SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE, BUILDING & DESIGN
Research Unit for Modern Architecture Studies in Southeast Asia
Foundation of Natural and Built Environments
CONSTRUCTED LANDSCAPE [ARC 3343]
Lecturers: Normah Sulaiman, Mr. Lee Cherng Yih
Project 1 (Individual)
Submission date – 16th May 2014
Place making is both an overarching idea and a hands-on tool for improving a neighborhood, city
or region. It has the potential to be one of the most transformative ideas of this century.’
Project for Public Space
Individually you are to produce
An A3 presentation board on the selected case study
A reflection video (2 – 3mins) on the case study
Case study topics :-
1. You need to select one case study from the topics above and do a comparative study of
similar topics with a local case study. You need to document your findings in a form of
presentation board consist of text (short summary) and images (illustration, photo or
diagram) that best represent the topic discussed.
2. In your info comparative case studies, you should highlight the typology, function and how
people response to the space. Your research should also highlight the basic information,
design intention, characteristics and management of the space.
3. Your reflection videos will include these three component :-
Introduction - brief summary of what you have done.
Key Comparison - you can highlight your understanding on the case studies done on
the topic chosen.
Reflections of Learning - you can reflect on what have you learn which includes
researching, comparison of information and compiling the work.
1. Maximum of TWO(2) A3 size presentation board
2. All works in soft copy to be submitted in a CD**
3. All works must be in hand drawn or collage format (No computer graphics except for photos).
4. Referencing and citation of sources is to be inserted at the back of the culture journal.
5. Please write down Program Title, Subject Title, Student Name, ID, Assignment Title and
Submission Date at the back of each board.
6. Submission 16th May 2014 at class venue.
Works submitted late will yield 10% mark reduction. For works submitted later than two working
days, no assessment will be done.
**Please use the proper CD cover, with a proper cover inlay of your submission details. Please
do not use soft CD cover.