PARTS OF APARTS OF A
Output DevicesOutput Devices
1. An input device with a set of1. An input device with a set of
typewriter like keys thattypewriter like keys that
enables you to enter data.enables you to enter data.
2. The standard lay-out of the2. The standard lay-out of the
3. An input devices that controls3. An input devices that controls
the movement of the cursor.the movement of the cursor.
OUTPUT DEVICESOUTPUT DEVICES
•Is any peripheral deviceIs any peripheral device
that presents, displays,that presents, displays,
alters, or records outputalters, or records output
after it has left aafter it has left a
computer’s system.computer’s system.
DATA INTODATA INTO
• IS THE MOST POPULARIS THE MOST POPULAR
OUTPUT DEVICE, IT RECIEVESOUTPUT DEVICE, IT RECIEVES
SIGNALS FROM A VIDEO CARDSIGNALS FROM A VIDEO CARD
INSIDE OF THE SYSTEM UNITINSIDE OF THE SYSTEM UNIT
AND GIVES THE USER AAND GIVES THE USER A
GRAPHICAL OR TEXTUALGRAPHICAL OR TEXTUAL
OLD AND MODERN MONITOROLD AND MODERN MONITOR
• CATHODE RAY TUBE (CRT)CATHODE RAY TUBE (CRT) • LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAYLIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY
• CREATE IMAGES ON PAPER,CREATE IMAGES ON PAPER,
PLASTIC, CLOTH AND OTHERPLASTIC, CLOTH AND OTHER
PRINT MEDIA USINGPRINT MEDIA USING
TEACHNOLOGIES LIKE INKTEACHNOLOGIES LIKE INK
TRANSFER, HEAT TRANSFER,TRANSFER, HEAT TRANSFER,
CHEMICAL REACTIONS, ANDCHEMICAL REACTIONS, AND
PHYSICAL FORCE.PHYSICAL FORCE.
Types of PrintersTypes of Printers
• Laser Printers-Laser Printers- uses toner anduses toner and
internal laser to print. The mostinternal laser to print. The most
popular is HP (Hewlett Packard.popular is HP (Hewlett Packard.
Most laser printers offer excellentMost laser printers offer excellent
printing capability. The averageprinting capability. The average
laser printers prints in black.laser printers prints in black. ColorColor
laser printers are about three tolaser printers are about three to
four times the cost of one colorfour times the cost of one color
laser printers.laser printers.
INKJET OR BUBBLE JETINKJET OR BUBBLE JET
• USES INK TO PRINT. USUALLYUSES INK TO PRINT. USUALLY
ARE AVAILABLE IN COLOR. THEARE AVAILABLE IN COLOR. THE
QUALITY OF THE PRINT ISQUALITY OF THE PRINT IS
DETERMINED BY THEDETERMINED BY THE DPI (DotsDPI (Dots
Per Inch).Per Inch). The higher the DPIThe higher the DPI
resolution the better quality of theresolution the better quality of the
print. This is based on the number ofprint. This is based on the number of
dots that the printer can draw withindots that the printer can draw within
one square inch.one square inch.
DOT-MATRIX PRINTERDOT-MATRIX PRINTER
• CREATES CHARACTERS BYCREATES CHARACTERS BY
STRIKING PINS AGAINTS ANSTRIKING PINS AGAINTS AN
INK RIBBON. EACH PININK RIBBON. EACH PIN
MAKES A DOT, ANDMAKES A DOT, AND
COMBINATIONS OF DOTSCOMBINATIONS OF DOTS
FORM CHARACTERS ANDFORM CHARACTERS AND
PRINTERS ARE ALSOPRINTERS ARE ALSO
CLASSIFIED BY THE FF.CLASSIFIED BY THE FF.
• QUALITY OF TYPE: the outputQUALITY OF TYPE: the output
should be either letter quality, nearshould be either letter quality, near
letter quality, or draft quality.letter quality, or draft quality.
• SPEED: measured by characters perSPEED: measured by characters per
second (cps) or pages per minutesecond (cps) or pages per minute
(ppm), the speed of printers varies(ppm), the speed of printers varies
• IMPACTIMPACT: impact printers include all: impact printers include all
printers that work by striking an inkprinters that work by striking an ink
ribbon, like daisy wheel, dot-matrix,ribbon, like daisy wheel, dot-matrix,
and line printers.and line printers.
• NON IMPACT-NON IMPACT- non impact printersnon impact printers
include laser printers and ink jetinclude laser printers and ink jet
• The differences between impact andThe differences between impact and
non-impact printers is that impactnon-impact printers is that impact
printers areprinters are much noisier.much noisier.
OTHER OUTPUT DEVICESOTHER OUTPUT DEVICES
• HEADPHONE PROJECTORHEADPHONE PROJECTOR
It is another version of
speaker that is worn in or
over the ears to hear audio
It allows the information to be displayed on the
big screen so that the projected information can
be seen in larger image.
END OF THE LESSONEND OF THE LESSON
Thanks for ListeningThanks for Listening
TEST YOUR SELFTEST YOUR SELF
• An output device that convert data intoAn output device that convert data into
• Gives the user the graphical or textualGives the user the graphical or textual
• Create images on paper or other printCreate images on paper or other print
• A printer that uses ink to print.A printer that uses ink to print.
• Printing speed is measured in cps or ppm.Printing speed is measured in cps or ppm.
What is cps and ppm?What is cps and ppm?
• What is the difference betweenWhat is the difference between
input devices and output devices.input devices and output devices.
Explain your answer by uploadingExplain your answer by uploading
photos of both devices.photos of both devices.
• See all the presentation postedSee all the presentation posted
on the School ICT Facebookon the School ICT Facebook