Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

5

Share

Download to read offline

Poverty and crime cause final

Download to read offline

To investigate how poverty causes crime in the Pakistan, Questionnaire

Poverty and crime cause final

  1. 1. POVERTY AND CRIME CAUSE
  2. 2. Research objectives • To investigate how poverty causes crime in the Pakistan. • To establish development plans to decease poverty in the region. • Making plans to overcome this problem in society.
  3. 3. Parameter and Methodology • We take look of past researches related to our topic. • Make a questionnaire on poverty and crime, then collect data from respondents in our university premises then analyzed that data.
  4. 4. What is poverty? Condition where people's basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter are not being met. What is Crime? An action or omission which constitutes an offence and is punishable by law.
  5. 5. Statistical data on poverty • In Pakistan, 12.4% of population lives below the national poverty lines. • 50.7%, Population aged 15 years and above is employed. • For every 1000 babies born in Pakistan, 66 died before their first birthday. • The declining trend in poverty as seen in the country during the 1970s and 1980s.
  6. 6. Statistical data on Crimes • From 2008-2013 the crime in the country constantly increased with the average of 17.86%. • From 2008-2013, 65,446 persons were murdered and 22,253 people were killed in road accidents . • An estimated $4 billion every year is generated from drug trafficking in Pakistan.
  7. 7. Analysis of Questionnaire
  8. 8. Gender Gender Male Female 25% females and 75% male took part in data collection. orange color shows female and blue color shows the male participants in the above pie chart.
  9. 9. Do you think poverty plays a major role in the criminality? • 52% respondents answered as ‘Not always’ because poverty is not a single factor that causes criminality there are some others like disadvantage youth, drug addicts etc. 40% of our respondents answered as ‘Yes’ as per there perspective poverty is a main factor which causes crime, and the rest 8% answered ’No’. Yes No Not always
  10. 10. Who are the most likely to engage in crime? 42% answers as ‘no income individuals’. 32% of our answers were ‘Dis advantage youth’. 20% responded as ‘psychologically unstable individuals’ and the rest 6% answered as ‘high income people’ they thought upper class people are more engaged in crimes. No income individuals High income individuals Psychologicaly unstable individuals Disadvantage youth
  11. 11. Are poor more criminal than rich people? • 40% responded answered “Yes”. And rest of 60% answered “No” Yes No
  12. 12. According to your perception, what percent of crimes are caused by poverty? 0% were agreed with 20-40% and 32% people were agreed upon 40-60%.48% were agreed with 60-80% which is true to some extent. And the remaining 20% were agreed with 80 or above. 20-40% 40-60% 60-80% above 80
  13. 13. Do you think the government is doing enough to reduce poverty the area you live? Yes No Not always 78%, answered “No”, people thinks that government has no helping hand with the society in reduction of the poverty. 16% of our respondent thought that yes government do support. And the rest 6% are agreed with “Not always”.
  14. 14. Do you believe the justice system is fair? 40% of our respondents answered “Not always”. And 16% told that “Yes”. And the rest 44% said “No” they are not doing well and fair to the people. Yes No Not always
  15. 15. Have you been a victim, or a witness, of a crime? Almost 72% said “Yes” we have been victim or witness of crime and the rest 28% answered ”No”. Yes No
  16. 16. What more can the government do to reduce poverty? Some feedbacks from respondents • Just improve educational institutions. • Make education and employment easy. • Awareness and strong government influence • Poverty is reduce by providing equal rights • Improve the justice system. • Improve education. • Bomb them. • Control inflation.
  17. 17. Conclusion • Poverty and crime have a correlation, poverty does not always. Crime also caused due to some other factors. • According to our research rich people are more engage than poor in crimes. • People in society not believe in justice system of Pakistan. • Most of crimes are done by youth. • Government not show interest to reduce poverty in country. All of leaders were in engage in multiple their wealth through corruption, and they ignore lower class people.
  18. 18. Thank you
  • AlysaJoarSapinas

    Aug. 17, 2020
  • Iramtehsin5

    Feb. 20, 2020
  • SevuWaqa1

    Oct. 24, 2019
  • MuhammadHaris351

    May. 2, 2019
  • JibranKarim1

    Jan. 9, 2017

To investigate how poverty causes crime in the Pakistan, Questionnaire

Views

Total views

1,393

On Slideshare

0

From embeds

0

Number of embeds

0

Actions

Downloads

24

Shares

0

Comments

0

Likes

5

×