each month • Takes about 10 minutesD • Perform BSE at leastE • once a month • Examine all breast tissueF
• Lie down and use • Look at your your hand to breasts while examine your left standing in front of breast a mirror with your hands on your hips• Squeeze the nipple • Raise one arm, of each breast then the other , so gently between you can check your thumb and under your arms index finger for lumps
Fear Embarrassment Youth Lack of knowledgeToo busy, forgetfulness
Performed by doctor or trained nurse practitioner Annually for women over 40yrs Clinical BreastExamination At least every 3 years for women between 20 and 40 yrs More frequent examination for high risk patients
Data mixed on usefulness for patients 40-49 X-ray of the Normal breast mammogram does not rule outHas been shown possibility ofto save lives in cancer patients 50-69 completely
Women (asymptomatic) 40 should have a years of age and older MAMMOGRAM every year
Radiation Therapy As a adjunct to surgery depending on stage of cancerHormonal ChemotherapyTherapy
Touching the breasts too oftenwill lead to cancerTalking about cancer causescancerUsing illegal drugs causescancerHerbs cure breast cancer(uña de gato/cat’s claw)
A bruise on the breast will lead to breastcancer.If an incision is made during breast cancersurgery,the cancer will spread.Getting too many mammograms leads tobreast cancer.Mammograms are only used to evaluatebreast lumps.
Breast cancer only affects older womenIf you have a risk factor for breastcancer, youre likely to get the diseaseUsing antiperspirants causes breastcancer.A breast cancer diagnosis is anautomatic death sentence.Breast cancer is preventable