live (DITA or other XML) documents
WHO’S TALKING ?
Jang F.M. Graat ( the geek philosopher )
WHY VOTE FOR ME ?
• Great slides, few words, getting a clear message across
• Excellent presentation skills (average 9 out of 10)
• Thought-provoking material, reality tested
Over the past 25 years, I have delivered countless well-received
presentations around the globe. I studied Physics, Psychology
and Philosophy and use all my background knowledge to come
up with truly innovative ideas and strong concepts.There is
simply no box I can think inside of. What is a box, anyway ?
WHAT IS THE TALK ABOUT ?
rethinking / redesigning the publication process
CONTENT ≠ SOFTWARE
• Copying strategies from development depts. is not wise
• Content can be much more ﬂexible, i.e. much faster
• Adaptive responsive design is a natural way to show content
Why would you organize sprints, appoint scrum masters and
implement automated builds for content ? Does anyone do this
for the stuff that appears on social media ? And might there be
good reasons why the internet is not automatically (re-)built
every night ? Content does not need agile methodologies.
TOO MUCH OVERHEAD
editing in and publishing from CCMS databases
FORGET AGILE, GO LIVE !!!
• Content does not need to be published as a whole
• Content users are only going to see one page, anyway
• True adaptive design means on-demand adaptive publishing
With modern technologies, it has become feasible to postpone
the “publishing” process to the moment when content is
requested.At that moment, you have all the knowledge about
the content user and the device on which he/she needs the
content.This allows a perfect match and lean publishing.
live (DITA or other XML) docs, publish on demand
LIVE + OUT OF CONTROL
my 2 proposals are complementary, so why not vote for both ?
with enough votes, the organizers might give me 2 slots.