BRIEF JOB REQUIREMENT for SALES ENGINEER:1- Covered market areas: Utilities, telecom and industrial applications within Canada and (occasionally) in US / Int’l.2- Direct technical sales and representation to utilities, telecom and other industrial market areas to support and expand customer base, market share and distribution network.3- Location: Vancouver.4- Sales forecast for balance of 2011 to be generated and mutually agreed upon ASAP.5- Total proposed annual base salary. less applicable deductions plus commissions on sales; following the standard probationary period of three months, employee will be entitled to 1.0 to 2.5% commissions on firm and settled orders.7- Total monthly vehicle allowance will be agreed in lieu of vehicle use. In addition, fuel reimbursement relative to visits outside the Greater Vancouver area (not commute to/from office) will be calculated on the basis of consumption.8- Standard medical coverage (self-managed) will apply following the standard 3 month probationary period. Details of such coverage will be provided for file.9- Reimbursement of personal cell phone usage or a competitive cell phone package will be provided during engagement.10- Business related and travel expenses budgeted for and executed will be reimbursed.Company has been engaged in engineering and integrating DC and AC power back up for over 25 years. It has presenceand references in Canada, the US and thru Cyprus in the ME. The recent sales manager moved on with mutual agreementas his technical knowledge did not improve during the past couple years. My plan is to recruit a sales specialist to managedirect sales and distributors to maintain and expand momentum.
• Job ID #1949•• Senior ASP.NET Developer• North Vancouver•• $50-$80K•• Our client is looking for an outstanding ASP.NET Senior Developer who will join their energetic, dynamic and agile Developing team to work on our cutting-edge Platform-As-A-Service web application. Skills and Experience: - Strong hands-on experience in ASP .NET, C# technologies and MVC framework - Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Principles and Design Patterns - Experience in client-server model, service-oriented architecture principles & lifecycle (SOA) - Experience in Enterprise level high-performance and scalable systems - Relational database experience in SQL - Test-driven development experience is a plus - Experience in refactoring within a legacy system is a plus - Experience in designing SaaS, PaaS models is a plus - Working in Agile environment is a plus Role/Responsibilities - Work in a fast-paced Agile Production environment with rapid release cycles - Analyze and implement new functionality using ASP.NET MVC framework - Be part of and contribute to Agile team culture: collaboration, transparency, continuous improvement
Software Support Analyst Level II:Rapidly expanding and progressive company located in BC. The health care software products we create and maintain are used in universities, hospitals,and group practices throughout North America and Europe.Ideal candidates will have:Minimum 2 years experience in a second level software support environment.Strong verbal and written communication skills.Advanced PL/SQL Query, Package, Procedure, Function, View and Trigger writing skills.A degree in Computer Science or a diploma in Information Technology.Experience with Crystal Reports.Duties Will Include:Designing, creating and debugging PL/SQL Queries, Packages, Procedures, Functions, Views and Triggers.Replicate issues reported by clients and work with QA and Development to deliver solutions.Perform data management for clients including database changes required for software updates, data correction, data conversion, data importing andmanipulation.Document actions taken on support incidents, logging resolutions in a clear and concise manner.Provide 2nd or 3rd level customer support via email and/or phone.Skills and experience:Experience with PL/SQL and Oracle.Verbal and written communication skills.Customer support experience.Advanced diagnostic, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.Proficiency in delivering technical support, multi-tasking and working under pressure.Crystal Reports experience.Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position: COO (Chief Operating Officer) Vancouver BC Salary: $225,000 salary + full benefitsCompany ProfileEstablished in the mid-90s, this leading digital media company has developed a reputation as the leading innovator of on-demand production of personalizedproducts using consumer media.With 19,000 retail locations worldwide, they have a network spanning across the globe.DescriptionWe are seeking a talented Chief Operating Officer to help shape and guide the future growth of this rapidly growing organization. The COO will overseeoperations of the company including information technology, strategic planning, policies and programs. The position directs a staff of approximately 140employees with an operating budget in the high millions.RoleImplement goals, objectives, policies and proceduresOversee reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metricsFinancial oversight and monitoringProvide guidance and leadership Requirements3+ years’ experience as COO or equivalent in a successful software company with 100+ employees.10 years of experience in the information technology industryExceptional leadership capabilities with an established reputation in developing a team environment with strong performance resultsDirect short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business goalsDemonstrate successful execution of business strategies for company products and servicesEstablish the performance goals, allocate resources, and assess policies for senior managementAbility to assess business objectives, diagnose problems and understand high priority issuesHigh level of personal initiative, setting and achieving challenging goalsHighly presentable with outstanding communication skillsTechnically astute and accomplishedSkills should include organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development and strategic planningExcellent people skills with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership teamPersonal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitmentAbility to multi-task, can work within an ambitious, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
• Lead Analyst / Data Analyst / Web Analyst Lead / Sr. Statistical Analyst• Summary:• This role is responsible for leading the Statistics team, mentoring team members and designing and developing reports on company performance, and communicating insights to management.• Responsibilities:• Administer web analytics environment, including server maintenance and collaboration with the development team to design tagging strategies for new feature releases• Develop guidelines, standards, and processes for the development of custom reporting tools• Assist the Business Intelligence Tools Developer(s) with implementation of agreed-upon solutions, ensuring compliance with departmental coding standards• Liaise with other development teams to identify and resolve production system issues related to data integrity, ensuring the issues are properly documented and followed in the JIRA task management system• Optimize data structures for statistical analysis• Integrate data feeds from external partners (such as transaction feeds from credit card processors)• Gather and analyze web site and financial performance data to prepare regular reports for management• Author Executive Summaries to identify and clearly communicate meaningful trends or changes in KPIs• Audit financial data for the purposes of reconciliation and risk monitoring• Analyze user behaviour to make proposals for improvements to web site experience and/or navigation• Assist other department staff with report generation tasks and review their work for accuracy• Assist with the formalization and documentation of departmental procedures• Use available data to assist the development team in troubleshooting software bugs• Conduct routine maintenance of databases and analysis tools• Design report visualizations (including charts and graphs)• Other duties as assigned• Job Requirements:• A minimum of 2 years experience with relational database development, with a solid understanding of SQL, database design, and optimization (MySQL preferred)• Strong leadership abilities• Ability to manage timelines and prioritize effectively• Excellent problem-solving skills• A minimum of 1 year experience in application development (PHP language skills preferred)
• Summary:• Reporting to the CTO and working along side our Senior Systems Team Lead this is a leadership role responsible for the overall technical management, operations, ongoing maintenance and support of our large scale production websites and networks.• Role:• Chief responsibility over office systems and networks.• Keep infrastructure costs under control, suggesting areas of savings and following controlled spending and purchase tracking processes. Create processes where none exist as required.• Maintain vendor relationships, as required, for technical infrastructure of office and website systems.• Work directly with the Development Team Leads and Project Management in managing projects for the website.• Working directly with Senior Management, participate in planning and project discussions for various websites.• Analyze and assess areas of risk to systems and recommend/implement changes as appropriate to the business.• Continuously assess network and systems security, ensuring a high level of systems data security is maintained overall. Report concerns directly to the CTO.• Perform systems and network architectural design for the site’s network, including capacity planning, hardware, infrastructure, software integration, OS and software performance tuning, etc, based on performance requirements.• Work directly with the development team on technical designs for various development projects, and provide final sign-off/approval for release to production.• Provide technical consultation and support to Development Team as required.• Act as single point of escalation office issues, interfacing with required resources to see issues are resolved in a timely manner.• Effectively manage risk, including monitoring, system redundancy and backups based on business requirements and acceptable risk.• Supervise, coach, motivate and inspire team members to maintain healthy group dynamics while maintaining company directives and policies.• Provide technical assistance and consultation as required to all areas of the company, including Project Management, Sales, Quality Assurance, Accounting, Customer Service, Operations, Development and Systems departments.• Perform outside technical consultation as directed by the CTO.• Perform special tasks and projects company-wide, as assigned by the CTO.• Responsibilities:• Daily technical supervision of Systems Administration staff.• Provide mentoring and technical assistance to Systems Administration staff on a day-to-day basis, as required.• Lead as role model – behavior consistent with verbal directives.• Provide feedback for performance reviews for Technical and Development staff and the various websites.• Facilitate problem solving and collaboration, ensure discussions and make decisions that lead toward closure, intervene when necessary to aid the team in resolving issues.• Other duties as assigned.• Job Requirements:•• Minimum of 7 years experience of management/leadership experience in a technology-oriented organization required.• Strong written and verbal skills.• Strong understanding of software development lifecycle.• Project management experience.• Strong documentation and organizational practices.• Extensive experience with many of these:• OSX / FreeBSD/Ubuntu (Both hardware and Operating Systems)• MySQL, maintenance and troubleshooting• LAN/WAN setup and troubleshooting• Linux-based and other firewall technology• VPNs• Backup technologies• Systems security• Expertise with multiple Web technologies including but not limited to: PHP, HTML, Apache/MySQL,• Send mail protocols• Mac Hardware, both client side and server side.• Knowledge of Open source development & web applications• Exceptional problem determination and creative problem solving skills
Job Description:My client is a leader in the implementation and customization of customer relationship management software for some of North Americas most excitingbusinesses. Their core practice areas fall into the following categories: Sports & Entertainment (Ex. NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA teams); Aerospace &Transportation; Real Estate Development & Marketing; and, General Enterprises (Ex. Fortune 1000 companies).They have offices in Vancouver, BC and Scottsdale, AZ offices are currently looking for experienced consultants to work with our Microsoft Dynamics CRM,Microsoft SharePoint, and .NET Application development teams.In Vancouver, They require skilled .NET developers with strong business analyst skills -- Men and women that can work side-by-side with high profileclients to create a vision of their application and then work with our team to make that vision a reality.We are looking for professionals with the following qualifications: A proven background in working directly with senior executives and end-users to conduct business analysis leading to a system design. Strong development experience within the Microsoft Visual Studio environment in C# .NET (candidates with credentials will be given preference). Deep database knowledge - Candidates must have proven experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2005+. Strong written and verbal English skills.Other assets we will consider: Experience with database marketing systems, any CRM, Microsoft SharePoint, or any enterprise accounting (ERP) system. Afamiliarity with the sports & entertainment, transportation or real estate industries.
• Job 1965• $80-$90K• Coquitlam, BC (GVA)• We are currently seeking a Team Lead to join our Engineering Department. The appointee will play a key role in bringing superior products to market and is expected to propose innovative and practical solutions for our product/hardware applications.• To succeed in this challenging role you will need:• Software Developer/ Engineering experience• 3 years of team Lead experience• Systems design of a product – Good leadership skills and ability to complete projects on your own initiative – Good oral and written communication skills – To be well organized and have systematic approach towards design – Strong problem solving skills with analytical troubleshooting capabilities – 10+ years work experience in software engineering – Strong experience in C, C++, UML modeling – Experience with Windows, PC hardware, MFC, Visual Studio C++, GDI+, OpenGL – Experience with real-time, multi-threaded application design and programming – Knowledge of Windows sockets, serial communication and TCP/IP and UDP/IP protocols• Responsibilities and duties include: – Document software requirements, architecture and design – Prepare proposals, design specifications and development plans and estimates – Take responsibility and ownership for the quality of all deliverables – Coordinate development by interfacing with teams from engineering and other departments – Maintain procedures for software coding, release, version control and bug fixes – Develop, debug software code and participate in system testing – Maintain and support existing products – Develop user and production documentation – Provide technical support to our customers, sales and production departments – May have to travel internationally and work on seagoing vessels• Experience and knowledge in the following areas would be an asset: – Microsoft .Net framework, C#, WPF – Linux programming – Device driver implementation – Agile software development methodology and Scrum process
• Account Executive OTE $125K• With the growing cloud and platform-as-a-service (PaaS) market, we are looking for an energetic, experienced, and hungry Account Executive to grow our business. Reporting to the Director, Sales & Business Development, the Account Executive will be responsible for prospecting, identifying and closing new deals for our platform for creating a private PaaS.• Responsibilities• Prospect, qualify, and acquire new customers in large enterprise accounts• Manage relationships with multiple influencers in a complex sale to successful close new deals• Identify prospects’ current challenges, educate them on our product as a solution• Meet or exceed monthly sales targets for new business by prioritizing and targeting large accounts• Maintain at least 3x revenue target in active quarterly sales funnel• Provide weekly opportunity pipeline and forecast updates through the CRM system• Keep updated on trends and issues in application development and private cloud• Share expertise and best practices with colleagues• Provide feedback from customers and prospects to marketing, product management and engineering colleagues to continually enhance, grow and develop the Company and its products and create additional value for our clients• This is an individual contributor role with no management/supervisory responsibilities• Requirements: Education, Experience, Skills• University degree or college diploma in business or a related field• 5+ years selling IT solutions in a business-to-business (B2B) environment• Experience selling cloud, PaaS, IaaS, or commercial open-source based products• Entrepreneurial approach to sales and the business environment• Strong technical aptitude, and experience selling highly technical solutions• Experience in a formal sales methodology such as Customer Centric Selling, SPIN, other solution selling models• Successful track record closing large deals with long sales cycles in large enterprises• A natural problem solver with the ability to proactively multi-task and manage multiple opportunities and customers• The ability to travel up to 25% internationally (most travel is within North America)• Excellent written and verbal communication skills• Strong work ethic, ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced environment• Highly proficient computer skills including use of CRM• A fun and positive attitude, and a great sense of humor!