Be the first to like this
Data Center Aggregation/Core Switch
The proposed solution must provide a high-density chassis based switch solution that meets the requirements provided below. Your response should describe how your offering would meet these requirements. Vendors must provide clear and concise responses, illustrations can be provided where appropriate. Any additional feature descriptions for your offering can be provided, if applicable.
• Must offer a chassis-based switch solution that provides eight I/O module slots, two management module slots and four fabric module slots. Must support a variety of I/O modules providing support for 1GbE, 10GbE, 40GbE and 100GbE interfaces. Please describe the recommended switching solution and the available I/O modules.
• Switch must offer switching capacity up to 20.48 Tbps. Please describe the performance levels for the recommended switching solution.
• Switch system must support high availability for the hardware preventing single points of failure. Please describe the high availability features.
• It is preferred that the 10 Gigabit Ethernet modules will also be able to accept standard Gigabit SFP transceivers. Please describe the capability of your switch.
• Must support an N+1 redundant power supplies
• Must support N+1 redundant fan trays
• Must support a modular operating system that is common across the entire switching profile. Please describe the OS and advantages.