Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
• To investigate how poverty causes crime in the Pakistan.
• To establish development plans to decease poverty in the region.
• Making plans to overcome this problem in society.
Parameter and Methodology
• We take look of past researches related to our topic.
• Make a questionnaire on poverty and crime, then collect data from
respondents in our university premises then analyzed that data.
What is poverty?
Condition where people's basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter
are not being met.
What is Crime?
An action or omission which constitutes an offence and is punishable
Statistical data on poverty
• In Pakistan, 12.4% of population lives below the national poverty
• 50.7%, Population aged 15 years and above is employed.
• For every 1000 babies born in Pakistan, 66 died before their first
• The declining trend in poverty as seen in the country during the
1970s and 1980s.
Statistical data on Crimes
• From 2008-2013 the crime in the country constantly increased with
the average of 17.86%.
• From 2008-2013, 65,446 persons were murdered and 22,253 people
were killed in road accidents .
• An estimated $4 billion every year is generated from drug trafficking
25% females and 75% male took
part in data collection. orange
color shows female and blue
color shows the male
participants in the above pie
Do you think poverty plays a major role in the
• 52% respondents answered as
‘Not always’ because poverty is
not a single factor that causes
criminality there are some
others like disadvantage youth,
drug addicts etc. 40% of our
respondents answered as ‘Yes’
as per there perspective poverty
is a main factor which causes
crime, and the rest 8% answered
Yes No Not always
Who are the most likely to engage in crime?
42% answers as ‘no income
individuals’. 32% of our answers
were ‘Dis advantage youth’. 20%
responded as ‘psychologically
unstable individuals’ and the rest
6% answered as ‘high income
people’ they thought upper class
people are more engaged in
No income individuals High income individuals
Psychologicaly unstable individuals Disadvantage youth
Are poor more criminal than rich people?
• 40% responded answered
“Yes”. And rest of 60%
According to your perception, what percent of
crimes are caused by poverty?
0% were agreed with 20-40% and
32% people were agreed upon
40-60%.48% were agreed with
60-80% which is true to some
extent. And the remaining 20%
were agreed with 80 or above.
20-40% 40-60% 60-80% above 80
Do you think the government is doing enough to
reduce poverty the area you live?
Yes No Not always
78%, answered “No”, people
thinks that government has no
helping hand with the society in
reduction of the poverty. 16% of
our respondent thought that yes
government do support. And
the rest 6% are agreed with
Do you believe the justice system is fair?
40% of our respondents
answered “Not always”. And
16% told that “Yes”. And the
rest 44% said “No” they are
not doing well and fair to the
Yes No Not always
Have you been a victim, or a witness, of a crime?
Almost 72% said “Yes” we
have been victim or witness
of crime and the rest 28%
What more can the government do to reduce
Some feedbacks from respondents
• Just improve educational institutions.
• Make education and employment easy.
• Awareness and strong government influence
• Poverty is reduce by providing equal rights
• Improve the justice system.
• Improve education.
• Bomb them.
• Control inflation.
• Poverty and crime have a correlation, poverty does not always. Crime
also caused due to some other factors.
• According to our research rich people are more engage than poor in
• People in society not believe in justice system of Pakistan.
• Most of crimes are done by youth.
• Government not show interest to reduce poverty in country. All of
leaders were in engage in multiple their wealth through corruption,
and they ignore lower class people.