112 Knoll Cove, Austin, TX 78737 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 512-784-0352; Home: 512-358-8510 LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanansumana
A strategic thinker and problem-solver with an analytical mind, strong work ethic, and good communication and
organizational skills. Highly competent in collaborating efforts and managing projects and delivering high quality and,
tangible results within strict deadlines. Possess a positive outlook, high energy, good judgement and good
interpersonal skills, and work effectively, cross-functionally with all levels of management, business units and
geographies within a large organization. Proactive and result driven; highly efficient in fast-paced and high-pressured
environments, both as part of a team and independently.
Extensive experience in a broad range of financial accounting functions:
• Financial Close • Balance Sheet Account Review and Reconciliations • Variance Analysis
• Business Unit Partnership • Internal and External Audit Support • Training and Mentoring
• Financial Analysis • Cash Accounting • Payroll Accounting
• SOX and Internal Controls • Royalty and Commission Accounting • Process Improvement
• Managed ArthroCare’s GL data migration from the QAD Legacy system to SAP due to conversion of its ERP
system. Tested and validated accounting/finance-related processes implemented in SAP.
• Trained and supervised a staff accountant on sales commissions processing and accounting for ArthroCare’s
sales force of about 300 direct sales representatives, sales agents and distributions, improving the accuracy of
• Participated in the acquisition accounting and integration of ArthroCare’s acquisitions of 11 Blade and
• Supervised the development and implementation of ArthroCare’s Accounting Policy and Procedures Manual.
• Identified opportunities to optimize existing processes and developed innovative process improvements.
• Managed accounting for $8M of Exit Costs associated with ArthroCare’s closing of its Sunnyvale branch.
• Re-evaluated a significant year-end accrual for Clinical expenses for external auditors saving ArthroCare about
200K in excess accrual.
• Instrumental in the development of ArthroCare’s Electronic Bank Statement (EBS) process leading to faster
and more accurate bank reconciliation.
• Provided documentary evidence relating to DOJ’s investigation of ArthroCare.
SMITH & NEPHEW INC (Formerly ARTHROCARE CORPORATION). Austin, TX. 2001 – 2015
• Partnered with business unit managers within the sales and marketing group to ensure proper expense
recognition and classification (including accruals for period-end expenses) and provide analysis of variances
and reports that facilitate effective operational activities and decision making.
• Partnered with Payroll/HR department to ensure accurate recognition of payroll-related expenses and
liabilities; reconcile GL payroll data (expenses and balance sheet accounts) with corresponding data in the
payroll reporting system (i.e. ADP database) and provide reports to external auditors.
• Partnered with Accounts Payable, Credit and Collections, Cash Application, and Treasury personnel ensuring
that all cash transactions were properly posted; reconciled cash account balances totaling about 200M to their
associated bank account balances and resolved reconciling items within a month.
• Reduced close cycle from 7 to 3 days by effectively posting journal entries for accruals and prepayments as
part of the Close process; reconciled balance sheet accounts (including Intercompany accounts), performed
fluctuation analysis and provided explanation for income statement and balance sheet account balances.
Performed FX Reconciliation
• Reviewed and commented on Cash, Accrued Compensation, Accrued Liabilities and Prepaid account
balances in the quarterly Balance Sheet Review process ensuring clarity in balance sheet movements and
compliance with contractual agreements and supported effective decision making.
• Processed Royalties, including revenue and expense accruals and analysis, and responded to customer
inquiries, in compliance with contractual agreements with 100% accuracy, increasing internal and external
Jonathan Ansumana email@example.com Page 2
• Processed commissions and sales bonuses for 250 sales representatives and 100 sales agents and
distributors based on Compensation Plans and contracts; analyzed and accounted for commission expenses
and liabilities up to $5M per quarter consistently meeting contract fulfillment, while providing accurate accrual
estimates and timely payments.
• Processed and filed sales and use tax and property tax returns in compliance with statutory requirements.
• Provided periodic reports for external and internal auditors and responded to audit inquiries.
• Participated in ArthroCare’s SOX Compliance initiatives.
SANMINA, Santa Clara, CA
Performed Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions and participated in the Close Process
3COM, Santa Clara, CA.
Performed Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
ECONOMATICS, Birmingham, England, UK
Performed inventory accounting and cycle counts.
FOURAH BAY COLLEGE, University of Sierra Leone, Sierra Leone
Research and Teaching Assistant
Lectured, and conducted tutorials in Financial Accounting and Cost Accounting to undergraduate students at
Intermediate, Qualifying and Final Years of the Bachelors (Honors) Degree Program (Accounting Major) at Fourah Bay
College, University of Sierra Leone.
• Facilitated lively and interactive classroom discussions related to lecture materials; responded to students’
questions and concerns, and promptly graded assignments and exams papers.
UNITED NATIONS INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION (UNIDO), Sierra Leone (contract)
Helped small business owners maintain proper accounting records of business activities to facilitate funding from the
UNIDO Program. Reported progress and recommendations for improvements on a quarterly basis to UNIDO Officials.
• Developed and implemented accounting and reporting systems for small businesses in Sierra Leone and
trained entrepreneurs on applying the systems.
Masters in Accounting and Finance; University of Birmingham, England, United Kingdom.
(Awarded full joint British Council and Commonwealth Scholarship)
Bachelor of Science Fourah Bay College, University of Sierra Leone; Sierra Leone.
(Hons) Econ, (2nd Class, 1st Division – Accounting Major)
Proficient in MS Office, Hyperion Essbase, and SAP (FI) and QAD (MFG Pro) ERP Systems.
Currently Enrolled in:
Thomson Reuters’ Checkpoint Learning (CPE Courses) and MOOC Programs in Accounting and Finance
Membership in Professional Organizations
American Accounting Association