Industrial park in Michigan built byPhoenix Designs that is madealmost entirely from recycledmaterials.
This helps – as native trees, grasses,and flowers, and the landscapingdesign will act as climate shelter forthe facility.They are using from one plantto anotherSteam connections from firmsprovide heating for homes inthat area
• Using renewable energy such as wind and solar power.• Creating more efficient water flows.
• It is a process of growing and distributing food, as well as raising animals, in and around a city.• This method of food cultivation saves energy in food transportation and saves costs.
To make it successful - citiesmust allot a common area forcommunity gardens or farms.
• As well as a common area for a farmers market in which the foodstuffs grown within the city which can be sold to the residents of the urban system.
• Walk able urbanism is a development strategy in opposition to suburban sprawl.• It is known as the Charter of New Urbanism.
• It advocates housing for a diverse population, a full mix of uses,• Integrated civic and commercial centers and walk able streets• Accessible open space• Positive public space.
• LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is an internationally recognized green building certification system.• In order for a building to become LEED, certified sustainability needs to be prioritized in design construction and use.
Its Recognition includes:• Sustainable sites• Water efficiency• Energy & atmosphere• Materials & resources• Indoor environmental quality• Locations & linkages• Awareness & education• Innovation in design
Sustainable transportationattempts to reduce a use ofgreenhouse emitting gases by:• Eco friendly urban planning, low environmental impact vehicles, to create an urban center that has greater environmental responsibility and social equity.
• Currently, transportation systems account for nearly a quarter of the world’s energy consumption and carbon dioxide emission.• So there are two major solution for this problem to make a city healthy and productive.
• This requires cities be built at landmark density so that destinations are reached.• This reduces time in transit, reduces fuel expenditure & also opts for other alternative transports like walk.
• Implementing sustainable transportation must include access to transportation by all levels of society.• For this we need to make public transportation more accessible and cheap.
• By this economic and social conditions are developed.
• There is a private organization in all over the world in helping cities by giving guidelines of strategic planning.• This org. is United Cities
• The advantages of urban strategic planning include, that it places environmental issues as the priority for the sustainable development of the city and serves as a platform to develop concepts and new models of housing, energy, and mobility.
City of Melbourne.Over the past 10years, various methods ofimproving public transporthave been implemented; carfree zones and entire streetshave also been implemented.
Canada• Calgary, Alberta was ranked as the top eco-city in the world in 2010 for its, "excellent level of service on waste removal, sewage systems, and water drinkability and availability, coupled with relatively low air pollution.”
China• China is working with investment and technology supplied by the Singapore government to build an eco-city in the Coastal New District of Tianjin City in northern China, named the "Sino- Singapore Tianjin Eco-city.”
EstoniaOxford Residences for fourseasons in Estonia, indevelopment by the OxfordSustainable Group, winning aprize for Sustainable Companyof the Year, is arguably one ofthe most advanced sustainabledevelopments, not only trying
• already carbon negative and considering factors such as economic, financial, social development of the surroundings, environmental, food, energy, government policy, local residents, education, in fact more than most other
GermanyNo other country has built more eco-city projects than Germany. Freiburg in Breisgau is often referred to as a green city. It is one of the few cities with a Green mayor and is known for its strong solar energy industry. Vauban, Freiburg is a sustainable model district.
• All houses are built to a low energy consumption standard and the whole district is designed to be car free. Another green district in Freiburg is Rieselfeld, where houses generate more energy than they consume.
• There are several other greensustainable city projects suchas Kronsberg in Hannover andcurrent developments aroundMunich.
KenyaHacienda (Mombasa, Kenya) is the largest development of eco- friendly residential properties in East Africa; construction is currently ongoing, and it will eventually be one of Africa’s first self-sustaining estates.
KoreaSongdo IBD (International Business District) is a planned city in Korea, which has incorporated a number of eco-friendly features.
Korea• These include a central park, irrigated with seawater, a subway line, bicycle lanes, rainwater catchment systems, pneumatic waste collection system - 75% of the waste generated by the construction of the city will be recycled.
United Kingdom• London Borough of Sutton is the first One Planet Region in the United Kingdom, with significant targets for reducing the ecological footprint of residents and creating the UKs greenest borough.• Middlesbrough is another One Planet Region in the United Kingdom.