Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
What we’ll cover
2. 2016-17: summary of activities from the JUSP team
3. Using JUSP eBook data at the Open University - Alison Brock
4. Using JUSP andTrello to track e-resource renewal decisions – Mitchell Dunkley, De Montfort
5. Sharing current practice (Group activity)
7. Looking forward – future developments
8. JUSP data visualisation and hands on
9. Using JUSP and visualising data using PowerBI - Amanda Swann, Manchester Metropolitan
10. Doing more with JUSP usage data (Group activity)
11. Final questions and reflections on the day
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 3
»What would you like to learn today?
»What is your favourite thing about JUSP?
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 4
2016-17: summary of activities from the
What have we been up to?
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 5
»More publishers and reports
»Working with publishers to
»Case studies and use cases
»Data visualisations usingTableau
»4 webinars and 3 workshops
»Attended events and conference
»Overseas consortia and
»Single JUSP SUSHI server
»E-books usage data research
»Set up 14 new libraries
»Restated lots of data
»Supported Jisc Collections
»Kept JUSP running!
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 6
JUSP Case Studies
Using JUSP data to
• Using JUSP to assess the effectiveness of the discovery service
at City, University of London
• Aston University’s use of JUSP to monitor changes in usage
Using JUSP to
support renewal and
• How De Montfort University used JUSP to increase the value
and relevance of its e-journal collection
• Integration of JUSP data into King’s College London’s e-usage
Using JUSP’s SUSHI
server with statistical
packages and tools
• Using JUSP with Alma at the Open University
• The use of JUSP with EBSCO Usage Consolidation at the
University of Liverpool
• The advantages of importing JUSP into 360 COUNTER at
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 7
JUSP e-book usage stats research
»Conyers, A. et al., (2017). E-book usage: counting the
challenges and opportunities. Insights. 30(2), pp.23–30.
› DOI: http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.370
»Full report will be available on the JUSP website
»Opportunities and actions
E-book usage: counting the challenges and
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 8
Using JUSP eBook data at the Open University
Alison Brock,The Open University
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 9
Using JUSP andTrello to track e-resource renewal
Mitchell Dunkley, De Montfort University
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 10
Sharing current practice
How are you using JUSP?
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 11
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 12
»In small groups discuss the range of ways you use the data
in JUSP (15-20 minutes)
› Share an example of how you have recently used JUSP
– What was the purpose?
– Which reports and features did you use?
– Do others use JUSP in the same way?
– Are there different approaches to get to the same information/outcome?
› Summarise in flipchart and share with the group
– What are the common themes?
– Are there common or preferred approaches?
– Did you learn anything new or pick up any ideas?
Data visualisations in JUSP
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 18
Data visualisation in JUSP
»What do you like/dislike?
»How will you use these?
Testing and feedback
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 19
Using JUSP and visualising data using PowerBI
Amanda Swann, Manchester Metropolitan University
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 20
Doing more with JUSP and usage data
What would you like to do with JUSP and usage data over
the next year?
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 21
What are your plans and priorities for JUSP and usage data?
»Over the next year I want to…
› For example, ‘start using turnaway data’, ‘make more use of the JR5’, ‘do a major review of e-
»Write ideas on post-it note and stick on wall (5 minutes)
»Sort into themes, pick 4 topics and break into groups to
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 22
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 23
Why do you
want to do this?
What are the
What steps do
you need to
How can JUSP
Themes from today
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 24
»Integrating usage data and JUSP in your workflows
»Sharing and presenting data
»Making more use of the additional reports in JUSP
Have we covered everything?
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 25
Reminder of action
As a result of attending I want to:
13/07/2017 JUSP workshop 26
Welcome to sessions Introduce ourselves House keeping bit Set out the format for the day
Be the first to like this
Number of Embeds
You have now unlocked unlimited access to 20M+ documents!
Learn faster and smarter from top experts
Download to take your learnings offline and on the go
You also get free access to Scribd!
Instant access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts and more.
Read and listen offline with any device.
Free access to premium services like Tuneln, Mubi and more.