The Effects of Integrating Game-Based
Learning in Teaching English
Reading Skill of Undergraduate Students with
Positive Attitude Towards Games
Associate Professor, Division of English, Department of Western
Languages, Faculty of Humanities,
Chiang Mai University
• study were to study the students’ English
reading ability of the control group(using
game -base) before and after being taught
with general activities and that of the
• to compare the students’ motivation in
English learning before and after being taught
with the integrated activities.
• to compare the English reading ability
between the two groups
The data obtained
• Analyzed by using mean, standard deviation
The findings revealed
• more development of the English reading
ability of the experimental group than that of
the control group.
• the experimental group have the motivation in
English learning was positively higher after
being taught with the integrated activities.
• MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online) is a
computer game online.
• Can accommodate as many players.
• The player can interact with the game and
• Game online in MMORPG
• Combine the fantasy and reading skill of