Can a Healthy Diet Help You Stay Sober?
Riviera Recovery is a sober living program led by a team of dedicated and
experienced addiction specialists. We can teach you important resources and skills
that will help you stay sober.
Can a healthy diet, in addition to other mindful practices and positive habits, help you
● Studies show that junk food is related to depression. People who eat low-quality
food are around 79% more likely to suffer from depression.
● Additionally, recent studies showcase that people who eat diets with high rates
of trans fat are about 40% more likely to be depressed.
● Many people believe that alkaline water can soothe ailments such as acid
reflux. It can also help neutralize acid in the bloodstream which increases
oxygen levels and provides more energy, anti-aging, and cleanses the colon.
● Eating organic food helps get rid of contaminated material in your body.
● Healthy eating, revolving around a plant-based diet, can sometimes help you
stay sober by making you feel mentally positive.
● Incorporating vitamins and minerals into your diet increases your ability to stay
sober because your body is not missing out on those important organic
compounds that have been depleted due to drug and alcohol abuse.
Riviera Recovery is dedicated to helping you or your loved one stay sober. To learn
more about our sober living program please call 866-451-3609 or visit our website at
6531 Zumirez Drive
Malibu, CA, 90265