ScienceOpen for Researchers1
ScienceOpen for Researchers
What do researchers want?
• Greater readership and citations.
• To make research more efficient.
• A way to track their impact.
• No platform fees.
ScienceOpen is your
Research Impact Platform!
Research in Context3
Put your research in context on
ScienceOpen for greater visibility:
36 Million research article records
25 Million authors
25 Thousand journals
i. Register via ORCID.
ii. Dashboard –> refresh profile.
iii. Wait a few minutes..
iv. All your research articles are
now integrated and verified!
Search and Discovery5
Search and Discovery
1. Smart search your way to
2. Interactive search adds value.
3. Collections as a one-stop
Search and Discovery
• Precise, efficient, smart:
– By article, author, collection, featured content,
journal, or publisher.
– 20 filters: preprints, publication date range,
and Open Access.
– 6 sort options: Altmetric score, citations, read
count, and average rating.
Search and Discovery6
• Recommend your favourite articles.
• Share on social media.
• Download citation information.
• Bookmark important articles.
• Save your search, save your time.
• Comment to share your expertise.
• Currently more than 200 collections!
• Thematic groups of expertly-managed
research articles as community resources.
• Each gets a CrossRef DOI.
• Editors write editorials and add comments.
• Editors invite peer review for articles.
Automatically-updating Open Access Super Collection on Climate Change.
• Summary collection statistics:
– Article views, total Altmetric score, number of
peer reviews, recommendations, social media
shares, and collection followers.
– Nodes of contextual information (e.g. journals,
authors, articles, citations, references).
– Dynamic display for article views, social
shares, and interactions through time.
• Quantifying your context:
– Total number of publications.
– Total number of different journals published in.
– How many co-authors you’ve published with.
– How many articles you’ve referenced.
– How many articles in our database have cited
Post-Publication Peer Review
• 36 million article records and counting.
• Each one can be publicly peer reviewed.
• Users can invite anyone to review by email
or an internal invitation.
• Each review gets a CrossRef DOI and CC
BY license for reusability.
• 4-tier 5 star-rating system.
Post-Publication Peer Review17
• By writing non-specialist summaries,
researchers gain 3 major things:
– The ability to communicate with a different
audience than your immediate research field.
– Increasing accessibility to your research at the
point of discovery.
– The skill of a new style of writing.
Other Cool Features
• Addition of disciplines, keywords, and
images to article records.
• Extract 200 citations at a time directly to
your reference manager.
• Bulk DOI upload directly into citation
network or into collections.
• Cross-disciplinary and global network.
Other Cool Features21
rocket ship for your
research to take
ScienceOpen - Summary23
We are your platform for:
• Enhanced discovery and visibility.
• Increased research usage and impact.
• Managing your digital profile.
• Getting started at ScienceOpen
• Increase your research impact
• ScienceOpen metrics
• MyScienceOpen networking platform
• Peer review at ScienceOpen
• ORCID integration
• Enhanced article impact
• ScienceOpen membership
• Editorial control and peer review