Foster Gordon & Mary Jane Park


Published on

Foster Gordon (1850 -1926) &
Mary Jane Park (1856 – 1940)

  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Total views
On SlideShare
From Embeds
Number of Embeds
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Foster Gordon & Mary Jane Park

  1. 1. PIONEER HISTORY OF Foster Gordon (1850 -1926) & Mary Jane Park (1856 – 1940) Files of: Erma P. Gordon Anderson: By: Daughter, (Ivy) Jean Gordon Allred (additions by Joe Anderson, a great grandson) Foster Gordon, Born: 27 Nov. 1850 at Castle Eden, England Baptized 14 Mar 1864 in Utah ? Died: 3 Sept 1926 at Salt Lake City, Utah; Buried: Tooele City Cemetery Son of John Henry Gordon & Hannah Hudson Married: at the Endowment House on the 22nd of Oct 1872, SLC, Utah Mary Jane Park, Born: 26 Aug. 1856 at Lehi, Utah Died: 24 June 1940 at Salt Lake City, Utah; Buried: Tooele City Cemetery Daughter of Samuel Park & Jean Harvey Children: 1- Foster John Gordon, Born: 28 Jan 1874 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah 2- Mary Isabell Gordon, Born: 6 Apr 1877 at St. John, Tooele Co., Utah 3- Samuel Arthur Gordon, Born: 9 Jun 1879 at Millcreek, Salt Lake Co., Utah 4- William Ernest Gordon, Born 13 Aug 1881 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah 5- David Harvey Gordon, Born: 24 Sep 1883 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah 6- Ivy Jean Gordon, Born: 1886 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah 7- George Hudson Gordon, Born: 11 Aug 1888 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah 8- Minnie Adell Gordon, Born: Born 5 May 1890 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah 9- Hannah Hazel Gordon, Born 28 Jan 1894 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah 10 Earnel Marion Gordon, born 12 Nov 1898 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah
  2. 2. Foster Gordon – Birth Certificate "England and Wales Census, 1851," Foster Gordon, England name: Foster Gordon: gender: Male, birthplace: Castle Eden, Durham relationship to head of household: Son record type: Household Castle Eden is a village in County Durham, in England. It is situated a short distance to the south of Peterlee, Wingate, the A19 and Castle Eden Dene. Was a coal mining town in 1850. Foster’s father, John Henry Gordon, worked as a pitman at the Castle Eden Colliery (coal mine). Castle Eden Dene is a dene in County Durham, south of Peterlee and north of Castle Eden. Castle Eden Dene is the largest area of semi-natural woodland in north-east England, renowned for yew trees. The tangled landscape is a survivor of the wildwood that once covered most of Britain. For more about coal mining communities in NE England mid 1800’s just enter “Castle Eden Colliery” in your browser.
  3. 3. By: Daughter, (Ivy) Jean Gordon Allred (additions by Joe Anderson) Sometime between late 1855 and 1860 John Henry, wife Hannah and 4 children; Frances, Foster, Robert and John Henry left England, crossed the Atlantic in a sailing ship. It took them six weeks to cross. They settled on a farm in Ohio, near where Columbus is now. They lived there awhile. Then (1861) went on to Florence (Omaha) Nebraska and joined Captain Murdock's ox train and came to Utah arriving in SLC, Utah 10 Sept. 1861. INSERT: It is interesting to note that coal mining was a major industry in Ohio during the 1850’s 1860’s and on to the present day. Foster’s father, John Henry Gordon, may have found employment in the Ohio coal mines. John R. Murdock Company (1861) Depart: SLC, Utah, 1 May 1861 Departure: Florence, Neb, 4 July 1861, Arrival Salt Lake Valley: Abt 10 September 1861 1890 US Census Over the kitchen table, it may be hard to remember dates from 30 year before. According to 1890 Census, Son, Foster Gordon: Lists Immigration year: 1859 Son, Robert Gordon: Lists Immigration year: 1863 Their brothers were born in SLC, Utah: Samuel (born 1861) and George (born 1863) IMMIGRATION- RECORDS ARE CONTRIDICTORY OR NOT AVAILABLE Civil War activity may have been a factor in the family decision to leave Ohio and move on to Salt Lake City, Utah during 1961. CIVIL WAR November 6, 1860 - Abraham Lincoln, who had declared "Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free..." is elected president, the first Republican, receiving 180 of 303 possible electoral votes and 40 percent of the popular vote. December 20, 1860 - South Carolina secedes from the Union. Followed within two months by Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Texas. January, 1861 The South Secedes: Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana Kansas admitted to the Union; February 1 Texas seceded from the Union February 9, 1861 - The Confederate States of America is formed with Jefferson Davis, a West Point graduate and former U.S. Army officer, as president. March 4, 1861 - Abraham Lincoln is sworn in as 16th President of the United States of America. April 12, 1861 - At 4:30 a.m. Confederates under Gen. Pierre Beauregard open fire with 50 cannons upon Fort Sumter in Charleston, South Carolina. The Civil War begins. April 15, 1861 - President Lincoln issues a Proclamation calling for 75,000 militiamen, and summoning a special session of Congress for July 4. Robert E. Lee, son of a Revolutionary War hero, and a 25 year distinguished veteran of the United States Army and former Superintendent of West Point, is offered command of the Union Army. Lee declines. April 17, 1861 - Virginia secedes from the Union, followed within five weeks by Arkansas, Tennessee, and North Carolina, thus forming an eleven state Confederacy with a population of 9 million, including nearly 4 million slaves. The Union will soon have 21 states and a population of over 20 million. April 19, 1861 - President Lincoln issues a Proclamation of Blockade against Southern ports. For the duration of the war the blockade limits the ability of the rural South to stay well supplied in its war against the industrialized North. April 20, 1861 - Robert E. Lee resigns his commission in the United States Army. "I cannot raise my hand against my birthplace, my home, my children." Lee then goes to Richmond, Virginia, is offered command of the military and naval forces of Virginia, and accepts.
  4. 4. July 4, 1861 - Lincoln, in a speech to Congress, states the war is..."a People's contest...a struggle for maintaining in the world, that form, and substance of government, whose leading object is, to elevate the condition of men..." The Congress authorizes a call for 500,000 men. July 21, 1861 - The Union Army under Gen. Irvin McDowell suffers a defeat at Bull Run 25 miles southwest of Washington. Confederate Gen. Thomas J. Jackson earns the nickname "Stonewall," as his brigade resists Union attacks. Union troops fall back to Washington. President Lincoln realizes the war will be long. "It's damned bad," he comments. July 27, 1861 - President Lincoln appoints George B. McClellan as Commander of the Department of the Potomac, replacing McDowell. McClellan tells his wife, "I find myself in a new and strange position here: President, cabinet, Gen. Scott, and all deferring to me. By some strange operation of magic I seem to have become the power of the land." November 1, 1861 - President Lincoln appoints McClellan as general-in-chief of all Union forces after the resignation of the aged Winfield Scott. Lincoln tells McClellan, "...the supreme command of the Army will entail a vast labor upon you." McClellan responds, "I can do it all." --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel, 1847–1868 John R. Murdock Company (1861),16272,4019-1-215,00.html John Henry Gordon and his family are not listed, in the above record, as traveling with the John R. Murdock Company of 1861. There is not a complete official roster. The site above (the historical record) list about 156 individuals. The Company had about 50 wagons and about 18 people were assigned to each wagon which equals 900 people. So, it is not unusual that many families are not listed in the available records. John R. Murdock Company (1861) Depart: SLC, Utah, 1 May 1861 Departure: Florence, Neb, 4 July 1861 Arrival Salt Lake Valley: Abt 10 September 1861 Company Information: This company consisted mostly of Scandinavian Saints from the ship "Monarch of the Sea" when it began its journey from the outfitting post at Florence, Nebraska (now Omaha). NOTE: Ancestor Harriet Louisa Peacock’s sister, Emily Ellen Peacock & husband Thomas Smith, are listed in the record as traveling with the 1861 Murdock Team. Trail Excerpt: Murdock, John Riggs In the year 1861 I [John R. Murdock] was called," he says, "to take charge of a Church train consisting of fifty wagons and as many drivers. There were four yoke of oxen to each wagon. It was our mission to go down to the Missouri river and bring emigrants to Utah. After making our preparations, we started (From SLC, Utah) about the first of May, 1861. Grass was short; consequently we had to use great care in providing suitable food for our teams, and to drive prudently until the grass improved. Before leaving Salt Lake City we loaded up with flour and other provisions to meet the needs of the emigrants with whom we were to return. These supplies we deposited at certain points along the road, so that we could use them on our return.
  5. 5. "It generally took about nine weeks to cross the plains. "Our first trip down," he says, "was without any particular incident. We remained at the river a short time and then loaded the luggage of the emigrants into our wagons. There were from sixteen to twenty persons, men, women, and children, assigned to each wagon. Those who were old enough to walk were expected to do so the greater part of the way. They would ride, occasionally, when the roads were good. I always appointed two men whose duty it was to look after the passengers. It was certainly novel to see a train starting out with everything that could be put into wagons and everything that could be tied to the outside, such as buckets, cans and all kinds of cooking utensils. It reminded one of an old turkey with a brook of young ones keeping her company. Generally there were about seven hundred passengers in one train. The organization was systematic and complete. It consisted of a captain, an assistant, a chaplain, a quarter-master, hospital steward, a camp guard, and a night guard for the stock. The chaplain took charge of the religious services, and we had prayer night and morning. We also had a choir with its leader. The people were called together by means of a bugle." The experiences of the emigrants were educational as well as fraternal. These attachments resulted in life-long friendships. "The Immigration," Deseret News [Weekly], 11 Sep. 1861, 156 Companies of the immigrating Saints have been arriving at short intervals for some days as we are informed, but their arrival has attracted so little attention that our local reporter has not been particularly interested in the matter, at least if he has made himself acquainted with the facts he has not made report, and we have had so many other matters to see after during the last two weeks, that we have not had time nor opportunity to make the necessary enquiries to ascertain whether one, two three four or more companies have come in, but we are of opinion that a majority of the independent companies have arrived, and that the others will be here shortly. Captains Murdock, Horne and Eldredge, with their companies are reported near at hand, and will be in to-day or to-morrow. Captain Young, with the last of the Church trains, so called, is expected to arrive in about ten days.
  6. 6. CONTINUED By: Daughter, (Ivy) Jean Gordon Allred (additions by Joe Anderson) The family first settled in the [Salt Lake City] 10th Ward. Foster’s Grandparents, Foster & Sarah Frances Gordon, came to Utah during 1863. Then they all moved to Hoytsville. His father and grandfather were stone masons by trade and built a flour mill in Coalville.
  7. 7.,_Utah,_Utah Coalville, UT circa 1879 Coalville was founded in 1859 by William Henderson Smith, an early Mormon freighter. He noticed that wheat spilled by other wagons moving through the area would grow to maturity. He subsequently convinced four families to settle in the area with him. The settlement was originally called Chalk Creek. Early life in Chalk Creek was difficult, and during winters the settlers dealt with a constant scarcity of food. When food ran out, they would travel to Salt Lake City for supplies. The local Indians were also hostile for a time, and the settlers built a fort on advice of Brigham Young. In 1854 the territorial government in Utah offered a $1000 reward to anyone who could find coal within 40 miles of Salt Lake City. Four years later, Thomas Rhodes found a coal vein in the Chalk Creek area, and coal mining began in earnest. Hundreds of tons of coal were shipped to Salt Lake City, and soon a narrow gauge railroad was built. The settlement was renamed Coalville as a result of this early success mining coal. CONTINUED By: Daughter, (Ivy) Jean Gordon Allred (additions by Joe Anderson) While living in Salt Lake Father (Foster) was able to purchase a yoke of wild cattle, which with a lot of grief and bruises, he was able to train. Also, they had several runaways. He then hauled logs from the nearby canyons. This he sold in the city for firewood. It took him two or three days to get a load and many times all he had to eat was dry bread and water. The family moved to Clover, Utah. Foster’s Grandparents moved to Skull Valley, Utah as caretakers at the Park Ranch. However, on 22 Oct 1865, they were both murdered at their home on the Park Ranch. Foster’s father (John Henry Gordon) was on a trip to Butte, Montana during 1868. He disappeared and was never heard of again. He was last seen near Blackfoot, Idaho. It was assumed that he was killed by Indians or other foul play. The family carried the rumor that he had apparently found out who killed his parents, though this was never substantiated. While skeletons were later found they were never able to identify any of them as being positively John Henry Gordon. His team and wagon were found in Sacramento, California. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ALTERNATE HISTORY It make no sense that John Henry may have been perusing those who murdered his parents and that he was last heard from in Blackfoot, Idaho along the Oregon Trail and that his wagon was later found in Sacramento, California. – OPINION The logical escape route from Skull Valley is west along the Overland Express and Pony Express trail leading to Sacramento, California.
  8. 8. I believe the history could read: John Henry Gordon was perusing those who killed his parents in Skull Valley. He was last heard from at Black Rock Station in Skull Valley along the Overland Express and Pony Express trail on the way to Sacramento, California. While skeletons were later found they were never able to identify any of them as being positively John Henry Gordon. His team and wagon were later found in Sacramento, California. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ He left a widow with seven children, the youngest only 2 years old (Note: Minnie born 14 May 1866). The responsibility of providing for the family, his mother and six brothers and sisters, fell on Foster (age 18 in 1868) who was the eldest son. His mother helped him by taking in washing. Rush Valley is a combination of two communities named Clover and St. John. It was settled by Mormon pioneers from Tooele, who braved the rough elements to settle a new area. It is a rural area with ranching and farming. Some of the very earliest settlers (1855-56) at Clover, Utah were Erma Gordon Anderson’s brother-in-law, Keith Somsen’s ancestors – (Stookey’s and Child’s & Tanner’s). Mary Jane Park’s parents arrived in Salt Lake City 1855. In August of 1856 there was no food. The crop was not ready for harvesting and so her mother, Jane Harvey Park, cooked weed greens for her father, Samuel Park but her mother could not eat. . After she had been without food a day she said to her husband, "Lay me on the floor and let me die." He laid her down and said, "Don't give up. I will go and see if there are any potatoes." She said, "I tried all over the patch yesterday and there was none." He said, "I will try again." The first hill he dug he found potatoes. He hurried home with them and she laid on the floor before the fire and cooked the potatoes. Five days later she gave birth to twins, Mary Jane Park and her brother David Harvey Park. The Park family lived in Lehi, Utah then moved to Weber, Utah then to Tooele County, Utah. Mary Jane’s father (Samuel Park Jr) was a very successful rancher. He hired Foster Gordon’s grandparents to be caretakers at one of his ranch facilities in Skull Valley west of Clover, Utah. During 1865 Foster’s grandparents were murdered at this facility. By: Daughter, (Ivy) Jean Gordon Allred (with additions by Joe Anderson in 2007) Father, Foster Gordon, married Mother, Mary Jane Park, at the Endowment House on the 22nd of Oct 1872. Mary Jane Park is the daughter of Samuel Park Jr. (B:1828) and Jean Harvey (B:1828). She was born just 1 year after her parents arrive in SLC, Utah They first lived at Clover, Utah. St John & Clover later merged into Rush Valley City
  9. 9. Foster Gordon and Mary Jane Park Gordon’s CHILDREN 1- Foster John Gordon, Born: 28 Jan 1874 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah 2- Mary Isabell Gordon, Born: 6 Apr 1877 at St. John, Tooele Co., Utah 3- Samuel Arthur Gordon, Born: 9 Jun 1879 at Millcreek, Salt Lake Co., Utah – My Grandfather 4- William Ernest Gordon, Born 13 Aug 1881 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah 5- David Harvey Gordon, Born: 24 Sep 1883 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah 6- Ivy Jean Gordon, Born: at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah 7- George Hudson Gordon, Born: 11 Aug 1888 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah 8- Minnie Adell Gordon, Born: Born 5 May 1890 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah 9- Hannah Hazel Gordon, Born 28 Jan 1894 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah 10 Earnel Marion Gordon, born 12 Nov 1898 at Clover, Tooele Co., Utah Supplemented from Son: Foster John Gordon’s biography My Father (Foster Gordon) and brother, Robert worked together. They cut and hauled large cedar logs which they stood up something like an Indian wigwam, putting about twelve wagon loads of the logs standing upright in this round heap. They then covered the outside with a heavy coat of cedar bark, and then covered the bark with about one foot of dirt. They set the wood afire at the bottom on one side. They covered the place where they fired it, making it completely covered. After the pit was fired, the men stood guard for four days and nights to prevent the flames from breaking through the covering; when a flame threatened to break through, they smothered it back by shoveling dirt on to it. Now, after about four days burning, the pit was uncovered a little at a
  10. 10. time and water dashed on to the coal until all of the fire was extinguished. Although I was only around six years old, I can remember this coal burning like it happened yesterday and I thought it might be interesting to you, as there are very few men living today who know in detail about this charcoal burning which was the main occupation of the men of Rush Valley for several years about seventy years ago. During 1879 brothers, Foster and Robert Gordon, moved to Millcreek (an area East of Salt Lake City) where they each homesteaded at least forty acres. They lived in a dugout for at least one winter. They had to shovel snow before they could get out. This land was covered with brush and the men, with what help the women and small children could give, cleared and planted only a few acres. Having no money, they went to the canyon where they cut and delivered logs to a saw mill to support their families. They soon became discouraged and abandoned their Millcreek homesteads and moved back to Clover/St. Johns in the Spring of 1880. There Foster bought eighteen acres of land and built a log house and other buildings thereon and developed a very productive small ranch and gradually accumulated a small herd of Durham cattle. He farmed the ranch in summer and hauled cord wood and cedar posts in the winter. He sold the cord wood at Stockton and the posts at Salt Lake City where they sold it for use in blacksmithing. A cord of wood is four feet long. They hauled it back to Stockton for use as fuel for the smelter and he would get $4.00 a cord. With the help of his family, Foster had much better success with this farm. This land was very productive. Father could raise the tallest corn and the best potatoes in the world. His favorite potato was the Blue Mechanic, it was sweet and crisp. These he sold at different mining camps where the search for copper was going on. They used to kid him by saying the potatoes were copper stained, and instead of a farm he had a copper mine hid away. The spring of 1882 son, Foster John, started to ride the range as a cowboy and was the youngest cowboy on the range (8 years old) and the pet of all the old punchers. When he was eleven years old, he was reputed to be the best rider on the western range. During 1888, we sold the cattle and bought sheep. We started with 500 head and sons Foster John, Sam and Will were sheep herding.. John was about fourteen, Sam was about nine years old and Will about seven. We herded the sheep in the mountains west of the ranch in the summer and kept them on the ranch in the winter. In 1890 the sheep were all sold. Besides attending school the boys often worked stacking hay on the Stookey Ranch. Also they hauled ore from the Dugway Mountain to Stockton. Dugway Mountain is situated about forty five miles west of the Park Ranch, almost in the center of the big desert. There is no water after leaving the Park Ranch, consequently, we hauled barrels of water for our horses and ourselves to last us four days. AREA DISCUSS BELOW
  11. 11. In the Fall of 1892, we bought another herd of sheep and the sons was with them summer and winter until the spring of 1896 when we again sold the sheep and about August, 1896 As time went on living on the farm, Foster’s mode of transportation improved to a Studebaker wagon with one seat. On very festive occasions, the wagon bed was always filled with his own children and all the neighbors wrapped in a quilt and cushions made of wheat straw in bags. Later the luxury of a white top buggy or wagon with springs and three seats across. Little did he dream that eventually he would probably drive his own Model “T” Ford. Later he purchased a few sheep then more as he could get the money. He kept them for four years and sold them for $1.50 per head.
  12. 12. West end of Clover, Utah along Hwy 199 ABOVE – Map of Clover – West at Top.. # 13 = Location of Foster & Mary Jane Park Gordon Home # 15 = Store Foster Gordon’s Mother and Step-Father operated Map from “The History of Rush Valley” by Lacey Russell Burrows The Stookey’s had a large barn and on the third floor was room to hold community dances. “This dance hall was built in the west end of the barn, on a third story of its own, supported by heavy timbers. The floor was large enough for six sets to dance at once. People came from far and near to attend dances there. A big flag was draped back of the players. Joseph Tanner and Foster Gordon played accordions for the dances, [ … ]”
  13. 13. BELOW- Google Earth of this area today Probably the first store in Clover (#15 above) was in the home of Lewis Irons, who lived just below the hill east side of Johnson's lane and south of West Park Lane. He had married the widow Hannah H. Gordon, who was the mother of Foster Gordon. – PHOTO Mr. Iron’s home/store
  14. 14. Clover Red Brick Church.  All the families attended church here: Photo from 1964 Foster Gordon served as 1st Counselor at the Clover Ward being sustain 20 April 1890 In case you ever go to Clover, Utah. Following is a historical Map showing where the Gordon family lived.
  15. 15. Probably the location along Johnson Lane was where they all lived prior to moving to Millcreek in 1879. #73 along Church Street is where they may have lived after moving to Mill Creek then back to Clover 1879-80. However, #73 may be Foster’s brother, Robert Gordon & family. During 1884-85 Robert Gordon moved from Clover to Huntington, Emery County, Utah
  16. 16. About 1902 Foster Gordon moved to Salt Lake and bought three homes. He rented two of them and lived in one. In 1915, he lived at 950 South 1st West., Salt Lake City, Utah On their 50th wedding anniversary (1922), Father and Mother waltzed together. They made a handsome couple. Foster Gordon passed away 3 Sep. 1926 Mary Jane Park passed away 24 Jun 1940
  17. 17. Father, Foster, was about 5 feet 7 inches tall. Dark brown hair, blue eyes and was very strong for his size. Here he lived (950 South 1st West – SLC, Utah) until he died on 7 Sept 1926. He was buried in the Tooele City Cemetery.
  18. 18. ======================================================================== 1900 Foster Gordon, "United States Census" name: Foster Gordon event place: ED 144 Clover, Sunshine, Vernon, Precincts, Tooele, Utah birth date: Nov 1849 birthplace: England relationship to head of household: Head father's birthplace: Scotland mother's birthplace: England race or color (standardized): White gender: Male marital status: Married years married: 27 estimated marriage year: 1873 immigration year: 1859 Household Gender Age Birthplace head Foster Gordon M 51 England wife Mary J Gordon F 44 Utah son Samuel A Gordon M 21 Utah son William E Gordon M 19 Utah son David H Gordon M 17 Utah daughter Iva J Gordon F 14 Utah son George H Gordon M 12 Utah daughter Minnie A Gordon F 9 Utah daughter Anna H Gordon F 6 Utah son Erual Gordon M 1 Utah -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  19. 19. 1910 " Foster Gordon, Salt Lake City Ward 2, Salt Lake, Utah” United States Census name: Foster Gordon , birthplace: England relationship t United States Census o head of household: Self residence: Salt Lake City Ward 2, Salt Lake, Utah marital status: Married race : White gender: Male immigration year: 1869 father's birthplace: Scotland mother's birthplace: England family number: 175 page number: 8 Household Gender Age Birthplace self Foster Gordon M 59y England wife Mary J Gordon F 53y Utah dau Minnie A Gordon F 18y Utah dau Hazel Gordon F 16y Utah son Earnel Gordon M 11y Utah ====================================================================== Your tombstone stands among the rest neglected and alone. The name and date are chiseled out on polished, marbled stone. It reaches out to all who care. It is too late to mourn. You did not know that I exist. You died and I was born. Yet each of us are cells of you in flesh, in blood, in bone. Our heart contracts and beats a pulse entirely not our own. Dear Ancestor, the place you filled so many years ago. Spreads out among the ones you left who would have loved you so. I wonder as you lived and loved, I wonder if you knew That someday I would find this spot and come to visit you. Author Unknown
  20. 20. FIND A GRAVE Foster Gordon Memorial# 98647 Burial: Tooele City Cemetery, Tooele Co., Utah, Plot: 5-68-1 bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=98647 Mary Jane Park Memorial# 98648 Burial: Tooele City Cemetery, Tooele Co., Utah, Plot: 5-68-2 bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=98648
  21. 21. . .
  22. 22. 1926 "Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1908-1949, entry for Foster Gordon name: Foster Gordon event date: 03 Sep 1926 , event: Death , event place: Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah gender: Male , age: 75 , marital status: Married , race: White birth date: 27 Nov 1850 , birthplace: England father: John Gordon , mother: Anna Hudson , spouse: Mary Jane Park Gordon document type: Certificate of Death 1940 "Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1908-1949," Mary Jane Park Gordon name: Mary Jane Park Gordon, event date: 24 Jun 1940, event: Death, event place: Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah gender: Female, age: 83, marital status: Widowed, race: White birth date: 26 Aug 1856, birthplace: Lehi, Utah father: Samuel Park, mother: Jean Harvey, spouse: Foster Gordon