The Mash Up Overview...
Maintaining and monitoring
the structure and language
features used in daily
Reading recount to Skype
buddy and providing
feedback for buddy writing.
Learning and using effective
Composing recount on
Super Writers Google Site
using iPad or computer.
Once a week skyping to
complete writing process
with the use of specific
Provides students engaging
resources to hook interest.
Making Weekly / Daily journal writing a
Using Learning Intentions
Every Monday students are given a learning
intention for the week.
- Whole Class / Focus Group L.I & S.C
- Specific next steps
- Maintaining editing via an edit check bookmark
- Independent Learning
Learning Intentions Provide...
Reference, example, interest in task
Integration of iPads
2 iPads = 2 students composing their recount
onto the Google Site using the iPad.
Timeframe Mon - Thurs
Thurs - Fri students read work written by their
buddy and complete feedback form, making
specific links to learning intention.
Every Friday the students who have been the
Super Writers for the week will use the class
audio booth to Skype while classroom
Use of Google Site
Check out the site
- L.I and S.C
- Resource pages
- Students individual pages
- Comments for buddy feedback
- Examples provided by teacher
- Links to writing sites
Google Site advantages
Collaborative Team Teaching approach
Provides evidence of students learning and
Visual resource that can be referred to anytime
and from anywhere
- fun to write for other
- WALT’s help keep me focussed
- it is great to choose my own
- Writing for an audience other than classmates
- encourages students to extend themselves for
a specific audience
- Individual ownership of writing, feedback and