In sin, man has a miserable, wretched condition.
Let’s Look at the Scriptures: Man has been alienated from God from the womb. “ The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies” (Psalm 58:3).
Let’s Look at the Scriptures: Man was shaped in iniquity. “ Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me” (Psalm 51:5).
Let’s Look at the Scriptures: Sinful man’s heart is desperately, dreadfully wicked. “ The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” (Jeremiah 17:9).
Let’s Look at the Scriptures: “ Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience” (Ephesians 2:2). Sinful man is controlled by Satan.
Let’s Look at the Scriptures: Law of sin and death continually at work in sinful man’s life. “ But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members” (Romans 7:23).
Let’s Look at the Scriptures: Sinful man is under a curse. “ For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them” (Galatians 3:10).
Let’s Look at the Scriptures: “ Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart” (Ephesians 4:18). Sinful man’s understanding is darkened.
Let’s Look at the Scriptures: “ And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually” (Genesis 6:5). Sinful man has an evil imagination.
Let’s Look at the Scriptures: “ Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers” (Romans 1:29). Sinful man is filled with all unrighteousness.
Let’s Look at the Scriptures: Sinful man is dead in trespass and sin. “ And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins” (Ephesians 2:1).
Let’s Look at the Scriptures: “ From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment” (Isaiah 1:6). Sinful man is corrupt from head to toe.
Man needs a Savior to rescue him from his hopeless situation.
Without a Savior, man remains a sinner, without hope of eternal life.
Salvation, deliverance or rescue, cannot be earned (Ephesians 2:8-9).
God designed a solution to man’s predicament. He robed Himself in flesh, coming to earth as God-man. “ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father) full of grace and truth” (John 1:1,14).
God became our Savior! The name Jesus means “Jehovah Savior” or “Jehovah has become salvation”.
Jesus died on Calvary’s cross and rose again. This paid the debt and penalty of man’s sins.
“ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
In John 3:15-18, words with the root word “believe” are used five different times. Man must believe that Jesus Christ is the Savior in order to be saved.
<ul><li>The angel told Mary, “Thou shalt call his name JeESUS: for he shall save his people from </li></ul><ul><li>their sins” </li></ul><ul><li>(Matthew 1:21). </li></ul>
John the Baptist saw Jesus coming and proclaimed, “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world” (John 1:29).
<ul><li>Jesus came that through Him, all men might believe, </li></ul><ul><li>“ The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe” (John 1:7). </li></ul>
Let’s Look at the Scriptures: “ Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live” (John 11:25).
Let’s Look at the Scriptures: “ If ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins” (John 8:24).
Let’s Look at the Scriptures: JESUS “ Through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins” (Acts 10:43).
Jesus Christ is the Savior. To reject Jesus Christ is to reject “Truth.” (See John 14:6.)
REVIEW QUESTIONS 1. Who needs a Savior? Every Man After the question appears, just hit the space bar and the answer will appear!
2. In sin, who has a miserable wretched condition? Man
3. Who has been alienated from God from the womb? Man
4. Who born in sin and shapen in iniquity? Man
5. Who is the Bible referring to when it mentions the heart is desperately wicked ? Man
6. Which type of man does Satan control ? Sinful Man
7. Which type of man is under a curse ? Sinful Man
8. Which type of man has his understanding darkened ? Sinful Man
9. Which type of man has an evil imagination? Sinful Man
10. Which type of man is filled with unrighteousness? Sinful Man
11. Which type of man is dead in trespass and sin? Sinful Man
12. Which type of man is corrupt from head to toe? Sinful Man
13. Without a Savior, what does man remain? A sinner, without hope of eternal life
14. Why does sinful man need a Savior? To rescue him from his hopeless situation
15. What does Ephesians 2:8-9 say? Salvation, deliverance or rescue cannot be earned.
16. What was God’s solution to man’s predicament? He robed Himself in Flesh.
17. What paid the debt for the penalty of man’s sin? Jesus death on Calvary’s Cross and Resurrection
18. What does the name “JESUS” mean? Jehovah Savior Or Jehovah has become Salvation
19. John 8:24 tells us if you do not believe that Jesus is the Savior, what will happen to you? You shall die in your sins.
20. In Acts 10:43, we learn that those that believe in his name will receive what? Remission of sins
THE TRUTH PART 5 You are now ready to proceed to:
GOOD-BYE from: WRITER: James Poitras GRAPHICS and DESIGN: Craig Sully
AFRICA AFLAME RESOURCES Email us at [email_address] Or write: 8855 Dunn Road Hazelwood, MO 63042 USA