• About the book
• About the author
• Gist of book
• Reading Mein Kampf is like listening to Hitler speak at
length about his youth,early days in the Nazi Party,
future plans for Germany, and ideas on politics and
• "Four and a Half Years of Struggle against Lies, Stupidity
• Mein Kampf in not exactly an autobiography
About the book :
About the Author:
Although it is thought of as having been 'written' by
Hitler, Mein Kampf is not a book in the usual sense.
Hitler never actually sat down and pecked at a
typewriter or wrote longhand, but instead dictated it to
Rudolf Hess while pacing around his prison cell in 1923-
24 and later at an inn near germany
Rudolf Walter Richard Hess, was a prominent politician in
Nazi Germany. Appointed Deputy Führer to Adolf Hitler in
1933, he served in this position until 1941, when he flew
solo to Scotland
Born: April 26, 1894, Alexandria, Egypt
Died: August 17, 1987, Spandau
1895 to 1903
• His boyhood was spent under strict discipline and regimentation
of his retired civil servant father..
• Used to read books written by james feuimore and karl Marx.
• This traumatic childhood left an everlasting impression on his mind
• His mother was so pathologically involved with little master adolf.
• Hitler was an intelligent child and his teachers were
quite impressed with his talents.
• For 2 years, Hitler joined a monastery, where he decided
becoming a monk
• As he grew up Hitler had no friends, because they found him
to be girlish.
• He turned up to become increasingly hostile and rebellious.
• In 1903, Hitler became the head of household as his dad was dead.
• He moved to Vienna to pursue his career in fine arts, but failed.
• The death of his mother shattered him totally.
• He became homeless in Vienna
• Moved to Germany in 1913, to avoid mandatory military
servicein the austain army.
• Germany started the world war in august 1914,
Hitler volunteered for german army.
• He got wounded in leg and was hospitalized, where he started
his hatred for jews & Marxists.
• November 10, 1918 Germany was defeated and war was over.
• Hitler was convinced that jews and Marxists were responsible for the defeat.
• Hitler received an award for his
bravery and fight in the war
“Iron-Cross first class”
A rarity for foot soldiers.
• Hitler continued working for the army as an investigator.
• He was appointed for lecturing the young soldiers.
• Ordered to investigate a small group known as German Workers Party.
• Where he found their political views to match his, so he joined the party.
• Hitlers highly emotional speeches made him executive committee member.
• Red Social Idea of movement
• White The National idea
• Swastika the mission to struggle for victory
• By 1920 the party had around
3000 members and was name as
“ National Socialistic German
• This was the first time Hitler
was introduced as the “Fuhrer”
of the NAZI Party.
(1921 to 1923)
• In 1921, the victorious Europe allies imposed a bill of $33 billion.
• This caused Ruinous inflation in Germany.
• In this time the Deutsch Mark Slipped from 4 Marks to a Dollar to 75
and finally to 400DM for one US Dollar.
• French army occupied the industrial part known as Ruhr.
• The Deutsh Mark fell to 18,000
• By july – 1,60,000
• By august – 10,00,000
• By November – 4,00,00,00,000 Marks to buy a dollar.
Imprisonment of Hitler
(November 8, 1923)
• The nazi and hitler now felt it was right time to strike the revolt.
• Hitler was found guilty and was sentenced for five years in prison.
• Although behind bars, he did not stop communicating,
he expressed all his vies to his secretary.
• The result was the Book Mein Kampf.
• As soon as Hitler was released, he arranged a meeting of four
thousand Cheering Nazis
• Hitler started spewing out the same old threats against the
• Because of which Govt. Of Bavaria slapped him a 2 year ban
on public speaking.
1926 to 1929
• This was the quietest and happiest time for Adolf hitler.
• During this time Hitler had a girl friend, whom he loved a lot
• They spent their happy days in shopping visiting theatres,
concerts and even party meetings.
• Geli had a tendency to flirt with young boys,
which made Hitler to turn possessive.
• The possessiveness of Hitler made Geli Shoot herself and commit suicide.
Dictatorship of Adolf Hitler
• In March 13, 1932 Hitler contested in presidential
elections against Hindenburg.
• He won and got 36% votes, but failed to get the majority.
• Which in turn help him be the chancellor of Germany.
• Hitler made many changes in the democratic rules of the republic
• His next target was to conquer Europe and expand Germany.
• The result was World war-II
• “ the leader must have the ability to make different opponents
appear as if they belong to one category.”
• “to be a leader means to be able to move masses.”