Identify one club in the NBA (America) – I want to know what you can ﬁnd out about them!!! Everything you can ﬁt into one page! Chicago Bulls www.100x100nba.wordpress.comMy favorite team is Chicago Bulls. It was my favorite team, and my favorite player wasMichael Jordan. He was really good player ever. He was born in February 17, 1963. Hehad nicknames and there are Air jordan and His Airness. He was one of the bestdefensive player in basketball. He won his ﬁrst NBA championship with the bulls, andfollowed that achievement with titles 1992 and 1993. He got NBA Defensive player of theyear award in 1998. He moved to Washington Wizards in 2001. There was a nameScottie Pippen. He is always get hurt every game and he was good ball handler. He wasreally good passer than others. There was name Joakim Noah. He isn’t the most skilledshooter and rarely make plays in a set.http://www.wbez.org/blog/justin-kaufmann/2011-03-07/2011-chicago-bulls-comparing-player-player-mj-squads-glory-years-834http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan
2) Within your country can you ﬁnd out the following about Basketball: a) What is the name of the Basketball league? KBL (Korean Basketball League) b) Who plays in the league? c) Who has won the league? d) Who have been the outstanding players? Park Shang Ho e) What are the main cities that they play in? Go yang, Busan, Seoul, An Yang, Inch eon, Chang Won, Jeon Ju, Won Ju, U San f) Which countries do they play against? Nonehttp://search.naver.com/search.naver?sm=tab_hty&where=nexearch&ie=utf8&query=프로농구&x=0&y=0http://search.naver.com/search.naver?where=nexearch&query=%B3%F3%B1%B8%BC%B1%BC%F6+%B9%DA%BB%F3%BF%C0&sm=tab_etc
3) There is a Basketball world cup!!a) For Men name all the world champions and what year 1950: Argentina 1954: United States 1959: Brazil 1963: Brazil 1967: Soviet Union 1970: Yugoslavia 1974: Soviet Union 1978: Yugoslavia 1982: Soviet Union 1986: United States 1990: Yugoslavia 1994: United States 1998: FR Yugoslavia 2002: FR Yugoslavia 2006: Spain 2010: United Statesb) For Women name all the world champions and what year 1976: Soviet Union 1980: Soviet Union 1984: United States
1988: United States 1992: Uniﬁed team 1996: United States 2000: United States 2004: United states 2008: United Statesc) For Men name all the Olympic Champions and what year 1936: United States 1948: United States 1952: United States 1956: United States 1960: United States 1964: United States 1968: United States 1972: Soviet Union 1980: Yugoslavia 1984: United States 1988: Soviet Union 1992: United States 1996: United States 2000: United States 2004: Argentina
2008: United Statesd) For Women name all the Olympic Champions and what year 1976: Soviet Union 1980: Soviet Union 1984: United States 1988: United States 1992: Uniﬁed team 1996: United States 2000: United States 2004: United States 2008: United States e) Name all the venues that have hosted men’s basketball world cups Buenos Aries Rio de Janeiro Montevideo! Ljubljana! San Juan! Manila! Cali! Madrid! Toronto
! Athens! Indianapolis! Saitima! Istanbulf) Name all the venues that have hosted women’s basketball world cups Montreal Moscow Los Angeles Seoul Barcelona Atlanta Sydney Athens Beijing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_at_the_Summer_Olympics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_World_Championship http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Womens_basketball
7) In China there is a professional leaguea) Name all the teams involved b) Which team does Yao Ming play for now Houston Rocketsc) Give details about the team from Beijing – is there one?? The Bayi Rockets have a long history that predates the currently-existingCBA. When they entered the CBA in its inaugural season in 1995–1996, they hadalready won 34 national titles. The Bayi Rockets dominated the CBA in its earlieryears, winning no less than seven championships in the ﬁrst eight years of theCBA, including the ﬁrst six CBA championships in a row, and the ﬁrst ﬁve ofthose without losing a single playoff match. They also had a home-gameunbeaten streak of 65 games that ended in 2002. In recent years, however, otherCBA teams have become more competitive, and Bayi has won only onechampionship in the last four seasons (as of the end of the 2004–2005 season).
d) In the 2008 Beijing Olympics list the positions in the men’s tournament e) In the 2008 Beijing Olympics list the positions in the women’s tournament f) In the 2008 Paralympics list the positions in the men’s tournament
g) In the 2008 Paralympics list the positions in the women’s tournamenthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yao_Minghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayi_Rocketshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheelchair_basketball_at_the_2008_Summer_Paralympicshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympicshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Basketball_Association#Team_names5) Lastly – draw a picture of a Basketball court – all dimensions please!! produnkhoops.com
• Draw/Obtain a diagram of a volleyball court –with all dimensions (measurements) sportspectator.com On a separate diagram place the six positions on the court • In the Olympics there have been 12 winners for men and 12 winners for women – who are they? Men 1964: Soviet Union 1968: Soviet Union 1972: Japan 1976: Poland 1980: Soviet Union 1984: United States 1988: United States 1992: Brazil 1996: Netherlands 2000: Yugoslavia 2004: Brazil 2008: United States Women 1964: Japan 1968: Soviet Union 1972: Soviet Union 1976: Japan
1980: Soviet Union 1984: China 1988: Soviet union 1992: Cuba 1996: Cuba 2000: Cuba 2004: China 2008: Brazil http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volleyball_at_the_Summer_Olympics • Give the deﬁnition for the following 11 terms:Rotation: The locations are your starting positions, meaning that is where youstart before the ball is served. Each player, with the exception of the liberowill rotate to each position on the court, both front row and back row.Setter: has the task for orchestrating the offense of the team. They aim for secondtouch and their main responsibility is to place the ball in the air where theattackers can place the ball into the opponents court for a point. They have to beable to operate with the hitters, manage the tempo of their side of the court andchoose the right attackers to set. Setters need to have swift and skillful appraisaland tactical accuracy, and must be quick at moving around the court. Spike: A player approaches the ball using basic four (or three) stepapproach to generate high forward speed. A player redirects thatspeed into the upward energy by jumping up to the air. Created speed,arm action of the jump and powerful jump are important factors inlifting the player up.Dig: Digging is the ability to prevent the ball from touching ones court after aspike or attack, particularly a ball that is nearly touching the ground. In manyaspects, this skill is similar to passing, or bumping.Ace: When the ball lands directly onto the court or travels outside the court afterbeing touched by an opponent.
Kill: A game played by two teams on a rectangular court divided by a highnet, in which both teams use up to three hits to ground the ball on theopposing teams side of the net.Double Hit: A variation of quick hit where two hitters, one in front and one behindthe setter or both in front of the setter, jump to perform a quick hit at the sametime. It can be used to deceive opposite blockers and free a fourth hitterattacking from backcourt, maybe without block at all.Liberos: Are defensive players who are responsible for receiving the attack orserve. They are usually the players on the court with the quickest reaction timeand best passing skills. Libero means free as they have the ability to substitutefor any other player on the court during each play. Liberos wear a different colorjersey than their teammates.Pass: Also called reception, the pass is the attempt by a team to properly handle theopponents serve, or any form of attack. Proper handling includes not only preventingthe ball from touching the court, but also making it reach the position where the setter isstanding quickly and precisely.Set: The set is usually the second contact that a team makes with the ball. The maingoal of setting is to put the ball in the air in such a way that it can be driven by an attackinto the opponents court. The setter coordinates the offensive movements of a team,and is the player who ultimately decides which player will actually attack the ball. Side out: When the other team has the ball and you get the ball backhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volleyball#Passhttp://volleyball.about.com/od/coaching/ss/Rotation.htmhttp://www.volleyballadvisors.com/volleyball-spike.htmlhttp://www.answers.com/topic/beach-volleyballhttp://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_side_out_means_in_volleyball
•Using diagrams explain how to do the following skillsServe: flickr.comDig: ballinatdabeach.comSet: wix.comSpike: mylot.comWhat is the height of the net for men and women? (metric – in metres)Men: 7 11 5/8"Women: 7 4 1/8"http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070723083755AA2DSfp
Identify one club in the EPL (English Premier League) – I want to know what you can ﬁnd outabout them!!! Everything you can ﬁt into one page!Manchester United Football Club is an English professional football club, basedin Old Trafford, Greater Manchester, that plays in the Premier League. ManchesterUnited has won the most trophies in English football, including a record 19 leaguetitles, a record 11FA cups four League Cups and 19 FA Community shields. Theclub has also won three European cups, one UEFA cups winners cup, one UEFASuper cup , one Intercontinental cup and oneFIFA club world cup. In 1998-99, theclub won a "Treble" of the Premier League, the FA Cup and the UEFA ChampionsLeague, an unprecedented feat for an English club. Manchester United is one of thewealthiest and most widely supported football teams in the world. As of July 2011,the club is number one in Forbes magazines annual ranking of the worlds 50 mostvaluable sports teams, valued at $1.86 billion.After being ﬂoated on the LondonStock Exchange in 1991, the club was purchased by Malcolm Glazer in May 2005in a deal valuing the club at almost £800 million.
2) Within your own country can you ﬁnd out the following about Soccer: a) What is the name of the Soccer league? K league b) Who plays in the league? c) Who has won the league?
d) Who have been the outstanding players? Woo Sung-Yong e) What are the main cities that they play in? f) Which countries do they play against? None3) Soccer world cup!! a) For Men name all the world champions and what year 1930 Uruguay 1934 Italy 1938 Italy 1950 Uruguay 1954 West Germany 1958 Brazil 1962 Brazil
1966 England1970 Brazil1974 West Germany1978 Argentina1982 Italy1986 Argentina1990 West Germany1994 Brazil1998 France2002 Brazil2006 Italy2010 Spainb) For Women name all the world champions and what year1991 United States1995 Norway1999 United States2003 Germany2007 Germany2011 Japanc) For Men name all the Olympic Champions and what year1990 Upton Park1904 Galt1908 Great Britain1912 Great Britain1920 Belgium
1924 Uruguay1928 Uruguay1936 Italy1948 Sweden1952 Hungary1956 Soviet Union1960 Yugoslavia1964 Hungary1968 Hungary1972 Poland1976 East Germany1980 Czechoslovakia1984 France1988 Soviet Union1992 Spain1996 Nigeria2000 Cameroon2004 Argentina2008 Argentinad) For Women name all the Olympic Champions and what year1996 United States2000 Norway2004 United States2008 United States
e) Name all the venues that have hosted men’s soccer world cupsf) Name all the venues that have hosted women’s soccer world cups
4) In China there is a professional Soccer league a) Name all the teams involved
b) Give details about the team from Beijing – is there one??Beijing Guoan Football Club Their current home stadium is Workers stadium and the Fengtaistadium. The current head coach is Jaime Pacheco and the clubs general manager is LiXiaoming . In 2010, Guoan ﬁnished a disappointing 5th place and, thus, missed out on an AsianChampions League spot. Beijing Guoan is one of the most noticeable Chinese football clubs witha signiﬁcant holding by Chinese state-owned enterprises. Chinese governmental departmentssuch as the Beijing Sports Bureau has made subsidies to the club on several occasions, the mostrecent being for 20 million RMB , announced in January 2009. c) In the 2008 Beijing Olympics list the positions in the men’s tournament
d) In the 2008 Beijing Olympics list the positions in the women’s tournament
5) Lastly – draw a picture of a Soccer pitch – all dimensions please!! Bibliographyabdullaalkamali.comhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-Leaguehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cuphttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Women%27s_World_Cuphttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_Summer_Olympics#Women.27s_resultshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_Guoanhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympicshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Men%27s_tournamenthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Women%27s_tournamenthighlandbaptist.cacksinfo.com