Prepared by: (Zahid Usman)
JMC – Islamabad Base Office
06 March 2014
GPS & Geo-Fencing
Action Items and Q1 Safety Meeting Schedule
• No action-item from the last safety meeting
• Next safety meeting on 13th March’2014 Haroon Habib
What is GPS?
• GPS stands for the Global Positioning System. It refers to
a system of satellites and receivers that allow people
and devices to pinpoint their precise location on the
Earth. The heart of the system relies on 24 satellites
that orbit the planet twice per day.
• The first GPS satellite was launched in 1974 and the 24th
was launched in 1994. the system is operated by the
United States Department of Defense and its use is free
• One of the important feature of GPS Tracking software
using GPS Tracking devices in geo-fencing and its ability
to help keep track of assets. Geo-fencing allows users of
a GPS Tracking Solution to draw zones (i. e. a Geo
Fence) around places of work, customer’s sites and
What is Geo-Fencing?
• A Geo Fence is a virtual perimeter on a geographic area
using a location-based service, so that when the geo
fencing device enters or exits the area, a notification is
generated. The notification can contain information
about the location of the device and might be sent to a
mobile telephone or an email account.
• For geo-fencing, we used Polygonal geo-fencing method
where a polygon is drawn around the route or area.
Using this method, GPS Tracking devices can be tracked
either inside or outside of the polygon.
• When we run and enter
latitude and longitude
outside the polygon,
then a message shows
point not found in the
route and otherwise it
shows point found in the
Determining a Point
• Using the GPS tracking technology
to locate your children from any PC
or Smart Phone for safety can raise
a wide range of alerts when the
child enters or leaves a predefined
area such as school or home. It’s
mostly used in developed
• Ankle and Wrist Bracelet
GPS tracker for prisoners