1140 Ridgeview Ln Bishop, GA 30621 firstname.lastname@example.org 601.307.2932
Result-oriented professional with extensive experience in team leading, treasury functions, financial
modeling, funding, liquidity, risk management, accounting and regulatory reporting in both
intermediate regional and large international financial companies; excellent multi-tasking,
organizational aptitude and cross-functional project leadership; proven ability to hire and train
BBVA Compass – Remote August 2014 to Present
Senior Risk Associate – BBVA USA, Senior Vice President
• Relinquished managerial role to support physician wife’s career opportunities.
• Developed processes to address recently released regulatory reporting processes focused on
scenario-based valuation and profitability impacts; performed numerous ad-hoc analyses related
to profit forecasting, financial planning, regulatory compliance.
• Served as the line of business expert contact for models, tools and applications; implemented
significant back-testing and benchmarking improvements for these same models.
BBVA Compass – Birmingham, AL August 2012 to August
Structural Risk Manager – BBVA USA, Senior Vice President
• Lead Structural Risk team of seven responsible for market and liquidity risks; authored policies
and wrote policy measures for interest rate, liquidity, FX and equity risks.
• Voting member for the Secondary Marketing Committee, Liquidity Working Group, Technical
Liquidity Working Group, U.S. Market Risk Oversight Committee, Risk Management Working
Group and the bank’s new product/line of business approval process; regularly presented to
senior management, U.S. Operation and Board of Director level committees.
• Owned back-testing, bench marking and documentation for various models, including residential
loan prepay speeds, deposit decay, interest rate risk model, Economic Capital for Interest Rate
Risk, Margin at Risk, CMO cash flows and liquidity stress within the Model Validation and
• Collaborated with European parent company and other subsidiaries to develop best practices;
held quarterly meetings with federal and state regulators covering department-related topics;
satisfied general and topic-specific regulatory and Internal Audit examinations; lead
multifunctional groups to determine the bank’s compliance with regulatory guidance.
BBVA Compass – Birmingham, AL October 2010 to August
Risk Associate, Vice President
• Developed, documented, implemented and calibrated models associated with interest rate risk
inputs; designed and implemented interest rate risk scenarios covering the bank’s interest rate
• Prepared interest rate risk analyses for monthly senior management meetings; created reports
governing for U.S. Operations, Board meetings and various working groups.
• Designed risk appetite policies and procedures for interest rate risk, loans held for sale, MSRs,
the investment portfolio, multi-currency loans and FX; performed effectiveness analyses on
swaps designated as cash-flow and market value hedges in accordance with FAS133.
• Voted by senior management to participate in all top talent programs; interviewed, selected and
trained junior personnel.
R2Metrics – Birmingham, AL November 2009 to October 2010
• Designed, marketed and installed financial risk software, including asset-liability, investment
portfolio and valuation models.
• Devised investment portfolio and product pricing strategies to improve bank financial
performance under numerous scenarios.
Colonial Bank – Montgomery, AL May 2005 to November 2009
• Operated a market-leading asset-liability model analyzing interest rate risk, optionality within
balance sheet categories and income valuation projections.
• Implemented and operated an Economic Capital model to project bank holding company capital
requirements for credit, interest rate and operational risks; interpreted variances in projected
capital requirements to senior management and regulatory authorities; updated the model to
reflect risk reporting updates.
• Worked closely with regulatory reporting to interpret and provide supporting documents for
capital held for first risk of loss on a securitization conduit, debt maturity, debt re-pricing and
loans held for sale valuation.
• Created numerous analytical tools related to deposit pricing analysis, FHLB advance
optimization, loan prepayments, defaulted loans, funding, cash optimization and branch
• Performed internal audits on collateral positions, investor/customer concentrations and yields on
a $2 billion securitization funded by an asset backed commercial paper conduit; interpreted and
adapted legal documents and reporting procedures governing the securitization to attain business
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
M.A., Finance –Financial Risk Strategy (May 2005) University of Alabama
M.B.A (May 2002) University of Southern Mississippi
B.S, Biology (May 1999) University of Southern Mississippi
CERTIFICATIONS, HONORS, SKILLS AND SOFTWARE
Passed CFA Exam Level II, ERisk Abacus, BancWare, YieldBook, Summit, AnSer, Bloomberg,
MS Office, VBA, SQL