• An output device communicates data and
information from the computer to the user
• Consider the number of different output
devices incorporated into your mobile phone -
how many can you come up with?
• To understand the hardware components that
make up networked computer systems.
• To be able to explain how they interact, and how
they affect cost and performance.
• Working in pairs and using digital
cameras, take photos of the different output
devices that we use in school - many of them
will be in your classroom right now, but you
might be able to find others elsewhere - what
• Remember to get your planner signed if you
want to take photos outside the classroom!
• Using the photos that you have taken, create a
PowerPoint about output devices.
• The main thing is to try and include as many
different varieties of output device as you
Go to http://www.wordle.net Create a Wordle Cloud
using all the different output devices that you and the
rest of the class have discovered today.
Take a screen shot of the Wordle Cloud and paste into
Open up http://www.doink.com/ Create a doink
animation all about the output devices that you have
covered this lesson, then link it to your PowerPoint.
In pairs you have 2 minutes to share one thing
you have learnt in today’s lesson and how it will
That’s 1 minute each to talk about what you
have learnt in todays lesson.