• We are a group of local people that live or
work in the area and have come together to
help improve life in the Nelson Ward.
• We recommend funding from the Community
Development Foundation through agreed
Funding priorities for – Nelson
• A - Improving outcomes for young people
• B – Improving outcomes for older people
• C – Bringing different communities within the
• D – Improve provision for the unemployed
• E – Improve the local environment
***If you meet one or more of these
Priorities then you can apply***
Priorites we have met so far are:
We have priorities A B D & E so far and are
looking to meet priority C
Bringing different communities
within the ward together.
We would also like to improve on our other
priorities so we make the most of the
government funding opportunity.
Many projects we funded
• Sitting safe & warm at St Marks Community
Café – Tom Kennar
• Day trip for Grafton Street residents –
Residents Audrey Arnell
• Quality play, quality places, quality people –
Friends of Stamshaw Adventure Playground
• Computers for all – Buckland Community
More projects funded
• Get kinected workshops – Peak performance
• Peak performance weekend workshops – Peak
• Street 20 Cricket Project – Pompey in the
community, Respect programme
• Stamshaw Infants School birthday celebrations
- Sharon Court
Even more projects funded!
• Community crafters @ Buckland – Pauline
• Forest School Weekends – Woodcraft Folk
• Community It access – Stamshaw & Tipner
community Centre General Management
How you can apply
• Form to fill in - We have copies here for you
to fill in or you can download them.
• Run through forms – We are here to help you
by going through what’s needed.
• Any problems – Ask us we are here to help!
• Any questions – We have a list of frequently
asked questions with answers.
Do you need help?
Meet the project organisers
• How was it for them
• Come and have a chat to us – free tea and
coffee whilst your here
• We can help & Support you
We are here to help you
How we can help
Match funding examples
Do you meet the criteria
Doing your homework
What else is in the neighbourhood doing this
We have money to allocate!
• Our remaining budget for this year is
£4,093.73 to be allocated by 31st March 2014
• Year 4 spend £11,309 to be allocated by