1.1 HISTORY2. PLAYERS3. FACILITIES4. SERVICES5. WHERE ARE WE LOCATED?6. PHILOSOPHY7. CORPORATE VALUES8. ORGANIZATION9.9 STAFF10. PARTNERS11. GENERAL PROGRAMMES12. TOURNAMENTS and EVENTS13. CONTACT
1. History 1 Hi JCFerrero‐Equelite Sport Academy is an international tennis academy, and pioneer of the market (1995), that was born at the hand of Antonio Martínez Cascales to allow the best tennis players in the area to pursue their sporting careers without having to travel somewhere else. One of these tennis players was Juan Carlos Ferrero; ATP No 1 in 2003, Grand Slam Champion, member of the 1st Spanish Davis Cup winning team... and he has never been separated from his mentor “Toni”. What started as a modest and small Academy, with only a few tennis courts, is now one of the best academies in the world. courts, is of the in the world. Humility, familiarity and daily constant work are the three virtues maintained since the beginning.
2. Players Players from the Academy have become great professionals such David Ferrer, Santiago Ventura, Mariusz Fyrstenberg, María José Martínez, Marta Domachowska, Guillermo García‐López, Maria Sharapova, Justine Henin, MaratSafin, Dinara Safina, and Aravane Rezaï.Safin Dinara Safina and Aravane Rezaï •As the flagship of the project, we count on the support and involvement on and off court of a No1 and involvement, on and off court, of a No1 player like Juan Carlos Ferrero, who lives on the premises. Nicolás Almagro is another of our resident star players. • Without forgetting about the foundations of tennis, we have young talents from all countries. We currently have our hopes set on Tita Torró, Despoina Papamichail Álvaro Verdú Linda Papamichail, Álvaro Verdú, Linda Dubska, Shobu Ijima, Philip Kühnen, etc.
3. Facilities The academy has private, large, modern facilities (120,000 m2), to offer sport and educational services at the highest level.‐ 10 clay courts‐ 9 hard courts (one of them indoor)‐ 1 grass court 1 t‐ A Paddle court‐ A Beach volleyball court‐ A 400m running track k‐ A football field with natural grass‐ A golf course and golf practice‐ A gym with “Technogym Power Control”‐ Charging Rooms‐ 2 swimming pools and gardens‐ Offices
4. Services‐ Players’ single or double room with full board‐ Hotel accommodation for parents and adults‐ Internet‐ Laundry‐ Physiotherapy clinic‐ Sports shop and stringing shop and stringing‐ Sauna and jacuzzi‐ Parking‐ School and library and library‐ Players’ lounge and TV room‐ Cafeteria and restaurant
5. Where are we located? Spain is the power of world tennis today. The today The Mediterranean being the zone that mature players achieve professionalism, thanks to the climate, tournaments, player references, etc. The academy is situated in Villena (province of Alicante). 30minutes from Alicante Airport and 1 hour from Valencia Airport. We are 3 hours from Madrid by train.We have official vehicles to transport players and their families.
6. PhilosophyThe philosophy of the Academy is to aspire to form tennis p yplayers with the objective of developing their game, so that j p g g ,in the future they have the possibility of becoming professionals, as well as aiming to ensure that they mature and reach their full potential as sports people and human beings, in social, cultural and intellectual aspects; and of b i i i l lt l d i t ll t l t d fcourse, to inspire an interest in physical activity that will last for the rest of their lives.At presentAt present the business objective is to be thebest tennis academy in the world in quality of training and installations, offering an integral service to all members of the public in a familyenvironment.
7. Corporate values ‐ Sportsmanship: We instill in the young the importance of fair play, competitiveness and humility in their daily work. ‐ Familiarity: Friendship in team‐work, closeness to the clients so that they feel at y p , y home at all times.‐ Passion: Emotion, effort and sacrifice to obtain sporting excellence.‐ Education: Riding on the belief that sport combined with studies will achieve the best sport combineddevelopment in young people.‐ International: Multicultural environment in the academy and projects abroad.‐ Equality: Equal opportunities for boys and girls helping them to achieve their objectives and girls objectives.‐ Social Commitment: Taking care of the most disadvantaged, combining cultures and principles.
8. Organization Board of Directors President ManagerSchooling Restaurant Maintenance Shop Administration Security Cleaning Laundrette Marketing and Financial Golf Stage Sport Media Physios Tournaments Consultancy Teacher Medicine and nutrition Coaches Control Administration Physios Administration Physical T. Physical T. Psychology Monitors M it Base school Football Paddle Coaches
• The technical team is qualified by the most prestigious world organinisations and count on many years of experience all working in Spanish and yy p g p English: Antonio Martínez Cascales Samuel López Antonio Martínez Cascales: President of the academy, coach of Juan Carlos Ferrero, Director of the Valencia Open 500 ATP, Advisor to the The Spanish Federation and the Valencia Tennis Federation. Samuel López: Sports Director and Coach to Nicolás Almagro.Eva Borrás: Sports Psychologist for Spanish Wheelchair tennis players and Professor at the University of Valencia. Eduardo CervellóIgnacio Muñoz: Doctor and Nutrionist, specialist in trauma and orthopaedic g p psurgery, Davis Cup and Fed Cup Doctor.Eduardo Cervelló: Fitness Coach, Professor of sports science for theUniversity Mi l H á dU i it Miguel Hernández, and Dean of the F lt of public h lth dD f th Faculty f bli healthsciences UMH. Víctor Moreno: Physiotherapist, Football physiotherapist of the BBVA football Liga and Motor Sports. Liga and Motor Sports.
• Other Companies in the group are:‐ Hotel Ferrero (5 Stars and 1 Michelin Star Hotel Ferrero (5 Stars and 1 Michelin Star Restaurant)‐ Valencia Open 500 ATP • The Charity projects and the RSC plan are made and the RSC plan are made through the Ferrero Foundation.• Institutionally we have the support of the International Tennis Federation (ITF), Spanish Tennis Federation (RFET) and Valencian Tennis Federation (FTCV).• Víctor Sánchez del Amo (former Real Madrid player and Champions League commentator) manages the football area.• We work with international agents in more than 30 countries.
11. General programmes p g• Competition• Summer Camp• Children – Adult Groups• Base School Base School• Mental coaching• Campus abroad• Course for coaches• Schools Management• Etc.
Competition SMALL GROUPS (maximum 40 people) SMALL GROUPS (maximum 40 people) Personalized training Technical and Tactical Training Physical training I di id li d objectives Individualized bj i Tournaments PHYSIOTH RAPY C INIC PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC Medical tests Physical tests SPORT PSYCHOLOGIST SPORT PSYCHOLOGIST Group or individual sessionsAlso the players can combine the training with the studies in ourAcademy and take Spanish or English private classes.
Training structurePRE‐SEASON – 1 to 3 months (mid October to mid January) 1 to 3 months (mid. October mid. January)PRE‐COMPETITION – 15 days to 1 ½ months (January to February / March)COMPETITION – Rest of the year – Small pre‐season cycles (March to end of September) p )
Pre ‐ season• 1 TO 3 MONTHS• EMPHASIS ON: – FITNESS – TECHNIQUE Q – DEPTH – PERCENTAGE DRILLS • Direction / Depth – MENTAL WORK MENTAL WORK • Motivation / Confidence• NO TOURNAMENTS• ORDER OF WORK: 1) Baskets 2) Coach at the net Coach at the 3) 1 on 1 drill
Pre ‐ competition• 15 DAYS TO 1 ½ MONTHS• MACTH BASED PRACTICE – Competition drills – Artificial match situations• FEW TOURNAMENTS ‐ Players start competing and applying the changes made during the pre‐season training.• EMPHASIS ON: EMPHASIS ON: – TACTIC based on players´ skills and qualities – PERCENTAGE – ONLY baskets to gain confidence on ONLY baskets specific strokes
Competition• REST OF THE YEAR – “BOLA VIVA” 1 on 1 drills – MACTH BASED PRACTICE • REAL MATCH SITUATIONS REAL MATCH SITUATIONS – MICRO‐CYCLES TO WORK ON TECHNIQUE OR FITNESS – GOALS: • Gain Confidence • Order (Tactic)• TOURNAMENTS (depending on players) – INTERNATIONAL – NATIONAL – COACHES IN CHARGE OF SCHEDULING‐TRIPS
Summer camp p It is a summer programme (June, July and August) a summer (June, July and August) which gives players from all over the world, between 8 and 16 and of all levels, the opportunity to get to know the real tennis world. Children – Adult GroupsEnjoy a week of the best tennis without forgetting your free time. The programme is addressed to children, adults, families or companies, according to the needs of the groupand their objectives. d th i bj ti
Base School Classes for children and adults from the surrounding area of all kind of levels, during the week and at weekends with the Academy coaches at an excellent place place. Mental coachingThe Academy has a psychological service on‐site and distance learner which is aimed at players, in general. This course is also offered to coaches, parents, family or friendswho wish to get some psychological advice for their benefit.
Campus abroad Campus abroad With the experience of organizing different camps in our academies in Egypt and Dubai, Equelite is able to schedule and academies in Egypt and Dubai Equelite is able to schedule and provide campuses beyond its borders. Course for coachesThis service is aimed at coaches working with advanced and competition players. Your faculty is the Academys technical team and includes materials, full board and lodging.Schools ManagementFor those clubs who intend to have good principles, F th l b h i t dt h d i i lplanning and reputation, Equelite can develop and run a study based on the experience of the tennis industry at all levels.
12. Tournaments and events 12. Tournaments and events Among the programmes, events and tournaments we organize, 3.000 people tournaments we organize 3 000 people visit our centre every year.‐ ITF junior grade 2 j g‐ Regionals Spanish Championship‐ Marca Youth Trophy‐ Ferrero Tennis Tour ‐ Alicantino, Mediterráneo and Larguero Circuit Alicantino Mediterráneo and Larguero Circuit‐ Master Spanish Tennis Foundation‐ International Senior + 35 to + 85‐ Etc.‐ School and Companies Olympic Games‐ Sports Management Conferences‐ Clinics‐ Cultural visits‐ Street Tennis‐ Motivation Programme‐ Etc.
13. Contact “An exclusive place for tennis and sport lovers, that is, the lovers that is the same place where I JCFerrero‐Equelite Sport Academy – train and I achieved Paraje Casas de menor 44 – 03400 d the number 1 th b 1Villena (Alicante) / +34965340013 position." Juan Carlos Ferrero www.equelite.com email@example.com