On Thursday night, three young Israeli civilians – Eyal Yifrach, 19,
Gilad Shaar, 16, and Naftali Frenkel, 16 – were on their way home
when they were kidnapped near the community of Gush Etzion.
Since Thursday night, IDF forces have conducted a
widespread operation in order to locate the
teenagers and to find the Hamas terrorists who were
involved in the kidnapping.
So far, the Israeli forces have arrested
more than 190 Palestinian suspects in
connection with the abduction.
IDF soldiers conducted an extensive operation on
Monday night, uncovering hundreds of weapons
and explosives in Nablus.
Palestinians have been
voicing their support for
the kidnapping and
calling for further
One of the leading campaigns to support the
abduction is called: #Three_GiladShalits
Kidnapping is a constant threat to
the safety of Israel
• 1989 - Two Hamas terrorists dressed up as religious Jews
and kidnapped Sgt. Avi Sasportas.
• In a similar event later that year, Hamas terrorists abducted Cpl.
• 1992 - Hamas abducted Sgt. Maj. Nisim Toledano, a border
policeman, on his way to work.
• 1994 - Hamas abducted Sgt. Nachshon Wachsman with the
intention of trading him for terrorists.
• 2006 - Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel, killing two soldiers and
kidnapping a third, SFC Gilad Shalit.
Our soldiers are continuing a widespread search with a single goal: to
bring Gilad, Naftali, and Eyal home.