JOSHUA DAVIDSON P.O. Box 590034
Newton Centre, MA 02459
Desire a strategic position to apply my demonstrated superior corporate writing, editorial, and
publications expertise to stimulate organization-wide pursuit of enterprise objectives.
• Creative, professional, informed, strategic-minded producer of distinguished corporate
communications, branding, culture and executive programs.
• Communications staff experience at General Motors, IBM, DaimlerChrysler, AAA.
• Recognized writing talent, editorial skill, publications expertise, and marketing savvy.
• Esteem of notable executives and academics for thought contributions and spirit of initiative.
Skills and Experience
• Strategic writing: Primary collaborator in the development of senior management speeches,
collateral, articles, events, etc.; Event scripting, marketing copy, newsletter copy, etc.
• Strategic publications: Editor/producer of General Motors annual report, Chrysler Fund Report
to the Community (IABC International Gold Quill award).
• Strategic program management: IBM EoN internal marketing launch; DaimlerChrysler product
technology media relations; executive outreach strategy and event support.
• Trade publishing: Reference manuscript acquisition, editing and promotion; publisher of new
media products; IP contracts, content development, publications production and manufacturing.
12/06-Current: Publisher of audiobook edition of Alfred Sloan’s My Years with General Motors:
Co-author of Life of William G. Ramsay (working title) with Prof. Alfred D. Chandler.
11/03-12/06: Bentley Publishers; Acquisitions Editor: Acquire book-length texts to meet strategic
publishing goals. Negotiate intellectual property contract agreements. Develop manuscripts for
publication. Guide book design and production. Execute marketing program.
5/02-11/03: Auto Club Group (AAA); Executive Communications Manager: Produced CEO
communications for a six-state, 4+ million member non-profit member organization.
9/00-9/01: General Motors Corporation; Manager, Leadership Communications and Corporate
Publications: Produced the GM 2000 Annual Report. Produced speeches and collateral for GM senior
executives. Developed strategic executive communications plan.
10/99-9/00: IBM Corporation; Program Manager, Executive Communications: Produced speeches
and collateral for senior executives. Executed integrated internal program for emerging technologies.
5/97-10/99: DaimlerChrysler Corporation; Project Manager, Product Technology
Communications: Developed and managed media programs, placements and inquiries on engineering,
product development, etc. for DaimlerChrysler corporate and brands.
6/94-8/96: Bentley Publishers; Associate Editor: Editorial, production, and manufacturing
subordinate responsibility for new titles and primary responsibility for 50-title backlist.
University of Michigan (MFA; Colby Fellow)
Emerson College, Boston, MA (BFA; PBK)
Married to Karen, daughters Daisy (9) and Portia (7). Live in Newton, MA.
• Equations of Motion: (2006 by Bentley Publishers) Edited broadly acclaimed 696-page memoir by
96 year-old aviation, automotive and motorsports pioneer.
• GM 2000 Annual Report: Wrote and produced entire report (print and electronic versions)
distributed to 1.3 million shareholders and stakeholders.
• IBM EoN internal marketing campaign: Produced integrated internal program for emerging
technologies including strategy, messaging, collateral and events.
• Chrysler Report to the Community: Wrote and produced 32-page publication highlighting
Chrysler Fund support for non-profit and civic organizations.
• Chrysler brand 75th Anniversary: Wrote and produced multimedia press kit celebrating key
milestone in American industrial history.
• University of Michigan School of Dentistry Community Outreach website: Wrote and helped
produce website for pioneering service learning program.
• Graduate Student Instructor, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. Primary instructor of
two sections of English Composition; Teaching assistant for advanced film classes
• 1999 IABC International Gold Quill (Chrysler Corp. Fund Report)
• 1998 Hopwood/Newman Prize; University of Michigan
• 1998 DADA NAIAS Short Story Contest ($1000); Detroit, MI
• 1995 Ian St. James Awards Grand Prize; London, England
• 1994 EVVY Award: Best Creative Writing; Emerson College, Boston, MA
• 1993 EVVY Award: Best Creative Writing; Emerson College, Boston, MA
• Dean’s Award of Distinction/Haig der Marderosian Award for Best Essay on Political
Communication; Emerson College, Boston, MA
• Dean’s Award of Distinction/Noel Peyrouten Award for Best Creative Writing;
Emerson College, Boston, MA