Locating one’s H-index in Scopus
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-
NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
UCT Bibliometrics Working Group
From the library page: http://www.lib.uct.ac.za/
Mouse over ‘Search & Find’ & Choose ‘Databases (A-Z)’
From the Electronic Databases page choose “S” then scroll down to choose “Scopus”
• Select the “Author Search” tab
• Type surname in “Last Name” box
• Type first initial in the “Initials” box
• Type in the affiliation, i.e. University of Cape Town
• Click Search
• Tick the relevant boxes
• Click on “View Citation Overview”
• View “Author h Index”
• Tick boxes to Update analytics to exclude self citations
etc. (see right hand side of screen) and click “Update”
• You can also “request to merge authors” so that all publications appear
• Once Elsevier has merged the authors in this instance articles will appear
together instead of in 3 separate sections.
Need more help?
Contact your subject librarian at UCT Libraries: