Test drive a used 2004 Pontiac Sunfire coupes at Jim Hudson Buick/GMC/Cadillac serving Columbia, South Carolina. View our in-stock selection of 2004 Pontiac Sunfire coupes by visiting our website at http://www.jimhudsonsuperstore.com/.
Brochure Presented By:
Jim Hudson Buick GMC Cadillac Saab
7201 Garners Ferry Road Columbia SC 29209
fuel for the soul
Sunfire shown in Silver Metallic.
One look at Sunfire is enough to convince you. For this car, there is no middle ground. It’s designed to move
your sense of style…and your sense of performance. Because underneath that clean and fearless exterior is
Sunfire’s potent 2.2L dual-overhead cam Ecotec engine with 140 horses, backed by a Getrag 5-speed manual
transmission and available sport suspension. That’s more than enough technology to put you ahead of the
pack. And keep you there. After all, Sunfire’s Fuel for the Soul. And that’s what Pontiac is all about.
riveting SUNFIRE’S 2.2 LITER DOHC ECOTEC ENGINE MAKES IT ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL
CARS IN ITS CLASS.*
Imagine one of the lightest four-cylinder engines capable of producing 140 horsepower and 150 lb-ft
of torque. That’s the Ecotec 2.2L powerplant. This truly global engine, built to meet the needs of the
world’s most demanding drivers, comes on quick and lasts throughout an impressive rpm range. This
means you have more than enough off-the-line performance as well as power to accelerate and maintain
a traffic-leading position as you climb to higher speeds. The Ecotec is solidly quiet too. In large part, this
is because twin balance shafts produce a smooth, even operation. To help reduce operating costs, the
Ecotec features ultra-lightweight materials like aluminum and other composites. This weight reduction
helps Sunfire sip fuel at an impressive 33 mpg on the highway and 26 in the city (manual transmission).**
Altogether,this is an engine whose performance makes a very powerful statement.
100 110 120 130 140 150 160
2004 PONTIAC SUNFIRE
2003 Dodge Neon SXT
2003 Ford Focus ZX3 110A
2003 Honda Civic Coupe HX CVT
2003 Nissan Sentra GXE
Sunfire Horsepower and Torque vs. the Competition
WITH SIMPLY A GLANCE, SUNFIRE’S STYLING IS FUEL FOR THE SOUL.
Sunfire shown in Rally Yellow.
If you appreciate style, fast moves, and value in a sleek sport coupe, you are definitely Sunfire material. And (or available 4-speed automatic transmission), air conditioning, analog gauges, halogen headlamps, integrated
make no mistake. This car’s ground-hugging good looks make it seem fast, even when it’s standing still. But fog lamps, rear spoiler, rear defogger, and a PASSLock theft-deterrent system. That’s a lot, but if you want even
Sunfire’s natural beauty is more than skin deep. Inside, it has standard features like a Getrag 5-speed manual more, exercise our option packages…and you can make Sunfire an even greater car for a great price.
*All competitive claims based on latest model year information.
**Estimated. Official EPA estimates not yet available.
• 2003 Nitto Extreme Performance NHRA Sport Compact Spring Nationals - Englishtown, NJ
• 2003 NHRA BFGoodrich Nationals in West Palm Beach, FL, first NHRA victory
• 2003 IDRC West Coast Nationals - Palmdale, CA
• 2002 IDRC West Coast Nationals - Palmdale, CA
THE ECOTEC ENGINE IS SO WELL DESIGNED, OVER 50% OF ITS STOCK PARTS
ARE USED IN MARTY LADWIG’S 1,000-HP DRAG RACING ENGINE.
The grueling world of competition is the greatest test of any engine. And just like the Ecotec powerplant in your
Sunfire, the aluminum block and cylinder head, main bearings, dual overhead cams, rocker arms, and electronic fuel
injection in Marty Ladwig’s production-based Sunfire engine are all stock components. What’s more, Ladwig’s drag
car has factory-built unibody construction with stock rack-and-pinion steering…just like every Sunfire.
Taking a production-based engine — with a few modifications including methanol fuel and a turbo-charger with
intercooler — the Pontiac racing crew gets some exceptional performance. The Sunfire runs the quarter-mile in the
mid-8 seconds with a 1,000-hp Ecotec engine…that was rated at “only” 700 hp last season. Of course, Sunfire’s racing
results will continue to produce higher speeds and quicker times — stay tuned. So the next time you step on the gas
in your Sunfire, feel the performance. It’s in there. Right from the factory.
SUNFIRE HIGHLIGHTS MARTY LADWIG NHRA PONTIAC SUNFIRE RACER
• First domestic Hot Rod entry to run in the 8-second range (8.928) “Pontiac has given me a national record-setting Sunfire that has a sporty look
• National Record - 8.533 seconds (NHRA Sport Compact Nationals) on and off the track. The performance of my Ecotec-powered Pontiac Sunfire is
• Career Best Speed - 168.19 MPH (NHRA Sport Compact Nationals) state of the art and clearly separates itself from the competition.”
• Visit www.pontiacracing.com for more information
Sunfire shown in Silver Metallic.
VENTED FRONT ROTORS
Radial vents in Sunfire’s front disc brake rotors help
to dissipate heat and enhance your braking ability.
nimble Less heat also helps prevent rotor warpage.
INDEPENDENT FRONT SUSPENSION/
The magic of this setup is that each wheel
of Sunfire is allowed to track the road surface
virtually independently of all other wheels.
That keeps more rubber on the road–and
FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE WITH AN AVAILABLE ENHANCED TRACTION
Sunfire shown in Silver Metallic. more excitement in your driving.
SYSTEM HELPS MAINTAIN CONTROL ON SLICK ROADS.
The only power that counts is the power you apply to the road. And Sunfire’s independent front and on slippery roads while accelerating by applying brake pressure and reducing engine power.
semi-independent rear suspension is engineered to make the most of it. Especially with MacPherson Spirited drivers will also appreciate vented front disc brakes with available four-wheel ABS,
struts and power rack-and-pinion steering. With Sunfire’s available sport suspension, you also get 16" cast aluminum wheels, and P205/55R-16 blackwall tires. Put all that under a Sunfire that
a 22 mm rear stabilizer bar in addition to an 18 mm front bar. Choose the available 4-speed auto- weighs less than 2,800 lbs. and you’ll quickly discover Sunfire’s agility around the next corner.
matic transmission with ABS and you get an Electronic Traction System that helps maintain traction
Another audio option is Sunfire’s Delco six-
speaker integrated AM/FM sound system with
CD player. This unit also includes an integrated
tuned MORE THAN CHOICE SOUND. A CHOICE OF SOUND SYSTEMS.
digital clock and seek-and-scan functions.
Sunfire offers a range of choices for your listening pleasure. For the ultimate
in sound, choose the Enhanced Audio System. It includes an AM/FM stereo with
an MP3-capable CD player that allows you to play more than 100 songs from
one CD. This system also includes speed-compensated volume, TheftLock, and
the innovative Radio Data System (RDS). With RDS, tune into a participating
station, and the radio display shows the song title and artist. All of this sound
is pumped through six extended-range speakers.
Also available with this system is XM Satellite Radio* — fully integrated at
Standard on Sunfire is an audio system with
the factory. XM delivers digital-quality sound with 100 channels of music,
an AM/FM stereo that pumps over 70 watts
news, sports, and talk, coast to coast (available in the 48 contiguous states).
of clear sound through four full-range speakers
And to enhance the sound even more, add Sunfire’s Monsoon sound system.
and features an integrated digital clock.
Monsoon includes special amplifiers that deliver 400 watts of peak power
through six custom speakers.
*Activation and service fees extra. Visit gm.xmradio.com for details.
For added convenience, Sunfire’s rear seatbacks are split 60/40, with each seatback folding with the pull
of a handle. Flip and fold Sunfire’s rear seat and you get a cavernous passage to the 13.1 cu. ft. trunk
area. Perfect for carrying long cargo completely within the vehicle. From the outside, Sunfire’s low lift-
over height makes trunk access and loading easy, as does its electric trunk latch release.
NO OTHER CAR IN SUNFIRE’S CLASS OFFERS THIS COMBINATION OF SAFETY FEATURES.*
It’s a fact. Sunfire offers standard safety features like front air bags** and a three-point safety belt for all brakes, an Enhanced Traction System, and one year of OnStar’s Safe and Sound Service.† OnStar service includes
occupants including the rear-center seat position and PASSLock theft-deterrent system. PASSLock is a passive automatic notice of air bag deployment, stolen vehicle location, remote door unlock, emergency services, accident
theft-deterrent system that disables engine fuel intake when the incorrect key is used or the ignition is assistance, and remote diagnostics.
tampered with. Other available features include side-impact air bags for front-seat passengers, anti-lock
*Excludes other GM vehicles.
**Air bag inflation can cause severe injury or death to anyone too close
to the bag when it deploys. Be sure every occupant is properly restrained.
†Call 1-800-ONSTAR-7 or visit onstar.com for details.
Sunfire shown in Victory Red.
S O YO U G E T T H E M O S T O U T O F S U N F I R E , W E ’ V E P U T A L OT O F VA L U E I N TO I T.
Right off, Sunfire gives you more. And that gives you the perfect excuse to add some very economical option
packages such as: the Sun & Sound Package with power sunroof, AM/FM audio system with equalizer, MP3-
capable CD player and RDS capability; the Power Package with power mirrors and windows; the Security Package
with remote keyless entry, power door locks, and a theft-deterrent system; or the Protection Package with side-
impact air bags for the driver and front passenger plus one year of OnStar’s* Safe & Sound Service Plan. So go
ahead. Pick a Sunfire. Then wrap it up in a neat little package–or two. Hey, we’re not about to put limits on you.
*Call 1-800-ONSTAR-7 or visit onstar.com for details.
O F S U N F I R E ’ S M A N Y S TA N DA R D F E AT U R E S,
O N E O F T H E M O S T I M P O RTA N T I S I T S E N G I N E E R I N G.
Air bags inflate to help protect the driver and front passenger. The available Protection
Package includes side-impact air bags for the driver and front passenger plus one year
of OnStar’s Safe & Sound Service Plan. Rear spoiler adds a sporty appearance. On a lot of competitive cars it’s an extra-cost option.
Retained accessory power maintains audio system functions for 10 minutes after Three-point safety belts for every seating position are standard on every Sunfire.
the ignition is turned off. So please buckle up.
Four-cylinder 2.2L Ecotec engine generates 140 hp and 150 lb-ft torque and has an PASSLock theft-deterrent system helps protect Sunfire from would-be thieves, by using
estimated fuel economy of 26 mpg city/33 mpg highway (5-speed manual), 24 mpg city/ a sensor that is individually matched to the ignition key.
33 mpg highway (automatic). What’s more, its spark plugs are designed to last up to
100,000 miles. Same for the transmission fluid.** 60/40 split rear bench seat gives you options you’ll appreciate. Especially when you have
to fold a portion of it to carry cargo, yet provide room for a rear passenger.
Dual overhead camshafts help optimize valve actuation and reduce lash. This design
permits higher rpm than a central cam/pushrod design for smooth operation. Remote keyless entry (available) unlocks Sunfire’s doors from up to 30 feet away. And the
system’s individual key fobs recall the favorite radio and equalizer presets for two drivers.
Battery features run-down protection. This shuts down power if a prolonged drain is detected
while Sunfire is parked, preserving enough energy to restart the vehicle when you return. Breakaway outside rearview mirrors fold under impact to prevent damage. They’re
especially convenient through the car wash.
Getrag 5-speed manual transmission helps give Sunfire great performance and smooth
shifts. This could be why Getrag transmissions are also used in Porsche automobiles. Internal safety cage construction is designed to help maintain occupant space in
Halogen headlamps provide extraordinary illumination for night driving. As daytime running
lamps, they also help other drivers see your Sunfire. And studies show DRL can help reduce Steel body panels of Sunfire are galvanized on both sides to help resist corrosion.
certain types of collisions by about 5 percent.
Enhanced Traction System (ETS) is an integrated feature of Sunfire’s available 4-speed
Integrated fog lamps help Sunfire pierce the mist with reassuring illumination. But they automatic transmission. Sophisticated computer programming helps keep Sunfire
also let Sunfire’s all-business attitude stand out in a crowd under any conditions. in control during acceleration on slick pavement by limiting wheel spin.
Rack-and-pinion steering, a highly respected sports car technology, provides sharp and Vented front discs help dispel heat as they add stopping performance to everyday driving.
confident steering response. Less heat buildup also helps prevent rotor warpage and unnecessary brake maintenance.
Unibody construction brings Sunfire’s key body components together into one solid unit Four-wheel anti-lock brakes (available) electronically pulse the brakes during stops
that provides a firm foundation for responsive handling. to help give drivers more steering control on wet or slippery roads.
Independent front and semi-independent rear suspension is engineered into every Sunfire.
An available sport suspension is also available.
well engineered *Based on GM testing. Official EPA estimates not yet available.
**Maintenance needs vary with different uses and driving conditions.
See the Owner’s Manual for more information.
SUNFIRE MODEL LINEUP:
STANDARD FEATURES 1SA SUNFIRE 1SB SUNFIRE 1SC PERFORMANCE DIMENSIONS & SPECIFICATIONS
• 2.2 liter DOHC 16V 4-cycle Ecotec engine STANDARD EQUIPMENT INCLUDES STANDARD EQUIPMENT INCLUDES
• 5-speed manual standard on Sunfire (optional with 1SA STANDARD EQUIPMENT PLUS 1SB STANDARD EQUIPMENT PLUS ENGINE: 2.2 liter DOHC Ecotec engine INTERIOR DIMENSIONS: (INCHES)
1SB and 1SC) • Console cupholder • Anti-lock brakes, front disc/rear drum Horsepower: 140
• Air bags, driver and front passenger front-impact* • Floor mats, front and rear • Controlled-cycle wipers Torque: 150 lb-ft @ 5600 rpm Head room, f/r 37.6/36.6
• Air conditioning • Mirrors, LH and RH visor vanity • Convenience Package includes: Trunk net, Leg room, f/r 42.1/32.6
• Battery, Delco Freedom with rundown protection • Tilt steering wheel reading lamps, and overhead storage FUEL ECONOMY:†† City: 26 Highway: 33 (manual) Trunk capacity 12.4 cu. ft.
• Brakes, power front disc, rear drum • Transmission, 4-speed automatic with Enhanced • Cruise control, resume speed (ESTIMATES) City: 24 Highway: 33 (automatic)
• Console floor includes: floor shifter, integral armrests, Traction System • Tires, P205/55R16, performance, blackwall EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS: (INCHES)
lighted shift indicator, and storage compartment • AM/FM stereo (U1C) with CD and 6 speakers • AM/FM stereo (US8) with CD, MP3 capability, DRIVE: Front-wheel drive
• Corrosion protection featuring 2-sided galvanized (may upgrade to US8) EQ, RDS, and 6 speakers Wheelbase 104.1
steel body panels • XM Satellite Radio† digital sound system; requires FUEL TANK: 14 gallons Tread, f/r 57.6/56.4
• Defogger, electric rear window with zoned OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (U1P) radio and PDC security system; activation Curb weight (lbs.) 2771
heat feature • Anti-lock brakes, front disc/rear drum and service fees extra CRUISING RANGE: Automatic transmission: 395 miles
• Exhaust system, aluminized stainless steel • Controlled-cycle wipers Security Package (PDC) includes: Keyless entry, power Manual transmission: 409 miles
• Fabric: Ridge cloth interior • Cruise control door locks, and content theft-deterrent system
• Instrumentation: Analog speedometer, odometer, • Transmission, 5-speed Sport Interior Package (AS5) includes: Leather-
tachometer, coolant temperature gauge, and • AM/FM stereo (US8) with CD, MP3 capability, wrapped steering wheel, parking brake, and shift knob;
fuel gauge EQ, RDS, and 6 speakers driver lumbar; and passenger seatback pocket 53.00"
• License plate bracket, front (available for • XM Satellite Radio† digital sound system; requires
non-required states) (US8) radio and PDC security system; activation OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
and service fees extra • Transmission, 5-speed 182.00" 68.40"
• Lamps: Daytime running lamps, fog lamps, headlamps,
composite halogen Sun & Sound Package (PCR) includes: Power glass Sun & Sound Package (PCR) includes: Power glass
• Mirrors, sport, breakaway, LH remote, RH manual sunroof and the Delco 100 Series RDS AM/FM audio sunroof and the Delco 100 Series RDS AM/FM audio
• Moldings: Aero extensions system with CD player, programmable equalizer, clock, system with CD player, programmable equalizer, clock,
• Power auxiliary outlet and 6 speakers and 6 speakers
• Power trunk release Security Package (PDC) includes: Keyless entry, power Protection Package (PDF) includes: Side-impact air INTERIOR COLORS
• Safety belts: 3-point passive, all positions, child door locks, and content theft-deterrent system bags for the driver and right front passenger*and OnStar
comfort guide, rear safety belt Protection Package (PDF) includes: side-impact with one-year Safe & Sound Service Plan**/# (requires
• Seats include: Reclining seatbacks and adjustable air bags for the driver and right front passenger* Security Package and US8 sound system)
head restraints, rear 60/40 split-folding and OnStar with one-year Safe & Sound Service Plan**/# Power Package (PDN) power windows and outside
• Spoiler, rear deck lid (requires Security Package and US8 sound system) rearview mirrors
• Steering wheel: Sport, 4-spoke Power Package (PDN) includes: Power windows and Monsoon Premium Package audio system (U85):
• Theft-deterrent system, PASSLock outside rearview mirrors Requires (US8) radio and (PDC) Security Package;
• Tires, P195/65R15, touring, blackwall Monsoon Premium Package audio system (U85): includes 8-speaker high-performance system with
• AM/FM stereo (UM7) with digital clock Requires (US8) radio and (PDC) Security Package; 400 watts peak power
• Wheel covers, 15" bolt-on includes 8-speaker high-performance system with
400 watts peak power
STANDARD WHEEL STANDARD WHEEL STANDARD WHEEL
PG1 15" PG1 15" PG0 16"
custom wheel custom wheel Chrome Tech aluminum
covers, painted Sunfire interior shown in Graphite Ridge cloth seat shown in Graphite Ridge cloth seat shown in Taupe
PB1 15" PF7 15" *Always use safety belts and proper child restraints, even in vehicles with air bags. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat.
custom wheel cast aluminum See Owner’s Manual for more safety information.
covers, painted bright chrome finish **Visit onstar.com for system limitations and details.
†Available only in the 48 contiguous United States. Visit www.gm.xmradio.com for details.
††Based on GM testing. Official EPA estimates not yet available.
#FCC ruling 02-229 eliminates the requirement that wireless carriers support the analog network after February 16, 2008. As a result of this
ruling, if carriers for OnStar elect to provide only digital service commencing on 2/16/08, the OnStar system in this vehicle may not operate.