Creative Thinking Skills
The Game Tournament
Bob The Blower
-To understand, improve, elaborate and refine the chosen game
through creative tools and techniques to suit the tournament -
Legend of The Blower (LOTB)
Peh Ker Neng
Khor Seem Leng
Lee Jo Yee
INITIAL GAME: BOB THE BLOWER
ADMENDMENTS: NEW GAME
GAME NAME: Bob the Blower
Game map, Drinking Straws, Crumpled Papers, A deck of Game Card
GAME CONCEPT: As the game name has stated, you are a Builder. You build
things. The crumpled papers are your houses. The drinking straws are your tools.
This is a game consists of a game map and 2 straws for 2 players ( increase the
number of straws according to the number of players, maximum 4 players).
GAME AIM: Build your houses in the city, not the rural area! GAME INSTRUCTIONS:
Blow the crumpled papers using the drinking straws to the center of the map,
normally the areas nearer to the center of the map represents the city contain a
higher scores whereas the surrounded areas contain a lower scores. The number
1. Player A and B each has a drinking straw and five crumpled papers (with
different colors) with them. Player A started by picking one card from the
shuffled deck of cards.
2. For instance, the number shown is 2, which means Players A can only blow
the crumpled papers twice, from any direction and regardless how long one try
3. After player A finishes his 2 moves, it is player B turns to draw another card and
again according the number, then blow the crumpled papers.
4. The game goes on until there is no card left.
5. The scores is calculated based on where are those crumpled papers finally
ends in the last round. The player with the most score wins.
The game tournaments that consists of 15 small units' games. Each unit game
must be modified so that it could be played by 2 to 3 teams of players at one
time. Each team consists of 3 players.
The game has to be played by all members in a team.
The game has to be played by 2 to 3 teams.
The game has to be fun, exciting and not losing the identity - drinking straws.
The game has to be fit in the tournament so that it is flowed smoothly.
The game has to be played in 10 minutes including the explanation or briefing.
GAME NAME: Fisher The Blower
PLAYERS: 2 - 3 teams. Each team consists of 3 players.
DURATION: 2 minute of briefing and explanation + 6 minutes playing (2 minutes
for each round) + 1 minutes for results announcing + 1 extra minutes
CONCEPT: The game is amended into a more team playing version. Every
player is a fisherman. The map is a deep sea full with fishes. Every player is given
a straw act as a tool to blow into the goal.
For 2 teams
1. Each team choose a player as the blower, one collecting the balls and the
other one keep putting a new ping pong ball.
2. As you can see in the map, team A's blower has to blow the ping pong balls
(fishes) into the their team A's goal.
3. In each round there is 1 minute. In this 1 minute, blow (catches) as much ping
pong balls (fishes) as you can. 1 ping pong ball equal to 1 mark.
4. There will be 3 rounds which means everyone in the team gets to be the
blower and contributing marks to their total scores.
For 3 teams
Team A has to blow the
ball to their goal which is
opposite to where they
This is where
5. The final scores is added up and the highest score team will get 5 marks,
second will get 3 marks and the least one will get 1 mark.
We have made a video on how the game is played. It is a 3 minutes
instructional video and has been uploaded on YouTube: