Overview of A2 Photography and summer term
Start researching stop motion
1. Respect one another – don’t talk over others
2. Mobile phones switched off and in your bag.
3. Be attentive – you’re here to learn so engage
with tasks set
Stop Motion video assignment.
Planning for Summer project
Berlin Trip 2015
June Introduction to A2 Photography
- start researching stop motion ideas
- Begin creating stop motion movies
June - Editing stop motion movies and uploading final videos to web
- Introduction of Summer Project
23 June - Brainstorm your summer project ideas.
- Presentation of stop motion videos
- Sketchbook up to date on stop motion
- Work on your Summer Project
- Begin prepping for exhibition when your back and organising
ART3 Personal Investigation 60%
June – Feb 2015
ART4 Controlled Assignment 40%
15hour final exam
Feb – May 2015
Combined with AS (50%) makes your overall
Photography A level grade.
Art1 D (2 marks from a C)
Art2 C = C (1 mark into a C)
Art4 A = A
Total A Level predicted Grade: B
Students organised and planned their own
Students exhibited their work in British Heart
Foundation and a local florists shop.
PRESENTATION OF SUMMER WORK – 2 weeks
Showing your work and selecting and printing final images from summer
TECHNICAL RECAP, NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY and SKILLS BASED
WORKSHOP - 4 weeks
Focusing on advanced camera skills such as shutter speed, aperture,
ISO, camera flash, studio lighting and colour balance.
ART3 PERSONAL INVESTIGATION – 9 WEEKS
Planning and shooting for main coursework piece.
Personal Study – 1000-3000 words written piece to accompany
your practical coursework.
Scheduled for February 2015 for second year Art,
Film, Media and Photography students
Approximate cost will be £300-£350 (tbc)
Will inform your ART 4 controlled assignment.
An opportunity to extend your practice and visit one
of the most creative cities in the world.
We will visit during the Berlin Film festival