5. Search and Discovery5
Search and Discovery
1. Smart search your way to
2. Interactive search adds value.
3. Collections as a one-stop
6. Search and Discovery
• Precise, efficient, smart:
– By article, author, collection, featured content,
journal, or publisher.
– 20 filters: preprints, publication date range,
and Open Access.
– 6 sort options: Altmetric score, citations, read
count, and average rating.
Search and Discovery6
8. Interactive Search
• Recommend your favourite articles.
• Share on social media.
• Download citation information.
• Bookmark important articles.
• Save your search, save your time.
• Comment to share your expertise.
9. Article Collections
• Currently more than 200 collections!
• Thematic groups of expertly-managed
research articles as community resources.
• Each gets a CrossRef DOI.
• Editors write editorials and add comments.
• Editors invite peer review for articles.
11. Collection Statistics
• Summary collection statistics:
– Article views, total Altmetric score, number of
peer reviews, recommendations, social media
shares, and collection followers.
– Nodes of contextual information (e.g. journals,
authors, articles, citations, references).
– Dynamic display for article views, social
shares, and interactions through time.
14. Author Statistics
• Quantifying your context:
– Total number of publications.
– Total number of different journals published in.
– How many co-authors you’ve published with.
– How many articles you’ve referenced.
– How many articles in our database have cited
17. Post-Publication Peer Review
• 36 million article records and counting.
• Each one can be publicly peer reviewed.
• Users can invite anyone to review by email
or an internal invitation.
• Each review gets a CrossRef DOI and CC
BY license for reusability.
• 4-tier 5 star-rating system.
Post-Publication Peer Review17
19. Author Summaries
• By writing non-specialist summaries,
researchers gain 3 major things:
– The ability to communicate with a different
audience than your immediate research field.
– Increasing accessibility to your research at the
point of discovery.
– The skill of a new style of writing.
21. Other Cool Features
• Addition of disciplines, keywords, and
images to article records.
• Extract 200 citations at a time directly to
your reference manager.
• Bulk DOI upload directly into citation
network or into collections.
• Cross-disciplinary and global network.
Other Cool Features21
23. ScienceOpen - Summary23
We are your platform for:
• Enhanced discovery and visibility.
• Increased research usage and impact.
• Managing your digital profile.
25. Further Reading
• Getting started at ScienceOpen
• Increase your research impact
• ScienceOpen metrics
• MyScienceOpen networking platform
• Peer review at ScienceOpen
• ORCID integration
• Enhanced article impact
• ScienceOpen membership
• Editorial control and peer review