There are many variations of passages of lorem
ipsum available, but the majority have suffered
in some form, by injected humour
THE KEY IS ALWAYS YOU!
Portal Server 2001
Portal Server 2003
Cloud and Enterprise
What’s new in the latest
version of SharePoint?
• Search for sensitive content in your existing
eDiscovery Center, keeping content in place and
enabling you to search in real time.
• Credit Card Numbers, SSN, Bank Account
Numbers, Passports (51 total information types!)
• You can search across SharePoint 2016, One Drive
for Business and SharePoint Online!
Find that information before it’s too late!
Deep content analysis with the DLP classification engine integrated with
DLP Policies and templates to automatically protect content
Policy Tips and end-user email notifications to inform users when
content is affected by a policy
Admin notifications when sensitive content is detected
DLP Queries and templates to simplify searches for sensitive information
• Resource-based URLs now retain links when
documents are renamed or moved in SharePoint.
• No more broken links when someone changes a
document in another folder or renames the file!
**** Requires Office Online Server ***
No more bad links!
• Only works with Office Documents
• 10GB by default, can go higher!
• Completely new upload system for faster uploads
• Can set limit Per Web Application
No more 2047 limit!
Friendly Navigation in SharePoint 2016 Library even
when on Mobile devices!
Out of the Box!
• Open Document Format
• More Supported Special characters
• Better Recycle Bin
• Improved Information Rights Management
• No more SharePoint Foundation 2016!
• Either stay on 2013 or go Online!
Go big or go home
• No Version of SharePoint Designer & InfoPath
• 2013 Versions will work with 2016
The following Excel Services functionality has been
• Trusted data providers
• Trusted file locations
• Trusted data connection libraries
• Unattended service account
• Excel Services Windows PowerShell cmdlets
• Opening of Excel workbooks from SharePoint Central
Available with Office Online Server:
• Viewing and editing Excel workbooks in a browser (with
or without the Data Model)
• Excel Web Access web part for SharePoint
• ODC file support (no longer requires Data Connection
Defined Function Assemblies, SOAP and REST protocol
• Power Pivot Gallery
• Scheduled Data Refresh
• Using another workbook's Data Model
as a data source
• Power View reports (standalone or
embedded in Excel workbooks)
• Power View Subscriptions and Report
• Power Pivot Management Dashboard
• BISM Link support
SQL 2016 CTP 3.1 Only
It’s a Server…
It’s a Cloud….
It’s SharePoint Hybrid!
• Sites followed by users, whether on-prem or
online, will show up at the same place.
Seamless Integration between Cloud and Server
Redirect User Profiles to Office 365 Profile powered
One Profile to rule them all
• Once you enable this feature, you’ll see the Office
365 Delve and Video apps, along with your
custom Office 365 tiles, appear in your
SharePoint Server 2016 Beta 2 app launcher
• The Extensible Hybrid App Launcher is a SharePoint
Server 2016 Beta 2 feature that requires Office
365 functionality which is scheduled to roll out
during December 2015 and January 2016.
• This feature is enabled as part of hybrid sites
features in SharePoint Server 2016 Beta 2.
Make the integration between SharePoint & Office 365 seamless
• 1-5TB Per User
• Accessible from everywhere
• Seamless Integration
Personal Documents Accessed from anywhere!
• It is a new type of Search SSA
• Same crawler as before, but the search index is
moved to the cloud.
• Documents stay on-premises.
• All communication is encrypted.
Find content easy, wherever the content lives.
• Reduced on-premises infrastructure cost by hosting
most search components in the cloud
• The Office 365 team keeps search running and up-
to-date for you, 24/7
• Brings together on-premises and cloud
collaboration like never before with Delve
• Smoother search experience, even during migration
The road to the best version
of SharePoint Server ever!
Often the best way to measure employee engagement
and collaboration levels is just to ask them
Visit us at www.intlock.com - free trial
and personal demo
Tweet us: @cardiolog
Join our readers at blog.intlock.com