● Get more fans
● Increase traffic to the website
● Increase sales online
● Drive more traffic in-store
● Increase calls to generate more leads
● Grow brand awareness
● Who is the audience?
● What social media platforms do they use?
● How do they use social media?
● When are they active?
● What are their other interests?
● What are their behaviors?
● What is entertaining to them?
● What is relevant to them?
● Why/how do they use your product(s)?
What are your measuring tools?
○ Google analytics
○ Built-in platform analytics
○ Social analytics
○ Manually tracking
In 2009, UAB live tweeted the removal of a patient's
"We're taking a communications tool that
already is a staple and applying it to learning
about direct medical care. It is a perfect fit for a
new generation of medical students."
- Craig Hoesley, M.D., associate dean for medical education at UAB
UAB LIVE TWEETS SURGERY
● Allows for more characters in a post.
● Can create corresponding QR codes.
● Works across all platforms.
○ # of clicks
○ Breakdown by hour
○ Location of clicks
○ Who shared it and where
○ % of clicks from your link versus other links to the