John Edward Crabtree
21 Leyburn Close, Whelley, Wigan, Lancs, WN1 3NF
Tel: 01942 200135 Mobile: 07904047090
Email: email@example.com Date of Birth: 23rd June 1961
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
2008-2011 NSAC Construction Skills
NVQ Level 3 Diploma Occupational Work Supervision
2011 Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
1977-1981 Wigan Technical College/Gullick Dobson Training School
Indentured Training Apprenticeship Gaining City & Guilds in General
Technology and Mechanical Engineering Craft Studies.
1974-1977 Deanery High School, Wigan
10 GCSE’s: 6 higher level passes in Maths, English, Engineering Science,
Technical Drawing & Metal work
2012 - Present Allspeeds Engineering - Quality Control Inspection
- Over seeing all aspects of inspection from raw material, First off to final
Inspection, including CNC machine shop inspection.
- Control management of all measuring equipment,
- Customer complaints liaison, including corrective action reports.
- Regular Audits of Quality Standards and Procedures.
- Basic CMM experience. Fully conversant with all British Standards and API
2009 - 2012 SB Partitions – Contract Manager
- Over seeing numerous jobs varying from an £80k fit out contract of
Standish High School
To a £600k refurbishment of Central Teaching Laboratories with in
- Managing all Health & Safety aspects of work whilst checking all
Method Statements and risk assessments.
- Ensuring delivery to programme schedule by managing resourcing
Levels and co-ordinating between all trades, arranging co-ordination
meetings to ensure all team members from Supervisors to Production
workers are fully aware of their duties.
- Directly answerable to the Managing Director overlooking 15 to 40 staff
on 4 different sites.
2007 - 2009 Sound Interiors Ltd
- Working as a supervisor over looking all major construction. Partition and
Ceiling fit out.
- Working directly under the Contract Manager ensuring all work was
being carried out in accordance with regulations, on time and in a safe
1998 - 2007 Gullick Dobson Ltd/Joy Mining - Standards Room Supervisor/Inspector
- Inspection and repair of all measuring equipment to British Standard
- Managing of all data records and buying of new equipment where
-P.A.T.test of all electrical appliances and issue of certification.
1995 - 1998 Gullick Dobson Ltd/Joy Mining - Maintenance Workshop Fitter
- Gaining plumbing and basic electrical and welding knowledge.
- Maintenance and installation of all types of machinery including;
Hydraulic Pumps Compressors, Machine Shop Machinery, Assembly Line
Test Rigs, Overhead Cranes, Welding Equipment, including production line
maintenance working on preventative working system.
1992 - 1995 Gullick Dobson Ltd/Joy Mining - Special Products Assembly and
- Assembling and testing of equipment for underground use. Notably
Gearbox assembly and testing.
- Assembling and testing of Four-wheel Drive Vehicles from chassis to final
- Inspection and delivery of machinery to supplier including supervision of
machinery Installation on site.
1981 - 1992 Gullick Dobson Ltd/Joy Mining - Allocated First Position
- Quality Control Inspection on goods inwards, inspecting all components for
Free steered vehicles - including, raw material, machined parts, Fabrications
and Final assembly and test.
- Also including site visit inspection, inspecting sub -contract components
, before dispatch to factory, using all different types of measuring
equipment e.g. Micrometres, Vernier callipers, Vernier height gauges,
Slip gauges, bore micrometres, surtronics, dye penetrant, electrolysis,
Including set up of gauges for use on production line.
1978 - 1981 Gullick Dobson Ltd/Joy Mining – Placements
- 6 month placement each Department - Machine shop, Maintenance,
Tool room, Standards, Drawing office, Inspection.
1977 – 1978 Gullick Dobson Training School – First Year Apprentice Pass Out
- Basic engineering Knowledge and workshop experience.
Keen supporter of Wigan St Patricks Amateur Rugby League Club and have been actively involved in
playing and coaching at the club for over 30 year. Also enjoy going out for long dog walks whenever
References and any further information you may require are available on request.