Interdisciplinary approach to violence
persons with disability:
philosophical analysis of the gestalt
Information Sciences Dept.
for every finite set of
points exists an
unfinite set of curves
that contains them
any set of data may
be explained by
infinite number of
● Philosophy as conceptual engineering
● Psychologism – reduction of social to
● Analogue to polar coordinate system
● Two-way transfer psychotherapy-philosophy
● Mapping violence against persons with
disabilities using gestalt-psychotherapy
● Gestalt is an organized field of data.
● Foreground is determined by dominant need with
which the organism is dealing.
● Organism is the totality of the person.
● Contact cycle – explanatory model of normal and
pathological experience and behavior.
● Authenticity and I-Thou relationship
Transfers into GPT
● Kurt Goldstein – gestalt psychology (!)
● figure / background
● Kurt Lewin's field theory
● Wilhelm Reich
● Freud, Adler, Jung (duality)
● Jan Smuth
● holistic understanding of organism; eating
● Jacob Moreno's psychodrama
● Zen budhism
● Martin Buber – I/Thou relationship
● Contact cycle – pathology and behavior
● Rage – masking emotion
● Experiencing violence – duality – either victim or
● The roots of violence: subject or constelation?
● Persons with disabilities – a different kind of