It is the most important castle in the Czech republic. It's in the center of
Prague on top of the Opyš hill. It also includes the Cathedral of St. Vít.
In the 9. century it was the residence of princes, later on kings, and
finally from 1918 it's the seat of the president. Twice it became the seat
of the Roman emperor.
It is a Gothic castle founded in 1348 by king Charles IV. Crown Jewels
used to be there. It is in central Bohemia. It is one of the most visited
sights in the Czech republic. The most interesting part of the whole
castle is the Chapel of the Holy Cross.
It is a town in southern Bohemia. The most beautiful sight of the whole
city is the castle of the same name, which is also on the list of
UNESCO. A lot of famous people lived here, including famous Czech
composer Bedřich Smetana. (Žil zde český skladatel Bedřich Smetana
a mnoho dalších významných osobností.) The town was first
mentioned in documents from 1253. The word "Český" means "Czech".
Rotunda sv. Jiří na
It's located on Mount Říp. The first
mention of this building dates from
the 1126th. It is not only dedicated
to Saint George (sv. Jiří), as well
as the patron of the Czech land,
St. Adalbert. Since the 19th
century there are two paintings of
St.George fighting a dragon, which
were being repaired between 1869
Astronomical Clock or Prague
Astronomical Clock is a medieval
astronomical clock. It is located on the
south side of the Old Town Hall tower
in Prague. There are two windows in
which apostles move. It was built in
1410 by the clockmaker Mikuláš of
Kadaň. It is on the UNESCO list.
According to a legend, the city was founded in 1099. The first written
mention dates from 1315. In 1386 a fire destroyed a big part of the city.
Its long arcades are very interesting. It is located in the Highlands
The Lednice chateau is located in the village Lednice on the banks of
the river Dyje. It belongs among the most beautiful castles in the Czech
Republic. It was rebuilt by the family of Liechtenstein in the 18th and 19
century. There are also large gardens and a historic greenhouse. It
belongs to the list of UNESCO.