1. SUPERVISOR | CONSUMER BEVERAGE PRODUCTS | MERCHANDISING | LOGISTICS
Supervisor & Beverage Reset Specialist - building on more than six (6) years achievement in product and beverage, logistics, and
merchandising excellence. Team leader with a focus on growing key client accounts, warehouse & product distribution/ management,
and developing new revenue for non-alcoholic beverage products. Known as a dynamic and positive influencer, team driver with an
acute understanding of customer service and business excellence.
Key areas of expertise:
• Management & Team Development
• Beverage Merchandising & Logistics
• Training & Product Education
• Reporting & Inventory Management
• Integrated Technology Solutions
• POP/POS Merchandising
• Process Management
• Customer Service
• Large Account Coverage
• CPG Brand Solutions
• Procedures & Policy Acumen
SOFTWARE SKILLS: MS Office 2010 – (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Basic SAP, Kronos
Dr. Pepper Snapple Group 2012 – Present
Logistics Distribution Supervisor / Reset Specialist
Responsible for supervising and training people and drivers that support logistics and distribution with a focus on building and
development of at-shelf displays and best-in-class inventory management of products within retail and c-store environments.
Accountable for all functions connected with servicing the account, such as pre-sell special promotions, monitor and solicit space
gains, merchandise the product, place shelf/stock orders, place equipment, issue credits and develop overall sales.
• Responsible for the leadership and direction, coordination and evaluation of all distribution activities for assigned
drivers/routes over team of delivery, relief and bulk drivers.
• Managed training, orientation programs and onboarding, 30/60/90 reviews, hiring of new drivers and team of more than
35 drivers, including the management of driver performance programs combined with appropriate disciplinary action, if
• Perform periodic route rides and training with drivers to evaluate interaction with customers and improve customer
• Oversee check–in process with drivers upon completion of the day to reconcile shipments, returns and inventory and
ensure all delivery processes are correct.
• Supervise the planning and scheduling of company transport vehicles to maximize revenue production.
• Enforce DOT compliance and regulations and ensure optimal inventory levels of full goods are maintained.
• Assist with warehouse duties as required ensuring building, equipment, and housekeeping requirements are met on a
2. Center Operations Supervisor / Local Sort Supervisor
United Parcel Service, Spring Valley, NY 2010-2012
Accountable for night shift operations managing a crew of sorters, unloaders, and loaders. Accountable for aggressive production
goals and preparing detailed reports, while assuring safe and efficient operation of equipment. Exceeded production goals and
increased efficiency by reducing lost packages.
• Accountability for the accuracy of the sort.
• Inspection of conveyors and trucks to decrease missing packages.
• Manage high volume facility output.
• Develop business relationships.
• Train employees to assure Safety compliance.
• Accountable for preparation of production reports.
Technical Service Representative
Scott’s Lawn Services, Wayne, NJ 2009 – 2010
Accountable for managing existing accounts and development of new business in existing territories while providing and maintaining
a high level of service.
• Developed new business relationships.
• Trained new representatives on the utilization of chemicals.
• Managed routes by providing excellent service and promoting new products.
• Maintained existing accounts and built new accounts by using referrals.
Assistant Production Manager
Fairfield Pro, Valley Stream, NY 2003 – 2010
Managed the business cycle from sales to delivering results by creatively preparing venues for high-end events. Effectively worked
with a crew and assisted in various areas of preparation and logistics implementation.
• Assisted with the preparation and planning of large corporate events including trade shows, large private events, political
campaigns, and corporate events.
• Integrated the highest-level of customer service for event gathering.
• Produced staging, onscreen displays, presentations, and trade show exhibits for corporate marketing objectives.
• Worked effectively together within a team throughout various aspects of high-level production environments.
The King’s College, New York, NY
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Economics