MicroCPH 2019 conference in Copenhagen (https://microcph.dk/) abstract:
So you’ve decided to migrate from monolith to microservices, what next? Such a redesign to service-oriented architecture (SOA) is a long, arduous journey that benefits from an incremental, iterative approach. Yet, such a migration often must be done while still shipping new features, accelerating developer velocity, and growing the team in addition to ensuring there are no performance regressions.
This talk will focus on how Airbnb is building, operating, and scaling its expanding network of services. Though our re-architecture to SOA is still ongoing, we are already seeing various benefits including improved performance, developer productivity, build and deploy times, and site reliability.
* Understand design principles for building scalable, performant services
* Plan for dependencies: how to sequence decomposition into services and an API gateway
* Learn best practices for standardization, reliability, and performance when migrating architecture
* Identify ways to shift product culture to empower migration work
* Recognize tradeoffs with operating microservices